Do you have an accent?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yes Sir

Full on Spicoli meets Hud
This is by way 25 years in So Cal and the other 15 in Austin

But still way more Spicoli

image-jpg.6250

Anyone else have this shirt? I wore mine out back when schools weren't so uptight about everything.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I talk like everyone else around here. So no, I don't have an accent. But I noticed some other people do. :whistle:

I've been told my phone voice sounds like a late night DJ on a soft rock station.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
I talk like everyone else around here. So no, I don't have an accent. But I noticed some other people do. :whistle:

I've been told my phone voice sounds like a late night DJ on a soft rock station.

or Barry White? ;)

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Midwestern accent here. And not St. Louis South County either. lolol Just saying.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Midwestern accent here. And not St. Louis South County either. lolol Just saying.

You know, I live about an hour and a half SW of STL. I only head tha way to go to a game or to go to Cabelas at the Mills. I've never understood where all these damn counties are. I mean I assume they are North, South and West. But I know when I go to a game or the mall, mostly they black folks I meet have accents but the white folks don't at all. How the hell does that work? Lol

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
You know, I live about an hour and a half SW of STL. I only head tha way to go to a game or to go to Cabelas at the Mills. I've never understood where all these damn counties are. I mean I assume they are North, South and West. But I know when I go to a game or the mall, mostly they black folks I meet have accents but the white folks don't at all. How the hell does that work? Lol

Southern roots that's why. And the dialect is not as varied as it is with white people. In other words a black guy in Cleveland will sound a lot like a black guy in Minneapolis, but the white guys will sound noticeably different.

However when you get into the south, especially the deep south it's different. Dialects vary a lot more among both black and white.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
An accent? I'd have to say my accent is more West Coast than So Cal, having moved to Seattle from California 10 years ago.

However, I tend to be a mimic. That is, I often pick up phrases from co-workers who have accents different from me.