Do You Have a Second Favorite NFL Team?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
I don’t support any team apart from the Rams but I feel sorry for Buffalo, given their four consecutive Super Bowl defeats.
Buffalo would be my second favorite team.
Mainly because they are my wife’s favorite team.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
This is a great question. I have varied over the years. In the early 70's I lived in NY and liked the Dolphins. Watched the playoff win when they beat the Chiefs on Christmas day and really enjoyed that team and their uniforms. I now live in South Florida and don't like the Dolphins anymore.

When we weren't winning in the mid 70's I rooted for the Raiders and Cowboys when Rams were out.

I think the Jets have always been my second favorite team but not crazy about them now with Aaron Rodgers there for some reason.

Today as I write this I don't really have one though I have rooted for the Chiefs to win the last 4 times they were in the Super Bowl as I didn't like the Niners, Eagles or Bucs.
You mean when we weren’t winning Superbowls?
Because in the mid 1970’s we were in the middle of a 7 year in a row Division Championship run.

dpjax

Starter
Camp Reporter
As a kid the St Louis Cardinals were my 2nd favorite team because I played for the Cards in TBall. Plus they weren’t in the same division and I also really liked Terry Metcalf. When I got electric football for Christmas (you know the one with the vibrating field where half the players would spin around in circles) I painted one team the Rams and the other team the Cardinals. But since they moved to the NFC west it became hard to like them.

Although, after living through the 80s, 90s and beyond…
2nd favorite team is always whoever’s playing the 9ers!

TexasRam

Legend
I find a reason to despise almost every other team:

Niners/Seahawks/Cardinals/Patriots - no explanation needed

Saints - also no explanation needed, although I'll offer a few anyways - we used to randomly lose to Aaron Brooks, including Hakim's fumble in the wild card in 2000/2001

Bucs - that epic 2000 MNF game where Shaun King was about to be sacked and flipped to Warrick Dunn. Disliked them ever since.

Panthers - 2003/2004 divisional round double OT loss

Falcons - wildcard playoff loss in 2017/2018

Cowboys - why do we keep getting blown out by them??

Eagles - the Wentz injury/Nick Foles game - plus I believe we've only beaten them once in the past 20+ years

Giants - this is a weird one - but in 2001, we barely beat them - I think the score was 15-14 (doing this without google) - that team annoyed me ever since

Lions - wildcard round last year, dirty team

Packers - how many losses in a row now

Dolphins - haven't beaten them since 2001, and the last game against them was.....very frustrating

Bills - the blowout comeback turned loss on a phantom PI - complete with Josh Allen being a whiny little bitch about Donald sacking him - cannot stand this team

Jets - Brett Favre beatdown where it was, I think, 40-0 at halftime or something insane like that

Steelers - haven't beaten them since 2003, the loss last year was frustrating and the one in 2019 even more so

Ravens - MNF beat down in LA in 2019

Bengals - fans bitching about calls in the Super Bowl

Titans - Fisher tormented the Rams a few times after the Super Bowl

Chargers - overrated every single season by everyone

Raiders - what's to like?

That leaves as possibilities:

Bears, Vikings, Commodes, Browns, Texans, Colts, Jaguars, Chiefs, Broncos

Of that group, I have no reasoning for this, but I don't like the Bears, Commodes or Browns.

I weirdly don't dislike the Chiefs....I feel like we all should, but I can't.

I am thankful the Broncos traded us Miller. I tend to root for the Vikings, Texans, Colts and Jags when I watch them.

Gun to my head I'll go Texans because CJ is the first Ohio State QB that is showing potential in the NFL.
My list and reasons are real similar to this.

I usually dislike a team if they win too much or have recent wins vs the Rams that pissed me off.

I guess I hold football grudges and soften up vs Underdogs if they haven't pissed me off recently.

The Chargers were always my second favorite team growing up. Loved the Dan Fouts teams with Chandler, Jefferson Muncie, Winslow etc. That Coryell offense was incredible to watch.

Currently I really dislike the Niners and Ravens, then its the Eagles, Bills, Broncos (due to asshole face) and the Jets due to Rodgers.

If a team beats or upsets one of these teams then they get a special place in my heart.

This is why I like the Chiefs. They recently have knocked out the Niners and Ravens, Eagles, Bills and Broncos.

This is also why I don't dislike the Cowboys and Packers, they both knocked off the Niners in the 90's.

The Giants knocked off the Pats 2x in Super Bowls and I wont forget that.

Strangely, I don't hate the Pats as much at the moment with Brady and Billthecheat gone.

Now I look at your list:
Bears, Vikings, Commodes, Browns, Texans, Colts, Jaguars, Chiefs, Broncos

As stated don't like asshole face and Chiefs upset teams I don't like. Plus, Chiefs are my Wife's team and I like her so root for her team.

Plus, Wife and daughter are Swiftites, so Chiefs games are a whole thing.

Bears - Still hold a bit of a grudge from the 85 Championship game. WOW long grudge.

Commodes, Browns, Colts, Jags all are underdogs to me so get some love.

Vikings have McConnel so I root for them plus we usually roll them.

The Texans are a team I really like. Stroud is really easy to root for. Seems like a humble guy and is a hell of a QB.

I also like rooting for the Lions, been terrible for so long so have that underdog thing going. Plus, I like watching their Oline and with all Goff's limitations, he is a tremendous QB to watch when he has a stable pocket. I get the Goff dislike but I always root for former Rams with the exception of players with attitude issues like Marcus Peters.

But don't get it twisted, any team that plays the Rams I root against. Any team that I need to lose for the Rams to get a playoff spot gets no love from me.

Ramon Ram

Starter
You mean when we weren’t winning Superbowls?
Because in the mid 1970’s we were in the middle of a 7 year in a row Division Championship run.
Yes that is why I notated when we were out. All season it was only Rams. During Super Bowls and Championship games those were the only other teams I would root for.

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
Anyone playing the Cheatriots, unless its the Whiners, then its stadium implosion.

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
I'm a one team guy. Rams all the way!

I have lived in NC all my life and so I actually know quite a few Panther fans and I have actually tried to like them but with them starting out in the NFC West that tainted them for me and they have never been that compelling. I did pull for them during their super bow run when they lost to the Pats but it was never a strong pull and now there is complete indifference as I also really dislike their current owner a lot.

Outside of the Rams, I will follow players I like more than the teams themselves.

Of course the team for day motto is always in play for whoever is playing against the 49ers or is in a postilion to help advance the Rams post season aspirations.

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
I'm a one team guy. Rams all the way!

I have lived in NC all my life and so I actually know quite a few Panther fans and I have actually tried to like them but with them starting out in the NFC West that tainted them for me and they have never been that compelling. I did pull for them during their super bow run when they lost to the Pats but it was never a strong pull and now there is complete indifference as I also really dislike their current owner a lot.

Outside of the Rams, I will follow players I like more than the teams themselves.

Of course the team for day motto is always in play for whoever is playing against the 49ers or is in a postilion to help advance the Rams post season aspirations.
NC here as well, good to see other NC RAMS fans.