Do We Resign Dunbar?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I've heard little talk on the matter. He's a solid player that won't be too pricy. I know our coaching staff was pretty miffed at him for juicing and even cut him for it. I didn't think we would bring him back nor resign him this offseason at that time. He brought a lot of stability in his return. I bet we could bring him back for near the vet minimum. He wants to be a Ram and could mentor a talented second round rookie like Van Noy.

Last edited:

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I thought Dunbar was very good and our defense definitely played better once he came back (albeit that it coincided with Fisher becoming more involved in the defense). I would very much like him back unless the Rams are thinking about drafting an OLB early.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'd like him back.

After cutting cut, he planned on coming back to the Rams from the get go. I think the coaches and Dunbar respect each other.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I think there was a plan in place to bring him back all along after his suspension and I was happy to see him back in horns. The difference in our run defense was unmistakable with him back in the line up and he is a solid piece we don't have in the young guys available on the roster. I think it would be a mistake not to have that LB group back together for another year, there are too many other areas that need to be addressed in this off season. Resigning Dunbar makes one less thing to have to fix.

A55VA6

Legend
Maybe. We can probably get him for cheap. He definitely wasn't the same player after his suspension, though.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Yes, re-sign him. Would still like to see a LB drafted in the 2nd-5th. Dunbar can either start or give us great depth and a great mentor.

F. Mulder

Starter
For me no. He's a solid run stopping LBer who can't play pass and brings a lot of aggression but a lot of limitations IMO.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Didn't he play under G.Williams in N.O.?
He could play an important role in transitioning some of the guys into his defensive system.

Ramifications

Whoever plays with JL and tree will be a two down LB, so no brainer to sign him to a team-friendly contract so we can use high picks on OL, DB, possibly Watkins. He knows the system, and though it wasn't needed last year, like tree, he has a background of playing inside and outside, nice versatility to have for depth in case of injury. It isn't like he is old, so good fit age-wise. His stats were impressive in 2012, and dropped in 2013 due to the part time role (and the suspension, or course).

Last edited by a moderator:

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Yes, resign him. He plays aggressive and tightened up the run D when he returned. Would love to see him light up the running QBs in the NFCW. Under GW he should get plenty of opportunities to blitz the QB and land the knockout punch, legally of course.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I can't see him not being back, they shouldn't create another hole in the roster when they can bring in a pretty decent player at a pretty decent price. Depth and he can start if need be, and he doesn't have to be a three down guy is as some guys point out his coverage skills aren't great.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
A definite YES and still draft an OLB to replace Witherspoon for depth and situational help. I think pretty decent ones can still be had in the 3rd and 4th rounds.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
There is one reason I don't think the Rams bring Dunbar back...Ray Ray Armstrong.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Yes, re-sign him. Would still like to see a LB drafted in the 2nd-5th. Dunbar can either start or give us great depth and a great mentor.
Exactly! We are at the point of putting final pieces in place and improving depth while securing the future!

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I don't mind if he comes back at all, especially with Williams as DC. What I would like to see is a upgrade over him. While he gets pulled in passing situ's, he still is a liability if he's on the field and he does have to play Pass D.