Do We Need Another Rb?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I'd like to draft one in the middle rounds but only if we have garnered a couple of extra picks from trading down in the 1st. On my short list are Lache Seastrunk, Carlos Hyde, and Marion Grice.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
JMO, but as much as I like Stacy, his YPC was 3.9 which was 31st among RB's. And outside of the first Seattle game, he didn't fair very well against the top D's. At least not when we tried to pound it up the middle. I still prefer a back with speed and I don't know if Pead has warn out his welcome with Fisher. But I sure would like to see Pead (or a similar fast back) in conjunction with Stacy. I just don't think DR is that RB.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
as much as I like Stacy, his YPC was 3.9 which was 31st among RB's.

Wow, I didn't know it was that low. I guess he got all those yards by just having a ton of carries.
I would rather have Cunningham be the guy, he has the speed to take it to the house, as long as he holds onto the ball.

fancents86

Starter
the only problem I see us having at RB is if D Rich plays like he did his rookie year. Then it will be a fight for the starter spot.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think so. Zac gets dinged up too much.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
JMO, but as much as I like Stacy, his YPC was 3.9 which was 31st among RB's. And outside of the first Seattle game, he didn't fair very well against the top D's. At least not when we tried to pound it up the middle. I still prefer a back with speed and I don't know if Pead has warn out his welcome with Fisher. But I sure would like to see Pead (or a similar fast back) in conjunction with Stacy. I just don't think DR is that RB.

Teams began to stack the box on Zac after he established himself, daring the Rams to pass. Unfortunately KC didn't have the arm to scare Ds away from stacking 8 & 9 man boxes.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Teams began to stack the box on Zac after he established himself, daring the Rams to pass. Unfortunately KC didn't have the arm to scare Ds away from stacking 8 & 9 man boxes.

Is that what really happened or was the rams oline just overwhelmed by superior dlines?

has anyone watched the tape of the losses to see where it all went wrong?

TexasRam

Legend
Is that what really happened or was the rams oline just overwhelmed by superior dlines?

has anyone watched the tape of the losses to see where it all went wrong?

Long, Wells and Saffold got banged up which directly correlated to when Stacy's YPC started plumetting. Long was graded as the top run blocking LT in the NFL at one point this season before the injury. By the Final game the interior line where Stacy does his work was Smith, Barnes and Williams. Huge reason why Stacy's numbers dropped. But one has to also consider what the backup Oline situation along with a backup QB (and No Tavon) did to Stacy's YPC as well.

Flipper_336

Starter
Name
Carl
Do you mean when the Ram drafted these OL'ers thru the draft with 1st rd., 2nd rd,& 3rd rds. of the drafts:
OT's like Doug France #1 dc, Jackie Slater #3 dc, Irv Pankey #2dc & OG's Dennish Harrah #1dc, Kent Hill #1 dc ,Tom Newberry #2 draft choice.....all all pros...
Man, those names take me back to when I first started watching the NFL. What a great line we had back in those days.

:juiced:

As for the question at hand, we have far more pressing needs than another running back at the moment. Fixing the o-line and the secondary should be items 1a and 1b on our "to do" list before September rolls around.

Alan

Legend
Flipper_336 adding his three cents:
As for the question at hand, we have far more pressing needs than another running back at the moment. Fixing the o-line and the secondary should be items 1a and 1b on our "to do" list before September rolls around.
Well said Flipper!

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW

That could be a big part of it as well. And that's why I'm a guy that wants us to continue to strengthen the OL. Not only for Sam but to be a powerful running attack as well.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
FWIW- This is the guy I like to compliment Stacy. Don't think we would go this direction but you can never have enough speed, IMO.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Keep your eyes on Andre Williams from Boston College. There's a little tweet to help connect the dots..

"Rams scouts at Boston college vs Wake forest also rumour former BC rb coach will join the Rams"

Name
JP
I know this sounds odd given how well Zac Stacy played and we still have Cunningham and D Rich as back-ups, but I'm worried that the Rams need to draft another bruising RB. Let's face it, the Rams offense was much better once we converted to a power running game. Stacy filled the role of the power RB very well. Once he got involved in the offense, it really took off. Cunningham wasn't bad in relief but I'm not sure he can carry the load. If Stacy gets hurt and goes on IR (god forbid) then our entire offense could take a huge hit. That's why I wonder if it wouldn't be prudent to draft another power RB

Yes. I love both Stacey and Cunningham but they both have problems. Stacey seemed to get banged up and Cunningham with fumbles.

I feel like we might be taking another RB in the 4th or 5th round. Which would be completely okay with me.

Name
JP
Keep your eyes on Andre Williams from Boston College. There's a little tweet to help connect the dots..

"Rams scouts at Boston college vs Wake forest also rumour former BC rb coach will join the Rams"

Any idea what round he is being projected in right now?

Alan

Legend
rfip the second with a Q:
Any idea what round he is being projected in right now?

http://walterfootball.com/draft2014RB.php10.
BostonCollege_logo.gif
Andre Williams, RB, Boston College Height: 6-0. Weight: 227.
  1. Projected 40 Time: 4.60.
    Projected Round (2014): 3-4.

12/21/13: Williams put an exclamation mark on his tremendous senior season with a record-settting game on senior day. He ran for 339 yards on 42 carries with two touchdowns against N.C. State. That set a Boston College single-game record. In 2013, Williams has averaged 6.4 yards per carry for 2,102 yards and 17 touchdowns. He has zero receptions.

Williams was a backup running back during his first three seasons. He ran for 584 yards in 2012, 517 yards in 2011 and 461 yards in 2010.
EDIT: This stupid program renumbered this guy. He's actually rated as the #10 RB at this site.

EDIT II: Thanks X!

Last edited by a moderator:

jjab360

Legend
I don't care what anyone says, I love Andre Williams' running style. He takes extremely long strides for a RB his size, but somehow makes it work because he builds up so much momentum nobody can take him down. Great vision and power as well. Really unique player and my favorite RB in the draft.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I don't care what anyone says, I love Andre Williams' running style. He takes extremely long strides for a RB his size, but somehow makes it work because he builds up so much momentum nobody can take him down. Great vision and power as well. Really unique player and my favorite RB in the draft.

Yea, he punishes people that try to step in front of him. He'd be the perfect compliment to Stacy. I'm not sure if he can catch out of the backfield with his zero interceptions.

ramfidelis

UDFA
Yeah... I have a feeling we need another guy. Someone who is a bruiser that defenses don't really want to tackle. Doesn't have to be fast, but a guy that can knock a hole through a brick wall!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Man, those names take me back to when I first started watching the NFL. What a great line we had back in those days.

:juiced:

Eric Dickerson was getting punked by the media when Charles White gained 1000 yards after ED went to the Colts.

His response was "Larry, Curly and Moe could get 1000 yards behind that line".