do we have the money....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Athos

Legend
Another thing on Britt. With a 2-year deal, it almost seems like we have a pay as you go deal with him. That's just another year tacked on to his original deal.

Granted, it's worth almost 14 mil, but you look and see it's guaranteed at 4.3 and you see the Rams most certainly left themselves open to ditch that contract next year if he either doesn't perform gets in trouble again, or something else.

Anyway, we passed on a massively heavy QB draft last year and didn't bother with one of the best WR classes ever. Not a fan of doing THAT again because of perceived "need."

Less ammunition? Use explosive rounds. i.e., best talent.

Cooper is superior to Watkins and I had the biggest hard-on ever for Watkins. @FRO can back me up on that. And he routes may not making him the RZ target of Evans, he'll have the superior career imo.

Anyway, all moot if he ain't there.

But still, Rams have to get two lineman before the draft either way. I think they do.

FRO

Legend
Another thing on Britt. With a 2-year deal, it almost seems like we have a pay as you go deal with him. That's just another year tacked on to his original deal.

Granted, it's worth almost 14 mil, but you look and see it's guaranteed at 4.3 and you see the Rams most certainly left themselves open to ditch that contract next year if he either doesn't perform gets in trouble again, or something else.

Anyway, we passed on a massively heavy QB draft last year and didn't bother with one of the best WR classes ever. Not a fan of doing THAT again because of perceived "need."

Less ammunition? Use explosive rounds. i.e., best talent.

Cooper is superior to Watkins and I had the biggest hard-on ever for Watkins. @FRO can back me up on that. And he routes may not making him the RZ target of Evans, he'll have the superior career imo.

Anyway, all moot if he ain't there.

But still, Rams have to get two lineman before the draft either way. I think they do.
I can vouch for you brother. I think you and I have wanted a WR every year since Bradford got drafted. We really haven't had good production out of a WR since Torry in 2007. That was a long long time ago. A reason I want to fill our offensive line depth with stop gap guys at minimum is because I don't want us to feel obligated to draft a linemen over a better player. If White or Cooper are there at 10 and we pass, we have better have had an outstanding trade offer or Winston or Mariota are still there.

Big Willie

Starter
Quinn has a lot of his money front loaded in 2015, and with a restructure the Rams could save against the cap. For the right deal, I think they would get two veteran OL men, preferably Wis and Barks. I don't think they will seriously overpay for either and guaranteed money that averages over 5 million for either would fall into that category for me. Another option is to get a quality RT in the draft in the second round and Schreff to fill a need at OG in the first round...and the B Jones wait may finally be over.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Do we have the cap space to resign barksdale and then add blalock and Wisniewski? And then hope for Cooper or white in draft? Dream ending to great start of off-season.
I like the way you dream, and your Avatar!!:D

All 3 of Barksdale, Wiz, and Blalock? Probably not, unless we back load the contracts.
IDK if we have enough or not, but Demoff is very good doing contracts, and doesn't ten to Back-Load!!(y)

Do we have the money? Probably. Do I feel like we have to get Wisniewski? Nah. Right now, if I were the Rams, Barksdale and Blalock would be my priorities.
I'm greedy, I want all three!!(y):D

There is no way we draft any wr in the 1st after resigning Britt.
If white is their we'd be fool's not to!!;):)

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
IDK if we have enough or not, but Demoff is very good doing contracts, and doesn't ten to Back-Load!!(y)

Yeah, Demoff is a cap wizard.

With the new contract info for Britt, I think we'd have enough for those 3, but barely.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I wish the Rams would update their roster on their official page. They have the new additions ... but they also still have guys that are not on the team currently .. and even Ayres is listed at SLB and sharing the #55 with JL. :oops:

MFaulk107

The Realness
I don't want Blalock tbh. Just get Wisniewski in here and coach him up, he can play OG or C for us he's young and entering his prime. Then draft the bejeezus out of OL.
N have those rookies practice against our dominant dline, so they're jacked up n good to go!

StevenG-BR

Rookie
Do we have the money? Probably. Do I feel like we have to get Wisniewski? Nah. Right now, if I were the Rams, Barksdale and Blalock would be my priorities.

Who will play center then? We don't have one.

To me, center has to be the top priority. And considering that signing Wells was one of Snisher's first moves, I'm a bit surprised they don't appear more hellbent on finding one. I thought it was a position they valued a lot.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Who will play center then? We don't have one.

To me, center has to be the top priority. And considering that signing Wells was one of Snisher's first moves, I'm a bit surprised they don't appear more hellbent on finding one. I thought it was a position they valued a lot.

Rhaney or Barrett Jones or a draft pick

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I wish the Rams would update their roster on their official page. They have the new additions ... but they also still have guys that are not on the team currently .. and even Ayres is listed at SLB and sharing the #55 with JL. :oops:

The rams are always one of the last teams to update depth chart and rosters. It frustrates me every offseason.

StevenG-BR

Rookie
Rhaney or Barrett Jones or a draft pick

Yuk.

Zero experience between them. And both have injury concerns.

And the draft... Erving is the only guy I'm comfortable betting on as a Day 1 starter. Dismukes and Grasu? Fine mid round picks. Not ready to immediately depend on them though.

But you're right. Betting on Jones and Rhaney must be the plan... That's the only thing that explains their lack of action.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yuk.

Zero experience between them. And both have injury concerns.

And the draft... Erving is the only guy I'm comfortable betting on as a Day 1 starter. Dismukes and Grasu? Fine mid round picks. Not ready to immediately depend on them though.

But you're right. Betting on Jones and Rhaney must be the plan... That's the only thing that explains their lack of action.

That's not true. Barrett Jones played this year against KC. And you gotta start somewhere unless the plan is to keep paying FA Centers. I'd rather we develop our own.

I prefer Gallik to the other two Centers. Erving and Cann are my top two though. But I don't think either is ready to start Week 1.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Say what? I thought it was Tim Barnes that played, not Jones. I can't remember Jones ever getting on the field.

Nope. Jones played when Wells got injured against KC. He held his own. If he can put weight on and improve functional strength this off-season, I don't think he'd be a liability in the middle.

ausmurp

Starter
first I want to state that I am not arguing your point of view.... just trying to understand....... no offensive linemen that impress you? Where do you rate these linemen compared to last year's crop? Say Robinson, Mathews, etc? How do you rate cooper and white compared to Watkins and Evans? Why is a potential no. 1 receiver valued higher than say a potential all pro guard or offensive lineman? And with the contract just agreed to with Britt, and Quick due soon, and the continued development of Bailey and trying to get Austin touches...... all that in a ground and pound offense why does a potential no 1 receiver have more value?
Remember. ...I am just asking for your insight. ...or anyone else who can shed a light...or continue the conversation. ...thanks.... ;)

Go Rams............. ;)

I think most people would agree that Mike Evans would've been a better choice than grob last yr. WR in general is one of the most valuable positions in the league...

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
After the Britt signing we have 13 Mill left but still need just over 4 Mill to sign our rookies so if I was Pead I'd start packing. We need Wisnewski even tho he lacks in his pass blocking rating by PFF.but rates higher with the run. Practicing against Donald will have to help his hand speed and pass blocking.

As said above Gallik IS the best shot at having a starting rookie center. Nothing like Fredrick was for the cowboys his rookie season tho. A weak year for starting centers. Fisher loves his veteran centers but I hope Wells taught him a lesson at what age you sign one. Wells was the highest rated and Fisher overpaid for him. Now Wis is the highest rated center left and knows he can get a good payday. The Seahawks lost Unger to the Saints but have a great backup that started many games they won last year. His name slips my mind so i'm sure the seahawks lowballed Wisnewski. Thinking just their winning ways should bring players in.

I'll scream if we draft Dismukes in the 3rd round when we could get our starting MLB to replace JL. There should be a couple there waiting for us . Please don't grab one of this years QB's in the 3rd either . We have 3 young guys right now for Weinke to work with. Demoff will need a magic wand to get Barksdale and Wisnewski and spare us Blaylock who may not pass a physical (I hope). I think we sign Blaylock tho.

lockdnram21

Legend
How do you know that?

There's a lot of D linemen who will go high in this draft.

There really isn't a single offensive lineman who impresses me in this draft. I'd much rather trade up and take Cooper or White than sit at 10 and take an overrated Scherff because we're forced to take an offensive lineman
Because Cooper is a better prospect then Watkins. Somebody will trade up do you really think that they would draft a receiver early after Quick, Britt, and Bailey showed promise with Davis and Hill now we have a better qb . I really don't see wr as a need and would hate to trade up would rather trade back. But I do think we pick a receiver in 3rd or 4th to take Givens spot

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Ridicules the Rams have signed all these FA and non are OL.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Don't worry the OL will come sooner than we think, plus the draft... I like how Snead is working this off season so far... But I'm banging the table for some good big uglies too