do we have the money....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Shawnbb158

Starter
Do we have the cap space to resign barksdale and then add blalock and Wisniewski? And then hope for Cooper or white in draft? Dream ending to great start of off-season.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I don't want Blalock tbh. Just get Wisniewski in here and coach him up, he can play OG or C for us he's young and entering his prime. Then draft the bejeezus out of OL.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
All 3 of Barksdale, Wiz, and Blalock? Probably not, unless we back load the contracts.

Shawnbb158

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I was just wondering bc the 12 mil we saved with Bradford gone. Plus what we got from long/wells to go along with what we had to begin with. So wasn't sure our cap situation. I know we used a lot up on Britt fairly and Ayers (and kendricks forgot to add him.) But do we have enough left to get those three plus our picks?

Last edited:

WestCoastRam

Legend
I believe we "pay as we go" with Demoff. I think we probably only have room to sign one. We'll have some change left in cap space but I think it won't be enough to sign anyone (and I think you need some cushion to sign guys when guys get injured - I think we ran into problems with that last year). We still have to pay draft picks too but I'm not entirely sure how that works.

Shawnbb158

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Gotcha. Wish someone could figure out exactly what we still have lol thanks for the input though guys.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Do we have the money? Probably. Do I feel like we have to get Wisniewski? Nah. Right now, if I were the Rams, Barksdale and Blalock would be my priorities.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think if they sign one it will be good enough, however Blalock would be a good vet to play alongside GRob. And getting Saffold back to the right next to Joe would be music to my ears. They sorely need better Oline depth though.

They need to draft a guy that can play Guard and Tackle. Or guard and Center. Two of them would be good. Then draft a Center. round1 Scherf or Collins or Erving, Round2 Cann or Tomlinson, Round3 QB and round4 Garcia.

I think they trade back and take Collins or stand pat and take Scherf....I really want a top two WR but I think that is not the way they go. In fact if Cooper or White is there or Scherf, they would be the trade bait.

lockdnram21

Legend
No way cooper or White makes it to 10 and we're picking a tackle. Go hard for wiiz and Draft tackle and giard

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Gotcha. Wish someone could figure out exactly what we still have lol thanks for the input though guys.

I'm guessing we have close to $3.5mil in available CAP. This includes the counting of our dead money, an estimated savings for the draft class, and the signings of Foles, Kendricks, Fairley, Ayers & Britt. We need a few more details on the Kendricks/Britt contracts for a more accurate picture, but this should be quite close.

And don't worry yet about creating additional CAP space. $8.mil might be converted from Quinn's contract, Chris Long may do a slight restructure, and guys like Pead, Givens, Sims & Dunbar are probably feeling the heat of continued potential CAP casualty cuts. These 4 players could open nearly $6.mil. more. jmo.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/st.-louis-rams/cap/

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
No way cooper or White makes it to 10 and we're picking a tackle. Go hard for wiiz and Draft tackle and giard
How do you know that?

There's a lot of D linemen who will go high in this draft.

There really isn't a single offensive lineman who impresses me in this draft. I'd much rather trade up and take Cooper or White than sit at 10 and take an overrated Scherff because we're forced to take an offensive lineman

V3

Hall of Fame
There is no way we draft any wr in the 1st after resigning Britt.
If true, that's a mistake. Not saying we have to draft a WR in the first but to not draft one just because we signed Britt would be wrong. Cooper is better than any of the o line prospects.

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
How do you know that?

There's a lot of D linemen who will go high in this draft.

There really isn't a single offensive lineman who impresses me in this draft. I'd much rather trade up and take Cooper or White than sit at 10 and take an overrated Scherff because we're forced to take an offensive lineman

first I want to state that I am not arguing your point of view.... just trying to understand....... no offensive linemen that impress you? Where do you rate these linemen compared to last year's crop? Say Robinson, Mathews, etc? How do you rate cooper and white compared to Watkins and Evans? Why is a potential no. 1 receiver valued higher than say a potential all pro guard or offensive lineman? And with the contract just agreed to with Britt, and Quick due soon, and the continued development of Bailey and trying to get Austin touches...... all that in a ground and pound offense why does a potential no 1 receiver have more value?
Remember. ...I am just asking for your insight. ...or anyone else who can shed a light...or continue the conversation. ...thanks.... ;)

Go Rams............. ;)

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
To me, Watkins and Evans are comparable to Cooper and White. I think Cooper and White both have All-pro type ability.

Scherff is no where near the prospect that Robinson was. Robinson has All-Pro potential; he has as much athletic ability as any tackle in the league. I don't see Scherff being anything more than above average. I really just see him as a JAG. I will concede this to Dr. Ram and jrry who do a lot more offensive line scouting than I do

Athos

Legend
There is no way we draft any wr in the 1st after resigning Britt.

Skipping on talent like Cooper/White when they fall into your laps at #10 is a fireable offense imo.

If you don't take either one, you sure as shit better be trading out of that slot for a quality pirate's booty. Pun intended.

You don't fuck with passing up talent like that for need.

Anyway, gimme Barks back and Blalock and I think we'll be fine going into the draft and able to go BPA in the 1st.

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
Thanks for thst..... ;) OK it's my opinion .....as I grade the receivers out that Cooper grades out slightly below Evans not to mention Watkins. .....but ahead of Beckham. .....White mostly because of just big year of production would rank 5th on that list.... and although all of the linemen in this draft I would rate below the big 3 last year I think Scherff compares favorably with Martin. ....but with possibly more upside....again....it's just my opinion.

Go Rams......... ;)