Do we have a kicker?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
I know dude, would suck to lose a true Ram and weapon like The Hekker but these are the decisions i'm talking about when i say that good teams don't get crippled by paying good core players big contracts. Teams FIND A WAY.

Donald, Goff, Gurley, Cooks, Peters...the Rams can make it work. Fans overreact to the money stuff.
BOOOO!! So you're saying this is our last contract with Brockers?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Go with the flow.

Enjoy the now.

Don't fret about things out of your control.

Tomorrow is a new day.

You can't always get what you want.

It's out of our hands.

Supercalifragisexy.

Turducken

Starter
For the record, if it came down to it...i'd keep Hekker over GZ.
Cutting GZ would save $2.8m this year (cutting Hekker would save $515k). Ficken is set to make $480k.

If GZ isnt markedly better than Ficken in camp....well?

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
For the record, if it came down to it...i'd keep Hekker over GZ.
Not to downplay that Hekker is a great punter, but when we had Kurt Warner, the punter wasn't even needed in some games. I believe we need a great kicker and if you have a great offense and defense, you can take your chances with a rookie punter on a rookie contract. A Jeff Fisher team absolueltely needs a great punter. Sean McVay's team, maybe not so much if it means a lesser player in a key position due to salary cap.

Jeff Wilkins was a key to our SB winning 1999 season. Awesome that we got him off the whiners!!

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Hekker is one of our biggest weapons, I think you work out a way to keep him a ram.
Greg the Leg, again, a key part of the success of the team, I'm sure him going down last year was a big part of the team going off the rails in the playoffs.

Then again I thought that about Dani Klupenger

jjab360

Legend
Cutting GZ would save $2.8m this year (cutting Hekker would save $515k). Ficken is set to make $480k.

If GZ isnt markedly better than Ficken in camp....well?
giphy.gif

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
With GZ fully recovered and experiencing no lingering effects from his disc surgery, fully dialed in, GZ is capable of kicking FG's from half a field. He has the ability to kick 65- 70 yd FG's. I saw him do it at TC last year. Spotting the ball on the 50, GZ was splitting the uprights with room to spare.

What a great weapon to have, able to score from half a field away.

jap

Legend
Stop that shyte! Hekker's our second best QB on the team! (notice the lack of blue font?)

Johnny: "Second best? Who has the best passer rating on this team? the lowest INT rate? Don't you know a modern Slingin' Sammy Baugh when you see him . . . when you see ME!?!" (SMDH)

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
You don't realize how important the kicking game is until you don't have a good kicker or punter. In tight games the punter can help control field position and the kicker may just win or lose the game for you. To be the best you need quality players at these positions.

jap

Legend
Hekker is one of our biggest weapons, I think you work out a way to keep him a ram.
Greg the Leg, again, a key part of the success of the team, I'm sure him going down last year was a big part of the team going off the rails in the playoffs.

Then again I thought that about Dani Klupenger

Yes! I really believe Pharoh Cooper lost focus in the Wildcard game without Dani available to interview & cheer him up.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Don't need a big time kicker if you score a TD every time .

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Don't need a big time kicker if you score a TD every time .
When this big time kicker went down last year, it seemed to affect the whole special teams play afterwards. And..when was the last time the Rams scored a TD every time they got the ball?

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Damn....forgot it was his back....must have weak abs....or an imbalance in there....
With GZ fully recovered and experiencing no lingering effects from his disc surgery, fully dialed in, GZ is capable of kicking FG's from half a field.
And when has a guy went thru a disk operation....and came back with NO lingering effects?

C'mon bubba....you're my age....backs are tricky....esp. if you don't change something big time.
When this big time kicker went down last year, it seemed to affect the whole special teams play afterwards.
boi you sure love to pass the buck....it wasn't just the loss of the kicker. Ball security...baby...just take care of the rock...and tackle...and let the offense and defense do the heavy lifting.

I'll say this here.....and it's a good thing....ST's are now our weakest unit. Bones needs to step it up...better prep on our trick plays....left a couple out there on the field with those Hekker throws....