Do we have a kicker?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramon Ram

Starter
Anyone know the status of GTL after back surgery?
Saw Janikowski still floating around, wouldn't mind him if Greg is delayed.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Ficken was re-signed on a 1 year deal. Hopefully GZ can make a full recovery.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Hekker and Zuerlein will likely be the first one or two major fan favorite cap casualties down the road when the Rams "do what they gotta do" to keep our best players.

Not trying to be a buzzkill, lol.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hekker and Zuerlein will likely be the first one or two major fan favorite cap casualties down the road when the Rams "do what they gotta do" to keep our best players.

:cry:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Stop that shyte! Hekker's our second best QB on the team! (notice the lack of blue font?)

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Shh. Not Hekker.
I know dude, would suck to lose a true Ram and weapon like The Hekker but these are the decisions i'm talking about when i say that good teams don't get crippled by paying good core players big contracts. Teams FIND A WAY.

Donald, Goff, Gurley, Cooks, Peters...the Rams can make it work. Fans overreact to the money stuff.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
I thought Ficken did pretty well once he settled in. He's no GZ, but definitely serviceable.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
In fact we have 2 signed right now.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Actually, both Hekker and Zeurlein are weapons.

Hekker is maybe the best punter in football. If he is able to deprive the opposing team of 10 plus yards every time he punts, or places the ball on the 5 yard line consistently putting the other team in the bad place. That's almost depriving a 1st down ever time he punts.

Greg the Leg? When he's healthy, he's almost an automatic FG machine, and highest scorer on the team.

Neither is adequately replaced with cheap players...I'd rather lose one of our receivers, than lose these guys.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek

:stop:

cvramsfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When the times comes Hekker takes a pay cut to stay a RAM for life. I bet all my ROD $ on it.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
This has been on my mind for a few days. A pro-bowl kicker is just as important as any other piece of offense.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Actually, both Hekker and Zeurlein are weapons.

Hekker is maybe the best punter in football. If he is able to deprive the opposing team of 10 plus yards every time he punts, or places the ball on the 5 yard line consistently putting the other team in the bad place. That's almost depriving a 1st down ever time he punts.

Greg the Leg? When he's healthy, he's almost an automatic FG machine, and highest scorer on the team.

Neither is adequately replaced with cheap players...I'd rather lose one of our receivers, than lose these guys.

Agreed. Those that under-estimate special teams do so at their own peril. Talented punters and kickers are invaluable and worth every penny if you have an elite one. It's not like those position will break the bank anyway. It would be foolish to not hold onto them. We can replace a talented WR or CB with a 1st round pick if we hit on it. Lose the game's best kicker and you might not find a replacement for several years.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF

zombomeme09042018195541.jpg

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Well we saw that when Donnie Jones was The Rams mvp & Brown was not Bering his wife. The Rams still got rid of both of them & Les Snead started his magic !!

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
For the record, if it came down to it...i'd keep Hekker over GZ.