Do we have a kicker-problem?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Simba

Rookie
Greg the leg missed some FGs in these pre-season games.No worry, but would be better to score them.Am I wrong in being too anxious about it?The second part of last season he had some problem ... What do You think?

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
I see the same problem he was showing last year with hooking them to the left. I hope he gets that problem straitened out (pun intended).

Minimally worried but worried all the same.

Wonderboy

Rookie
In a word, NO! We don't have a kicker problem. We are developing two of the better kickers in the NFL in my opinion. Sure they are still developing and will screw up from time to time, but these guys are good! Worry about something else! ;)

Graphicker

Starter
negative.. Trial by error, It just so damm odd when he misses huh? Crazy how scary good he is this young.

Best kicker since Mr.Jeff Wilkins!

Now Josh Brown! Dude is on my hate list.

Simba

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Graphicker said:
negative.. Trial by error, It just so damm odd when he misses huh? Crazy how scary good he is this young.

Best kicker since Mr.Jeff Wilkins!

Now Josh Brown! Dude is on my hate list.

Sometimes I Think :"Power without control is nothing".A little more of precision and less power than big power with less precision.Just this.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
The ones that he has missed were all long bombs weren't they?

Simba

Rookie
LesBaker said:

Yesterday he missed a 54 y.FG.Into a dome.You are right, but Fisher calls always his number from this range.

V3

Hall of Fame
I think some of you are getting spoiled by his powerful leg. Most kickers can't even kick it 52 yards, let alone worry about accuracy. Wilkins' absolute maximum was 53 yards. GZ gets asked to kick 50+ yd FG's every game, it seems. Once it's beyond 50 yards, the accuracy is going to drop. Heck, lots of kickers miss in the 40's. Once he starts missing in the 40 yard range, that's when I'll start worrying.

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
Legatron is a beast. I think he gets in his own head some times, but he will get over it.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Simba said:
LesBaker said:

Yesterday he missed a 54 y.FG.Into a dome.You are right, but Fisher calls always his number from this range.

LACES OUT!!!!!!!

Simba

Rookie
V3 said:
I think some of you are getting spoiled by his powerful leg. Most kickers can't even kick it 52 yards, let alone worry about accuracy. Wilkins' absolute maximum was 53 yards. GZ gets asked to kick 50+ yd FG's every game, it seems. Once it's beyond 50 yards, the accuracy is going to drop. Heck, lots of kickers miss in the 40's. Once he starts missing in the 40 yard range, that's when I'll start worrying.
You are right.The problem is Fisher trusts in him so strongly that send him into the field for kicking "everything is walking in that zone" :cheese: I am kidding.Yesterday Ravens scored a Td after the Zuerlein's mistake (obviously the opponents are nearer than usually).It could be a problem if we go on to kick from 55/60 yards ...

Simba

Rookie
LesBaker said:
Simba said:
LesBaker said:

LACES OUT!!!!!!!

Opss, sorry I haven't seen this!

fearsomefour

Legend
A problem? No. Dude isent perfect, thats all.
Hekker can be a true weapon as can Zuerline. Interesting to me that this was a priority Fishers' first year, really speaks to a desire to get things fixed long term and fixed correctly. Greg the Leg gets all the headlines but Hekkers' ability to place the ball inside the 20 is uncanny and may certainly directly contribute to wins this season. Two great pickups.

Graphicker

Starter
Hekker had his fair share of bad punts last year as well. Like I saw some 30 yard punts lol. We were facing constant crappy field position, He does however seem to have fixed the issue.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
I like that fisher puts GZ in tough field goal situations. It will only help him get better with the pressure of having to make those kicks. Look at last year. He came through for us TWICE against SF to win the game @ home.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
How powerful his leg is almost doesn't matter if he can't make the long range field goals. Honestly it hurts more to try those long ones and miss than it does to not even try.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
The only reason we are worried is because the kid is a GOD!! 90% of NFL kickers will miss from 50+ about say 40% of the time if not more....That's literally the only range that he has shown consistent inconsistency.

We are worried because of Pavlov's Dog people, or classic conditioning. He came on so strong that when he finally did falter people were gonna freak....as he develops he will learn not to put 70 yard muscle behind a 50 yarder and become more accurate...now if we get him inside of the 50 yard range the kid is damn near perfect...

In other words, don't sweat the small stuff

A55VA6

Legend
Not yet. He needs to work on accuracy though because he's missed alot of field goals tail end of last year and now preseason.

But in regards to power, he might have the strongest leg in the NFL

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
As long as GZ hits consistently inside 45... I can handle misses >50.

<45 needs to be automatic in this league.

Having a leg strong enough to hit 60+ yds is a nice roll of the dice when you need it.