Do we even HAVE any Linebackers?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rams2050

Starter
WTAF?? (As a Rams' fan, this is becoming my go-to phrase these days).

If they are anywhere on the field, they are usually out of place or taking the wrong angle on a tackle OR whiffing altogether.

All I know is that Lauranaitis and Ogletree, last year, seemed to be more than holding their own. Jo-Lonn Dunbar, as well. WHAT THE FREAK HAS HAPPENED?

I'll tell you what: Gregg Williams. And he will be with the Rams for freaking forever because he's a POJ -- Pal of Jeff.

rams2050

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Tree was better, but he still wasn't up to snuff with what he was doing last year. And I blame Gregg for that.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I don't know what's happened, I just know its not good enough.

It doesnt help the offense was bad after the first series.

I think Greg Z. is broke, too. WTF!!!!

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The defense played awesome for a while..can't contain great running backs for 1000 plays!

jjab360

Legend
Maybe if we weren't blitzing them into our D-line's back every play we'd get to see one of them every once in a while

Jumava1968

Starter
Name
Jumava
I was happy with the Williams signing and have been waiting for the D as they learn a new and complicated defense. However 7 games in and no major step up in the D has me a little worried that the players are not responding to him.I understand that we are really young we started 6 players with 2 years or less of experience in the KC game.So I'm willing to wait it out so long as we start showing some improvement.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Idc what anyone says. The defense played great yesterday. The offense should take 100% of the blame. You can only be out there for so long without giving up big plays eventually.

Tweed335

UDFA
Yeah, the I-formation slot right/left full back lead 'blocking' for the tailback 34 blasts weren't fooling KC's D.

I know we had 3 linemen go down, but Joseph is a paid OL right? I mean, this dude isn't a volunteer or something? He is getting a check right? So, why the hell is he constantly on his ass whenever we try to run the ball?!!

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Laurinits has always not been that good. i thought Tree played better today
I've always liked JL because of his massive production. It's conceded that he's not a thumper type MLB, but he always was flying around the field making plays. This season his production has tanked. He looks more than a step slow out there, I can't help but think it is injury related. But it actually started sliding a bit last year too, I thought because AO was now making plays, but clearly it looks like JL is on the verge of "not being the problem" to being one. With OL the Rams had plans that failed, but LB is an area that the Rams have completely neglected to have a any plan whatsoever. I've been screaming for the past 2 years for the Rams to draft a LB that could develop into JL's replacement -- heck any LB at all. Instead, we have Pead.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Our defense was the best when Fisher was running it through Greg's son. That's why we should just get rid of Williams and put McGinnis in the D-coordinator position.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Idc what anyone says. The defense played great yesterday. The offense should take 100% of the blame. You can only be out there for so long without giving up big plays eventually.
Yes they were much better.
We forced Smith to beat us with his arm. Unfortunately we couldn't keep the offense on the field to score or even rest the defense.
Dunbar seemed to take over where Ogletree left off last week.
Tree was much improved yesterday barring a couple of penalties.

Last edited:

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
I just wonder, how much do think the Loss of Chris Long, had to do with the poor performance of the D so far!!?
definitely effects the pressure from the line and containment cus Long can really seal an edge. so it's a trickle down effect through the rest. but Williams should adapt to this. he seems like he doesn't care about adjusting his plays to mask a weakness or to the offenses play calling.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
Our defense was the best when Fisher was running it through Greg's son. That's why we should just get rid of Williams and put McGinnis in the D-coordinator position.
yea our best D was with Fisher calling it and the year before being run by conmittee