Do these RB’s still have it?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Go back to the start of 2020… These guys were all top-10 RB’s… What about now?

Derrick Henry
Ezekiel Elliot
Saquan Barkley
Christian McCaffery

Derrick Henry - Now 28… how much is left? Last year Henry was limited to 8 games, but he still rushed for 900 yards.

Does he still have it? YES

Ezekiel Elliot
- He will play this season as 27yr old. He should still have it, right? Thats young enough. Last 2 seasons… 32 games 1980 yards, 4.1 YPC

Does he still have it? NO

Saquan Barkley
- Only 25. First two years he appeared headed for stardom. Now? Hard to say, but the last 2 seasons haven’t looked great… averaging 3.6 YPC. Did the injury move Barkley into Gurley Territory?

Christian McCaffery
- He is 26 this season… does anyone remember him as a healthy player? Its been since 2019 that he’s played more than 7 games.

How do you see it?

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Henry is a generational back, he just needs to stay healthy.

Zeke is the only only one who has actually stayed healthy. He has put up average numbers despite playing behind the best OL of these four. Pollard has been better over the last 2 seasons.

Saquon looked like a slam dunk coming out of PSU, but injuries and that horrible franchise have derped him up good. Still think he could be a good back in the right offense.

McCaffrey may be, overall, the most talented of these four. He is explosive in the run and pass game and has good power. Sadly enough, I am not sure he will ever stay healthy enough to realize his potential.

Psycho_X

Legend
Henry is a generational back, he just needs to stay healthy.

Zeke is the only only one who has actually stayed healthy. He has put up average numbers despite playing behind the best OL of these four. Pollard has been better over the last 2 seasons.

Saquon looked like a slam dunk coming out of PSU, but injuries and that horrible franchise have derped him up good. Still think he could be a good back in the right offense.

McCaffrey may be, overall, the most talented of these four. He is explosive in the run and pass game and has good power. Sadly enough, I am not sure he will ever stay healthy enough to realize his potential.
Basically what I was going to say. Never been all that impressed with the Ewok as an overall talent and I wouldn't fear him or change my defense for him.

A healthy Henry is by far the most feared non-QB I would want my defense playing against. Most defenses aren't designed (both in scheme and size of players) to play against that kind of RB anymore. Will see if his lower half can maintain that kind of brutal play for much longer.

Saquon and McCaffrey I would still hate to play against if healthy but they are definitely trending down until they can prove it on the field.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
I'm still mad at Vrabel for not feeding Henry in 2018. I drafted Henry as my RB2 expecting him to break out, but the whole year Vrabel only gave him 10-12 touches a game, splitting time with Dion Lewis. After I dropped him, Vrabel all of a sudden decided to give him more touches at the end of that year and the rest is history fml

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I agree. Henry yes. The others no.

It seems with bigger faster defenses the shiftier types can’t hold up. Barkley and McCaffrey

Zeke had a lot of hard miles between now and college. Wear and tear is real.

Kyle Shanahan has the right formula imo. Mid sized guys with speed that hit the hole fast. Then don’t hang onto them too many years. Those types are out there in college every year. You don’t need a Marshall Faulk. You just need to pick up 4 you consistently.

I get that the Rams have been winning by not investing heavily in Oline, but I’d rather invest in Oline over Runningbacks.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good topic, but on the flip side who would even rank as the "Top 5 RB for 2022"?
Indy's Taylor would be the obvious #1
And I'd say Henry is still right there with him, but he's no receiving threat so he'd slot behind on that. His injury of course would be a concern, but he did make it back for the playoffs and I think they'll lighten his load, with his running style losing a step isnt gonna change much
Other than that, its pretty subjective
Mixon? I know he scares teen age girls in a fist fight, but as an opposing player? Nah
Cook? Can he stay healthy?
Kamara? Health problems and at least he fights men but still
Zeke? His numbers seem to decline year after year while quite conversely his weight seems to increase year after year
Barkley is toast

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Let me just post that Barkley looks amazing this year and I would not be shocked if he comes back strong under Brian Daboll's offense.
1657208082458.png

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Henry is my favorite RB, he is the closest thing to ED I have seen.
There are some backs that are just fun to watch, at anytime they may just do something special leaving you awed,
Henry is one of those backs.

I think the same about Faulk but Marshall had a different wow factor than ED and DH, those 2 used speed, power and vision that is seldom seen.
CMC is a Faulk type back with his running and receiving ability but he is nowhere near as dependable.

The other 2 are very good backs of their generation but nothing elite about them to me.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Zeke had a lot of hard miles between now and college. Wear and tear is real.

That’s how I view Zeke. He might still be a fairly new car, but he’s got high miles.

Good topic, but on the flip side who would even rank as the "Top 5 RB for 2022"?

Taylor
Chubb
Cook
Henry

I think the debate starts at 5.

Let me just post that Barkley looks amazing this year and I would not be shocked if he comes back strong under Brian Daboll's offense.
View attachment 54943

Barkley could. I could see it. He’s young enough. That said with knees… you just don’t know how much burst and speed a guy loses. A lot of young guys bounce back.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Taylor
Chubb
Cook
Henry

I think the debate starts at 5.
If healthy, for sure. Cook misses games year in and out, and Chubb's knee is a concern. In all honesty I didnt have a list in front of me and hadnt thought of him, would put Chubb in the 3 spot

As for Zeke, they've got a decision to make in big D
Pollard might be the better back right now and will be a UFA after the season while Zeke's guaranteed money runs out and can be moved on from

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
I agree with the Chubb comments that dude is a beast. I watched quite a bit of the Browns-Bengals game last year in Cincy and he looked unstoppable.

Tano

Legend
ZEKE just tries to show off his ugly ass stomach anymore

Edit - someone should also start an Ugliest Football Player Thread

I think Zeke wins in a landslide