Do the Rams need to invest more in OL?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Are you satisfied with our OL?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I say no for now. Time to let time tell if things have been improved. Nothing ever gets fixed instantaneously just because you want it to.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Yes Boudreau has the type of Ol'ers he loves. I feel good with what Snead & company have done here early in 2015.:)

Here below is the current list of 16 OL'ers under contract. We here in this forum have discussed the mid 2014 season shoulder injury & surgery to WR Brian Quick... what has not been discussed is the early 2015 reconstruction surgery of our best OL'er Rodger Saffold. How much news has come out here on his status? Just guessing here but I would imagine that the Rams will take it slow & tentative on easing Saffold back into the starting lineup :cautious:in TC or pre season or maybe even into the regular season. Rams do have some young OG's now that will get a ton of action early with Saffold rehabbing. I have boded my penciled in early first team starters. That leaves just one rookie in that line up (Jamon Brown @ ORG). That's not too alarming. I would think that Havenstein by the 3rd pre season game would have earned the starting ORT, thus providing Boudreau a veteran back up Reynolds on that right side.

#1-(Vet)Garrett Reynolds 27-7> ORT/ORG
#2-(Vet)Rodger Saffold 26-5> OLG/ORG
#3-(Vet)Tim Barnes 26-4> OC
#4-Barrett Jones 25-3> OC/OLG/OLT
#5-Brandon Washington 26-2> OLG/ORG
#7-Greg Robinson 22-2> OLT/OLG
#8-Travis Bond 24-1> ORG
#9-Steven Baker 26-1 > ORT
#10-Demetrius Rhaney 22-1 >OC
#11-Rob Havenstein 23-R > ORT
#12-Jamon Brown 22-R > OLG/ORG
#13-Andrew Donnal 23-R > ORT/ORG/OLT
#14-Cody Wichmann 23-R > ORG/OLG
#15-Darrell Williams 22-R > OLT
#16-David Wang 21-R > OC/OLG

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
My early 2015 season prediction of Ram 10 Ol'ers when the regular season begins.Rookies in Red & health concerns in Pink

OLT- Robinson/Donnal
OLG- Jones/Wichmann
OC- Barnes/Rhaney
ORG- Brown/<Saffold
ORT- Havenstien/<Reynolds

Practice Squad signers Darrell Williams OLT & David Wang OLG/OC

Rams43

Hall of Fame
My early 2015 season prediction of Ram 10 Ol'ers when the regular season begins.Rookies in Red & health concerns in Pink

OLT- Robinson/Donnal
OLG- Jones/Wichmann
OC- Barnes/Rhaney
ORG- Brown/<Saffold

I could easily see those 10 among the final 53, Bonifay.

But I can't see a healthy Saffold as anything but a starting OG on opening day. And since his surgery was on Jan 7th, I have no reason to believe he will be less than 100% come September.

Another thing. It might be a stretch to think all 4 of the rookie OL will make the final 53 while none of last year's backups survive.

Gonna be an interesting summer for the guys competing on the OL, that's for sure.

DrLurkalot

UDFA
Name
Don
I think they need a veteran leader and locker room presence. Doesn't necessarily have to be a starter, but someone who commands respect and can reinforce what the coaches teach from a player's point of view. Long, Blalock, Wells - I don't know - just throwing names out there. I just think they need someone to help bring them along. Their potential is exciting, but their youth and lack of experience is scary.

nighttrain

Legend
I'm not satisfied yet but I might be if the new guys all work out, but I'm thinking that they need to bring in at least one more veteran.
Same here, love the draft, but if a serviceable vet becomes available for the OL, grab him...
train

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
the question and poll seems straight forward but still leaves a lot of grey area. am I satisfied with the effort Snisher finally put into the line this year? for the most part yes ( FA got us nowhere tho). am I satisfied or confident in what we have going into Week 1? hell no I don't know what to expect right now just keeping fingers crossed.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
I wouldn't mind bringing in some veteran competition for the interior spots, but other than that, I'm fine with where it is for now.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
You always keep your eyes open for good opportunities. There just aren't many out there. I'm wondering about the health of some of the older guards available - the Rams seemed to have so little interest despite what we fans might have wanted. Makes me think they know things about them not publically available.
well part of it i think is they are tired of getting burned. they have actually paid some pretty good $$ the past few yrs on older FA vets, only to not get what they paid for.

IMHO, they are doing it right this time.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Am I happy how they invested in the OL this entire off season, I answered yes. I think they invested great draft capital into the OL. Furthermore I liked how they went about preparing for the draft, searching for a particular skill set and new ("finally") identity.
So far I been happy w/ our draft classes to date so I think you gotta trust Snead/Fisher.
Only negative is I wish we drafted Collins late on day 3. But the flip side to that coin is just maybe they liked the players we drafted thus far into the draft.
As it stands so far in late May it looks like we will be a slow starting team to start the season unless Foles looks better than we think. But on paper our Offense will be gelling early in the season and we won't know what we got until the second half of the season.. rookies along the OL and rookie stud rb. Could be another year before we truly fight for lead dog in the NFC West

EDIT:
w/ regards to FA signing, looks like most teams viewed the FA OL class the same. Not worth the $$$.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would. I'd bring Justin Blalock in on a one year deal.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

OLT- Robinson/Donnal
OLG- Jones/Wichmann
OC- Barnes/Rhaney
ORG- Brown/<Saffold

Yeah, I'd swap Saffold and Brown, but otherwise, I like it. I think that's exactly what I posted a few days ago, actually in a different thread, so great minds and all that...heh.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I voted NO. I'm very happy with the investment in this years o-line. The way I look at it, if we invest (again) now, it means our draftees aren't panning out, which would be a huge disappointment.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
well part of it i think is they are tired of getting burned. they have actually paid some pretty good $$ the past few yrs on older FA vets, only to not get what they paid for.

Yes , I am tired of getting burned too & yes their return for all that cap cash show'd up & contributed to all those collected 6 wins.:palm:

I see that there is a good chance that the 2015 version of a Justin Blalock would be possible great example of the above...

The Ripper

Starter
Name
Rip

This is a great point look at Dallas 3 years ago they had one of the worst o lines and they turned it around with draft picks. Their line is young and have grown together to form one of the best o lines. Right now it's too early to grade ours. It may take a few games for them come together as a group so it may take time to really be able to answer the poll question

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
:shades:

OLT- Robinson/Donnal
OLG- Jones/Wichmann
OC- Barnes/Rhaney
ORG- Brown/<Saffold

Without having seen them play a down, this is the same way I see it!!(y)(y):shades:

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I can see why thy would be a little leery of signing aged and/or injured players. It hasn't worked in the past. Plus, Fisher wants his type of guys blocking. He's got a certain type of player in mind and he's going all in. It might take some time, but if it works they have a chance at the type of offense he wants to compliment a playoff caliber defense.