Do the players still believe in Fisher?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
I have supported Fisher and honestly still do . They have built a very talented young team, that should be a lot better than they are playing this season . I feel that the players have tuned fisher out because there is no discipline . There are still way too many penalties by the same players. Yesterday 2 Recievers ran the wrong routes and it cost them a win. Although i support what fisher has done for the rams, if the players no longer believe in him , He needs to go !

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
The Rams consistently make more mistakes than the rest of the league. Every team has miscues, every team gets flags, every team blows assignments - but the Rams seem to do it more than anyone else does and they have throughout his regime.

For I while, I thought - young team - learning curve - bound to happen. But at some point, accountability steps in and points to the top. Even if the players DO believe in Fisher, they don't perform under him.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
No discipline. Think you're on to something here.
The players all love playing for Fisher because it's easy. Just don't think that these guys fear for their jobs much, and their play reflects it.
Just look at all the dumb penalties over the whole JF tenure.
Discipline.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Wrong route or not, Quick was wide open on the last play of the game and Case threw to nobody. Fisher can keep covering for Case all he wants but that's a wrap in my book.

I do agree with you about the discipline though, that could be the major factor in it all.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Can't argue with any of the above, and concur that discipline is not high on JF's list of priorities, but it's also a function of experience, and we are still a young team. Grob plays the second hardest position in the NFL, came in green, and is probably responsible for one-fourth of our penalties - lol.
But no - don't think he's lost the team.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
The Rams consistently make more mistakes than the rest of the league. Every team has miscues, every team gets flags, every team blows assignments - but the Rams seem to do it more than anyone else does and they have throughout his regime.

For I while, I thought - young team - learning curve - bound to happen. But at some point, accountability steps in and points to the top. Even if the players DO believe in Fisher, they don't perform under him.

And really this is the bottom line for me.
Whether the players believe in him or not, they are not producing wins. - PERIOD.
I'm not saying fire Fisher right now, give him the remainder of this season.
I'd require he win at least 9 games to have a CHANCE to keep his job....just have a chance to keep it.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In a word: No.

That's just my take based on the product I'm watching.

If they were devoid of talent? I'd understand.

But they're not devoid of talent... they can play better but I'm wondering if they care that much anymore... no consequences for the poor play/mistakes/etc..

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
I don't believe in Fisher, but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt by season's end. If we don't have at least 9 wins by then, I want him gone regardless of who's under center. The lack of preparation against non-divisional opponents is staggering and is a piss-poor habit of Fisher.

As for the players, they certainly like him, but at some point, they need proper discipline and Fisher seems too chummy with the players to the point where they're lax about the situation.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I truly believe all of us wanted Jeff Fisher to be successful and appear in post season and win a few Super Bowls as well, however, the offense continues to struggle and the penalties continue to pile up. Some decisions have been good, however, others have been head scratchers.

I don't think Fisher has lost the locker room, however, IMO, they might have gone as far as they can to this point under this regime. I'm all for continuity, however, there comes a time that you have to win more games then you lose and I don't believe in giving Fisher a pass because of the move, but now as fans we will have to watch this play out and week in and week out prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Its all conjecture but in my opinion, I could see how the WR would be getting tired of Keenum noodle armed passes, and Fisher's immediate defense of CK.
On top of it, to come out and publicly blame the WR?

I could definitely see how dissension would be growing

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Yes, well at least I don't think they've lost faith in him as a player's coach and I wonder how anyone can doubt Greg Williams.

And I'll say that after the offensive success against the Lions, there's no reason for a sudden mutiny against Groh.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Wrong route or not, Quick was wide open on the last play of the game and Case threw to nobody. Fisher can keep covering for Case all he wants but that's a wrap in my book.

I do agree with you about the discipline though, that could be the major factor in it all.

When I hear Fisher speak, I think of the quote from ' The Outlaw Josey Wales', " Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining."

Can't argue with any of the above, and concur that discipline is not high on JF's list of priorities, but it's also a function of experience, and we are still a young team. Grob plays the second hardest position in the NFL, came in green, and is probably responsible for one-fourth of our penalties - lol.
But no - don't think he's lost the team.

It should be the exact opposite for Fisher, considering that he values athleticism over character and football instincts. It should be the exact opposite.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In a word: No.

That's just my take based on the product I'm watching.

If they were devoid of talent? I'd understand.

But they're not devoid of talent... they can play better but I'm wondering if they care that much anymore... no consequences for the poor play/mistakes/etc..
Hard to dispute this logic.

JerseyRam1

Rookie
Probably with some older guys. After 5 years of the same messaging without any change in direction, he's got be having some guys thinking they are giving all they have, only to waste away below .500. This team does have some pro bowl caliber talent thats not getting the recognition or the bonuses because this team is not winning.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Although i support what fisher has done for the rams, if the players no longer believe in him , He needs to go !
The players believe in him...that is why they play so hard for him.....If Ceaucescu was back, then all hell would break loose! Adi are you a Romanian?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Yes

I am a believer that Fisher will deliver this 2016 Ram team another 7 win 9 loss season :shocking:....yes sir firm believer here:palm:.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The players believe in him...that is why they play so hard for him.....If Ceaucescu was back, then all hell would break loose! Adi are you a Romanian?
No I'm Bosnian, and I'm not sure they always look like they care . When you make errors you can't be focused

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Ah, fro Bosnia...
Ya, errors=no focus....espescially since it is the same system, and same players.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
I don't see how. Knock him all you want but Jenkins was smart getting off the Rams and getting a big pay check. That's a what you call a win-win.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
I wonder if Gurley's lack of performance has anything to do with Case (and not Goff) at the QB spot? I'd hate to think it so... but it's a possibility, however slight. You are the #1 dude out there, you want to roll with the #1A. Look at Dak and Elliott in Dallas.,, very similar situation, except their O-Line is elite. But I like TG30 over Elliot any day of the week,