Do Rams’ offseason moves make them a top-3 NFC team?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
d@mn, I love this Sam Adams Cream stout I'm drinking...umm, what are we talking about?

GET OBJ!

fearsomefour

Legend
Eagles
Vikings
Those are the top two to me.
Eagles added some pieces and should have Wentz back healthy.
The Vikings were very good last year and improved the important position on the field.
Rams can contend for the west but I would put them in that 1A category.
The NFC is tough.

Name
Hannibal Ram
My heart says yes........but my head says not quite there yet. The NFC is a beast right now. With McSnead in the current Super Bowl or bust mode, I wouldn't bet against it though......Can't wait to see what the Rams look like after the draft!!

The Ramowl

Starter
I don't get the "show me something" argument. We were 3rd seed in the NFC last year, it's not like we were some 6-10 team that would have added high profile free agents to a dysfunctional team.

Now I am not saying we ARE in the top 3, Eagles Vikings, Saints, Falcons, Panthers and Packers are very good teams, but we have shown something already, we are not 2017 offseason Rams, come on.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
With all the moves the Rams have made, Pre-Draft, there is NO DOUBT they are in the Top 3, and more than likely Tied for #1!!(y);):yess:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Eagles added some pieces and should have Wentz back healthy.

I read that there is a reasonable chance he will be able to start the season on the field rather than the sideline. They have a capable guy in Foles though if he needs a couple of weeks into the year to fully heal.

They are the defending champs and didn't get worse so they have to be #1 overall in the NFC.

The Vikings were very good last year and improved the important position on the field.

They are the X Factor this year. Cousins makes them a legit threat to the entire NFL, not just the NFC.

Those are the top 2.

After that who stacks up..........

For my money the Panthers lucked into the 11-5 record, they were middle of the pack but had a very easy schedule IIRC. They would more likely be a 9 win team if they had the Rams schedule last year.

That leaves the Saints and Falcons. The Rams beat the Saints and got beaten by the Falcons. In one game they dominated and it wasn't as close as the score. In the other they lost because of two really killer turnovers and a slew of three and outs and stalled drives.

The Saints also had an easy schedule but if not for that miracle pass by Keenum the would have been playing in the NFC Title game.

I'd say it's a toss up between the Rams and the Saints, either can have a case easily biult for them.

I'll also say if you rank top 5 in the NFL the Rams make that cut in some peoples opinion. The Steelers and Rams would be in the conversation for sure.

I know the talking heads like to talk about the Rams rapid ascension but this team has been getting assembled for a few years and was really waiting on a QB and OC. Goff and McVay unlocked this teams potential. The real discussion IMO goes beyond who is top 3 next year and has to center on who is built to win. One year isn't meaningful, go ask the Patriots or Steelers. Those two franchises build a team properly and it seems we may have that working for us now.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
My heart says yes........but my head says not quite there yet. The NFC is a beast right now. With McSnead in the current Super Bowl or bust mode, I wouldn't bet against it though......Can't wait to see what the Rams look like after the draft!!
I think we've only scratched the surface with McVay. I think he'll be even better prepared this year.
1st time head coaches have a learning curve just like players. Most fail on their first go around.
McVay is only going to get better.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
NFC is tough, our team played all of the top NFC teams last year.
Competitive with philly
Beat the saints
Beat ourselves against Atlanta
Fell apart in second half vs Minnesota

With the massive addition of talent this off season, I don't see why our team would not be a favorite .

Can't expect offense to score 30ppg again but this defense will be improved and ready to go !

I think cousins is over rated
Brees is another year older
Wentz is hurt

MrRiceGuyRJ

Let's Make the Rams Great Again
Name
RJ
I'm not offended by their analysis. We lost to the Vikings and Eagles, and got worked in the playoffs by the Falcons. So until we show them something this upcoming year, that'll be what they remember. We can add all the pieces in the world, until we can demonstrate it works, I'm with them.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Well, on paper we are among the top 3 in the NFC, IMO.

And, frankly, I don’t think that there’s much daylight between the Eagles, Vikings, and Rams, anymore.

So there. Lol.