Do Rams have shot a playoffs?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jibbajab34

UDFA
I know its a long shot but the all the games on the Rams remaining schedule are winnable. Winning in Seattle will be tough, so if they finish 8-8 do they have a shot?

bluecoconuts

Legend
Mathematically? Yes. Realistically? No. The chances of getting in 8-8 or even 9-7 are incredibly low, unless a number of teams collapse.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
At 8-8, probably not. If we win out and other teams lose out, maybe.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
I'm thinking we should. Good Lord we would be winning the NFC South right now. :cool: I know @Ramhusker stated in the chat room earlier we have a snow balls chance in hell of making the playoffs. I'm no mathematician though. I know I saw on the braodcast today all the teams in contention and we weren't listed..

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
Is it possible? Yes. Probable? No. Frisco still has to play Seattle one more time so unless they tie, one of them will have a better record than the Rams. We would need AZ to lose out (could happen) but they still play both Seattle and SF so that is an additional win for both those teams. Wild card is our real only hope and I don't know how that works out.

Maybe someone else could expand on the wild card scenario.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Is it possible? Yes. Probable? No. Frisco still has to play Seattle one more time so unless they tie, one of them will have a better record than the Rams. We would need AZ to lose out (could happen) but they still play both Seattle and SF so that is an additional win for both those teams. Wild card is our real only hope and I don't know how that works out.

Maybe someone else could expand on the wild card scenario.

Yeah wildcard is are only option.

jibbajab34

UDFA
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah wins in the Dallas and Arizona games would've changed everything. With the way our defense is playing I would've liked our chances. Oh well crazy things happen all the time!

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I know its a long shot but the all the games on the Rams remaining schedule are winnable. Winning in Seattle will be tough, so if they finish 8-8 do they have a shot?

If they can move us to the NFC South we're tied for first :0

But realistically no, 3 of 4 teams would have to tank (Seattle, San Fran, Arizona and both Dallas and Philly have us in the tie breaker for head to head).

Last edited:

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Every week we're not mathematically eliminated from the playoffs I let out a small grin ;)(even if we are huge long-shots).

I no way should anyone think I'm content with the past 3 years, but it sure is a change in the Fisher Era that we haven't been eliminated from playoff contention until December all 3 years.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Just win next week and see what happens around the league. I'd sure like to stay alive a bit longer. I think we'd need to see Philadelphia and Arizona win out except against us. I think the Lions may need to fall on their face also.

If we can get to Seattle at 8-7, who knows!

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
If they can move us to the NFC South we're tied for first :0

But realistically no, 3 of 4 teams would have to tank (Seattle, San Fran, Arizona and both Dallas and Philly have us in the tie breaker for head to head).

And the worst part is we've done it to ourselves. Just think if we kept the lead against Dallas, AZ and even finished against San Diego.
That's 8-4 right there.

Hate to say next year but we had chances this year. Sigh.

rking4441

Rookie
Name
Richard
If the Rams win out and we tie in the NFC W the Rams win the div. First would be head to head and the Rams would be 1-1 against the 49ers and Cards. They would also be 2-0 vs Sea. Next tie breaker would be Div record and the Rams would be 4-2 in the Div if they beat the Card and Sea. They beat the Card and 49ers in that tie breaker (seeing that the Rams would give each a loss if they win out). The biggest issue is that the Card and Sea would have to collapse. In a wildcard tie breaker we would need it to be multiple teams in the tie breaker since we lose out to Philly and the Cowboys due to head to head loses. We would have the advantage against our Div foes and they have the advantage against both Philly and the Cowboys. Either way it is an extreme long shot and that make the loss to the Chargers much more bitter since we had that sealed up. That win would have given the Rams momentum and a realistic chance to get into the playoffs. The Rams very well maybe the Cardinals of the 2014 season.

Let's go Rams, the only way to know is to win out!

A55VA6

Legend
Sadly, no. Several teams ahead of us would all have to lose multiple games while the Rams win every game.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Ran this espn playoff simulator. It's not impossible, a couple of pretty good upsets in the mix but crazier things have happened. (Sorry I didn't clean this up)

AFC
FIRST-ROUND BYES
1st Seed

New England

Proj: 13-3

2nd Seed

Cincinnati

Proj: 12-3-1

WILD-CARD GAMES
6th Seed

Baltimore

Proj: 10-6

@
3rd Seed

Denver

Proj: 12-4

5th Seed

Kansas City

@
4th Seed

Indianapolis

Proj: 11-5

NFC
FIRST-ROUND BYES
1st Seed

Green Bay

2nd Seed

Philadelphia

WILD-CARD GAMES
6th Seed

Seattle

Proj: 9-7

@
3rd Seed

Arizona

5th Seed

St. Louis

Proj: 9-7

@
4th Seed

New Orleans

Proj: 7-9

Projected Rankings
Standings and playoff seeds update automatically based on your picks.
Copy URL
AFC
AFC EASTCURPROJ
New England9-313-3
Miami6-59-6
Buffalo7-58-8
NY Jets2-92-13
AFC WESTCURPROJ
Denver9-312-4
Kansas City7-510-6
San Diego8-49-7
Oakland1-111-15
AFC NORTHCURPROJ
Cincinnati8-3-112-3-1
Baltimore7-510-6
Pittsburgh7-59-7
Cleveland7-59-7
AFC SOUTHCURPROJ
Indianapolis8-411-5
Houston6-68-8
Tennessee2-104-12
Jacksonville2-103-13
NFC
NFC EASTCURPROJ
Philadelphia9-313-3
Dallas8-48-8
NY Giants3-94-12
Washington3-94-12
NFC WESTCURPROJ
Arizona9-310-6
St. Louis5-79-7
Seattle8-49-7
San Francisco7-59-7
NFC NORTHCURPROJ
Green Bay9-313-3
Detroit8-49-7
Chicago5-78-8
Minnesota5-78-8
NFC SOUTHCURPROJ
New Orleans5-77-9
Atlanta5-76-10
Carolina3-8-14-11-1
Tampa Bay2-103-13
Comments

T-Hawks

UDFA
50246-so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-c-RHL9.jpeg

TexasRam

Legend
There are a few scenarios that would get us in at 9-7 but the most likely is Arizona completely falling off and us tying for the division at 9-7 in which case we are in due to division record.

We need to win out @Wash and Seattle and at home vs Zona and Giants.
We need Seattle to lose @philly and at home vs Niners and us, but win @ Zona.
We need to Zona to lose @STL and SF and at home vs KC and Seattle.
We need the Niners to lose somehow @Oakland and at home vs SD but win @Sea and at home vs Arizona.

So yea...