Do Rams Draft A Runing Back?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

iced

Pead has the talent, the problem is between his ears. I wouldn't be shocked to see him go, or stay.

exactly. i wouldnt be shocked to see him blow it up elsewhere.

i think he's in the battle for #2 spot next season

Honestly if Richardson added 25 pounds of muscle he could be a solid back. Pead is a fumble artist. Stacy, Cunningham, Richardson +25 pounds, and add a halfback or bulldozing back like Tolbert will give us a solid line up. Stacy has a tendency to get injured on 3rd and inches. We need a 240+ pound back (if there is one) to plow through the lines on 3rd down.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Honestly if Richardson added 25 pounds of muscle he could be a solid back. Pead is a fumble artist. Stacy, Cunningham, Richardson +25 pounds, and add a halfback or bulldozing back like Tolbert will give us a solid line up. Stacy has a tendency to get injured on 3rd and inches. We need a 240+ pound back (if there is one) to plow through the lines on 3rd down.
Carlos Hyde, 6'0, 242lbs?

Alan

Legend
Hey Lorenzo, Welcome To The ROD! :woot::bigup::woot:
I know I'm late but you know the old saying, "can't make a silk purse out of a cow's ear".

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
They can always take a UDFA and have him get 4 TDs in a playoff game against the Colts.

Jeez. Dude's going off tonight.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious

This mentality about him should go away. He did have a couple times he put the ball on the ground. But honestly, I think he's past that. Look at what he did through the year. He's shown that he's willing to be a gunner and do what's necessary to prove his worth. I think part of this has to do with Stedman as well. I forgot where I heard it, but Stedman was heard saying to Pead, "Take advantage of every opportunity." And it looks like he's doing that for now.

On to the topic at hand. We need a guy to take some of the load off of Stacy. Not a change of pace guy, but a compliment guy that can do the same thing. Andre Williams could be this guy. Say what you want about the way he runs, but once he picks up momentum, he straight up lays guys out, and is hard to bring down. Carlos Hyde is another guy that is probably on the Rams radar, with all the time they spent scouting OSU this year. I'd say it's between these two in reality if we draft a RB.

iced

this is incorrect. Pead was actually much better with the ball this year. Cunningham was the fumble artist - a couple times untouched sadly at that

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I think we aught to look into a FA back whose at the end of his career like LeGarret Blount ,in the end we've got the talent already we just need someone dependable for 50 carries,no need to use a draft pick for that .
I can't see us drafting a RB for two more years unless an incredible bargain falls in our laps

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Its not a need,but i'm not sold on Z.Stacy being durable enough to be a #1 back for a full season yet. Nothing against him...he showed toughness this season. He also showed me that he gets nicked up often during games...even when he is thoroughly dominating. Just something that i'd be keeping an eye on if i was running this show.

I wouldn't balk at a mid to late round RB drafted,as long as he was a guy built to be a power back like Stacy is. We don't need another scat back or hybrid back. Tavon Austin,DRich and Cunningham are perfect guys to change it up.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Talk of jettisoning Daryl Richardson is premature IMO. He was completely misused this season as a power back early,and his body couldn't take it. Shocker.
Bring him back healthy and use him right as a change up guy(with Tavon)... use him like his role was behind SJ39's last season here.

DeweyCheatem-n-Howe

I wouldn't be surprised if they rolled the dice on a guy like De'Anthony Thomas late in the draft to replace Richardson as your speed guy.

iced

Talk of jettisoning Daryl Richardson is premature IMO. He was completely misused this season as a power back early,and his body couldn't take it. Shocker.
Bring him back healthy and use him right as a change up guy(with Tavon)... use him like his role was behind SJ39's last season here.

the guy has no vision...time after time, he runs into the backs of linemen...he never breaks any tackles, and goes down by weak tackle attempts - even arm tackles at that..

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I sure wouldn't mind seeing a guy like Tre Mason drafted by us. He and Stacy together would be a great combo. my three favorite RB's in this draft are Carey, Mason and Seastrunk.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
The Ram Org. liked the FIVE active master roster RB's they have attained. All are inexpencive & under contract in 2014. I see no need of any hunt & selecting of drafting of a RB however I am sure that if a Carlos Hyde is still on the board @ the begining of the third day Snead will take a longer look. Same can be said about James Wilder Jr. still there in the 5th and if DeAnthony Thomas is there when Snead has two 7th rd picks he will gets some looks.

Back to the Rams RB's...the mix or the blending of talents & skills of the five sure look like a fine youthful cadre. I for one see a ton of latent talent in Pead. Not sure it will ever be discovered but its there. I see Pead skills as being a back that can be a good pass receiver in 2nd & 3rd and longs. I see a RB who also can help Sam in the backfield with penetration of pass rushers take outs. I also see a running style that is unique but once gain thus far its just laying there dormant.

laramsoriginal

Starter
After the rams finish trading down at least twice in the first round, they will add 3 picks on OL, safety, CB, WR. I hope they get good value for trading down so the positpositions drafted above are all top 110 guys

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
I think we aught to look into a FA back whose at the end of his career like LeGarret Blount ,in the end we've got the talent already we just need someone dependable for 50 carries,no need to use a draft pick for that .
I can't see us drafting a RB for two more years unless an incredible bargain falls in our laps

Steven Jackson? I can't see him staying in ATL much longer, and I'd like to see him end his career as a Ram.

fancents86

Starter
absolutely not. Stacey is a beast and so is cunningham. I also have alot of faith in D Rich. Many say he's only a change of pace back and cant break through tackles, but i was watching his highlights from his rookie season and he was completing quite a few extra yds after being tackled. I think his turf toe injury had a lot to do with his lack of production this season and stacey was hot so there was no reason to replace him.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Steven Jackson? I can't see him staying in ATL much longer, and I'd like to see him end his career as a Ram.
Not me ,I'm done with SJ he gets fewer yards before contact than any back I know his knee lift is gone,if he wants to retire a Ram fine but I'm pretty much against looking back.