Do Rams consider DGB in 2nd Round?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Where'd you read that?

And if his 2013 season was "not trying" then he really has scary talent.

Moss was said to not give 100% much either. And he still dominated.

I couldn't say. I read so many articles and tidbits. But it stuck out to me.

Another sticking point with me is that some people seem to enjoy success and excel, while others resist it. Certain people get so engrained in their environment, and upbringing that they cannot adapt and move on. So no matter how much better their life becomes financially, and no matter what doors open up for them, they bring all of their past with them, all of the bad habits, all of the drama, etc. they just recreate the world they grew up in, only in a new place because that is what they are comfortable with. DGB reminds me of one of those types.

Sure he has undeniable talent, off the charts talent but I don't like what comes with it. But that is my preference. I don't really like guys on the team that screw up in general because if they have character flags there is a reason for it and it is either mental or emotional and then coaches have to figure out if there is a problem or if they think they can handle it. One coach couldn't and he preferred not to have DGB around the team. Pinkel is a good coach. He succeeds with less and his decision is telling.

So, do the Rams think DGB is ready to grow up and turn it around? I don't know. All I can go by is the bits and pieces I put together from the outside just like the rest of us and my inclination would be not to take the chance. They already have plenty of character flag guys on the team. Too many more and they will upset the balance. I believe you get a better chance of winning with intelligent players that know football, instead of physically gifted players that don't have it all together.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If DGB passes their character test, I think the Rams have to consider him in the 2nd if they don't go WR in the first.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Abso-freaking-lutely.

If DGB is there in the second round, I guarantee Snead doesn't even think twice about it. That would be like a banner pick for this regime, they love those high upside guys with character issues they think they can fix in the right culture.

I agree, I think if he is sitting there absolutely make this pick.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
If we don't take a QB, and sandwiched around a couple of OL...sure why not...appears to be BPA for the second round..esp if we trade back...

Upside..pure upside...guy does move well, he just needs to add strength.
I'm just not really fond of his tape, and, although body size, I can see the Tyron Smith comparison, who I wanted to draft, btw, I don't see it as a player. He seems uninterested at times. This is a weak OT class, but I see some good possibilities for Guard conversions.

Hump is a good athlete, but he plays soft, and needs some serious coaching on his hands, he has the feet, but needs to learn to anchor. Some of those are coachable things, but I saw some things that worried me about him that may not be coachable.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I'm just not really fond of his tape, and, although body size, I can see the Tyron Smith comparison, who I wanted to draft, btw, I don't see it as a player. He seems uninterested at times. This is a weak OT class, but I see some good possibilities for Guard conversions.

Hump is a good athlete, but he plays soft, and needs some serious coaching on his hands, he has the feet, but needs to learn to anchor. Some of those are coachable things, but I saw some things that worried me about him that may not be coachable.
I'm gonna assume you're referring to DJ Humphries from Florida correct? Guy has great feet and is also battle tested, versus the best rusher (OLB/DE) in this draft, guy outta Nebraska. I like him 2nd most after Flowers as a RT only...And most of these guys have a bunch to learn, but he is in no way as raw as G-Rob in my humble opinion. In fact, I'd say he'll be one of the best in this draft at pass pro right out the gate...I see Clemmings in this vein also....but worry about that guy...not sure why....

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm gonna assume you're referring to DJ Humphries from Florida correct? Guy has great feet and is also battle tested, versus the best rusher (OLB/DE) in this draft, guy outta Nebraska. I like him 2nd most after Flowers as a RT only...And most of these guys have a bunch to learn, but he is in no way as raw as G-Rob in my humble opinion. In fact, I'd say he'll be one of the best in this draft at pass pro right out the gate...I see Clemmings in this vein also....but worry about that guy...not sure why....

Humphries isn't playing RT in our scheme. He doesn't have the drive blocking ability. He just doesn't generate movement in the run game.

And the best edge rusher in this draft is Vic Beasley. :p

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Humphries isn't playing RT in our scheme. He doesn't have the drive blocking ability. He just doesn't generate movement in the run game.

And the best edge rusher in this draft is Vic Beasley. :p
I sure like Beasley's game...But for the combo of power & speed, I'll take Randy Gregory....just barely, cause man I like a combine wonder like Beasley...with numbers.....

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Same guy. Not saying he is raw as G. Rob, he's not, but he plays kind of soft, from the tape I watched. He's a OLT though, one of the only one's in this draft. Flowers dominated Gregory in their battle also. I like him a alot, especially considering that he just learning the position, and he can play both sides, and some say guard too. I see him as a starting OLT, or ORT. He's talented.

With Clemmings, I too, have a bad feeling about him, but when you watch his tape, it's pretty good. He didn't test as well, as I thought he would at the combine, but looked great in all the drills. He's a smooth athlete.

I like Gregory's potential, but he needs to eat a cheeseburger or two. I like the tilt he plays with, and though, I don't think he's Aldon Smith, he plays a little like him. He's more like the kid out of Oregon right now. Know what I'm saying.

Last edited:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
He's more like the kid out of Oregon right now. Know what I'm saying.
Kiss of death right there...Much better than the dude at Miami...I liked the dude outta Oregon as a LB....due to his coverage skills...Gregory is some kinda pass rushing, powerfully thin freak...Plays with a different type of umph...
I'd rather have Flowers...I could see why some would take Humphries...Not a power blocker, but looks like he could be powerful...and if we had to settle with him in the late 20's, I could understand....But I like Flowers...20 year old, pencil him in at RT with G-Rob at LT for 15 years...

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Kiss of death right there...Much better than the dude at Miami...I liked the dude outta Oregon as a LB....due to his coverage skills...Gregory is some kinda pass rushing, powerfully thin freak...Plays with a different type of umph...
I'd rather have Flowers...I could see why some would take Humphries...Not a power blocker, but looks like he could be powerful...and if we had to settle with him in the late 20's, I could understand....But I like Flowers...20 year old, pencil him in at RT with G-Rob at LT for 15 years...
I'm with you on Flowers, all the way. Let's get him!