Do Justin Lawler Or McKay Murphy have any chance of making Rams final roster?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
Both these players seem like real long shots to make the team but they both seem to have "Something Special" about them (In addition to both having Famous Fathers!)!

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I think Lawler might have a shot, especially if Longacre isn't fully healed from his back injury.

The Ramowl

Starter
I'd say of course they do. Do Snead and McVay look like the kind of guys who pick late rounds like you pick them at madden ? Everything in this organisations is fine tuned to the micrometer. If they were drafted it means they have a shot at playing for the team, if not, someone else would have been drafted instead of them.
It's in their hands now to perform and prove themselves worth of wearing horns in September, but I absolutely trust that each of them has a shot at this

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Lawler very good on special teams blocked several kicks at SMU and McKay Murphy's pro day was quite impressive....Posting a 4.81 forty-yard time, 40 reps on the bench, 31-inch vertical, 4.55 20-yard shuttle and a 7.2 second 3-cone drill.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Watch "Dumb and Dumber"

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Both these players seem like real long shots to make the team but they both seem to have "Something Special" about them (In addition to both having Famous Fathers!)!
On the surface the response would be no....however.....The Rams DL is star filled & solid behind the star this season but next season in 2019 the DL world is in for a big change. That's where some of these UDFA's & third day draft selections DL'ers will get their opportunity.

#6th rd. Sebastian Joseph 6-4 305 lbs- Only legit NT of this new 2018 rookie cadre so he stands a real good chance to beat out Smart/Fox/Bryant in TC His chance to stick is the best.

#6th rd. Trevon Young 6-4 258lbs- Medical issues might get him to be shelved for a year until 2019. Then be ready to have a chance @ UFA Matt Longacre's roster spot @ ER.

#7th rd. Justin Lawler 6-4 262lbs- looks like a strong side ER/OSLB'er at best.Rams have a good amount of these already.

UDFA's - McKay Murphy 6-3 295lbs & Dalton Keene 6-3 285 lbs all these two need to do is get hooked onto the PS this season & then wait for the five Ram UFA's DL'ers to move on to other teams then be ready move into the big open holes!

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Practice squad is the most likely landing spot. Tegray Scales on the other hand, is an interesting possibility.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
I didn't realize how strong Lawler was.

I could see him doing the job that Connor Barwin was doing.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
I didn't realize how strong Lawler was.

I could see him doing the job that Connor Barwin was doing.
What, being unable to rush the passer or drop back fast enough to cover anyone in passing situations? Please tell me he could do better than that!

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
What, being unable to rush the passer or drop back fast enough to cover anyone in passing situations? Please tell me he could do better than that!

More be the SSLB and hopefully better!

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
It's up to these guys themselves. The opportunity, albeit small, is there.

The Rams trading or let walk 3 starting LBs and a rotational NT BEFORE they drafted or signed anybody should tell you something. They are looking to save $$ where they can to pay those big contracts coming up and gearing up to replace those players that won't be back.

I think 2 prime examples are Easley and Westbrooks. Why would you spend that kind of $$ on depth/rotational players? Their jobs are probably not in jeopardy THIS year, but should one or two of these new guys kick ass in camp, would you really be that surprised if the Rams traded Westbrooks? I'm not advocating or predicting it, just saying. I mean, did anybody see the OTree trade coming?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
It's up to these guys themselves. The opportunity, albeit small, is there.The Rams trading or let walk 3 starting LBs and a rotational NT BEFORE they drafted or signed anybody should tell you something. They are looking to save $$ where they can to pay those big contracts coming up and gearing up to replace those players that won't be back.

I think 2 prime examples are Easley and Westbrooks. Why would you spend that kind of $$ on depth/rotational players? Their jobs are probably not in jeopardy THIS year, but should one or two of these new guys kick ass in camp, would you really be that surprised if the Rams traded Westbrooks? I'm not advocating or predicting it, just saying. I mean, did anybody see the OTree trade coming?

Ethan Westbrooks will be paid $2.23 mil. this season he will be 28 yr old before the season concludes. He will be a UFA in March next year. EW was the starting 5 tech DE when the season began last season but gave way to Brockers who was a perfectly made to play Wade's SS DE. Westbrooks later outplayed Smart & Walker for the starting NT post. Westbrooks best fit in this Wade's Defensive front is @ the 5 tech post.

Rookie DE John Franklin the surprise 4th rd selection had been advised by DL coach Johnson that he was selected to play the 5 tech post behind Brockers in 2018. If Franklin plays well enough he could make EW available for trade & then save the Rams approx 1.75 million. Plus whatever value the Rams could get in draft assets.

Veteran 3 tech DT back up Dom Easley will earn close to $1.85 million this season. Easley will also be a UFA next March.Rams also have 2nd yr Tanzel Smart. We may also see Morgan fox get more action @ the 3 tech post too. Fox along with Tyrunn Walker has big issues stopping the run after Brockers tore up his MCL in Atlanta but as we know it was they were not alone in that whiff. Snead also signed rookies UDFA's McKay Murphy (5 tech) & Dalton Keene (3 tech) to go along with 6th rd NT Sebastian Joseph to go cheaper if there is a need.

Last edited:

Ram65

Legend
#7th rd. Justin Lawler 6-4 262lbs- looks like a strong side ER/OSLB'er at best.Rams have a good amount of these already.

D Farr likes him. Said he has lots of moves IIRC.

UDFA's - McKay Murphy 6-3 295lbs & Dalton Keene 6-3 285 lbs all these two need to do is get hooked onto the PS this season & then wait for the five Ram UFA's DL'ers to move on to other teams then be ready move into the big open holes!

Murphy could develop. Strong and can move for a big man. All have a chance at PS.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
D Farr likes him. Said he has lots of moves IIRC.
Did Farr say what specific post that Lawler would be best for?

I agree that this new rookie cadre of DL'ers have an excellent chance of sticking.....there is a serious need for good solid young LOW COST talent in 2019 & beyond.

Ram65

Legend

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Rethought my opinion....Lawler has NO chance....Murphy has some talent.....

_____________________________\/_______________________\/_____________

so..............................................NONE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SLIM>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>