Do it now or wait and see? (Foles contract)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Unless its just uber team friendly, I don't see how you can give a QB a long term deal without a test drive.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Do it now, if he does well for us we got him for awhile for somewhat cheap; and if he doesn't we are going to need a serviceable backup to either Mannion or a rookie.

Alan

Legend
It's got to be the Rams priority. If he has a great season it's going to be very expensive to extend him and that means we won't be able to sign many of our upcoming FAs.

If we sign him to a more team friendly contract before we get a good look at him in action and he sucks....

Hobson's choice.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
QB s are at a premium. But I have learned not to underestimate Fisher. When it comes to bold moves Chips got nothing on Fisher.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Could be a win win with incentives but lower guarantees.

Alan

Legend
CGI_Ram with words of wisdom:
Could be a win win with incentives but lower guarantees.
Even if the incentives are high it's worth it because that means he really is a franchise QB.

Win/win.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Kinda surprised they haven't already locked him up to a starter contract already. He's going to be more expensive after even a average season.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Buy low sell high, biatch

image.jpg

A55VA6

Legend
May as well do it now. It's not like we're going to let him walk at the end of the season and pick up a QB that's better.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
We've seen enough tape, and now know some of what he brings to the room. If we feel he's a good fit, sign him. He appears to be doing all the right things without a contract.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I must be missing something here.

But is there room under our cap for such a new Foles contract?

Maybe by structuring it a certain way, perhaps?

Wouldn't that alone make this tricky?

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I'd like to at least see him run our offense against a defense (even if its ours) in pads.

Lets not kid ourselves - an extension is going to make him the highest paid Ram (probably ever) - thats just the reality of signing an NFL QB long term.

Seeing him run the O full speed for a series or two isn't too much to ask, is it?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Seems like the Rams are betting on him playing well. If they win the bet, they could win big. But they can also lose big. I think I'd rather wait. Don't want a Sanchez-NYJ situation. It's certainly ballsy, though.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Not before we see him play...work habits are one thing...lets see what he does when the bullets are flying...