Do I start Tavon this week?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

iced

I actually am not sure who to start in my flex lol.

NFL league
RBs - Spiller, MJD
WR's - Aj Green, amendola
TE - cook

Flex - Lammaar miller, Givens, Tavon Austin, Desean Jackson, James jones, or Rudolph

BillsFan

UDFA
X said:
PPR week 1, I'd go with Givens too. The Rams will probably open up with Givens/Pettis, but that could change as early as week 2 or 3. Austin will get his touches, but I think Bradford has a deep connection and chemistry with Givens right now that he wants to utilize to get his season started off on the right foot.

Of course I could be dead wrong, so .... :shifty:

Sorry to hear about your QB situation. I've always been a big Bills fan, as I live in Miami and can't stand the Dolphins, the Patriots or the Jets. I hope you guys can sort it out quickly, because I need you to put all of those teams on their collective asses.

Thanks for your support, but I think the only team the Bills can beat this year in the division is the Jets. I'd wait until 2014, then I think they can make a move. I thought the Dolphins had a chance of winning the division this year, but then Keller got injured, and I saw how good the Patriots looked in pre-season, so I think it will be the Patriots again.

The Rams could be one of the surprise teams this year, I think their offense could be outstanding, but the 49ers and Seahawks will be tough to overcome. The NFC West should be the toughest division this year. I'm going to try to watch Rams games this year. If anything they should be exciting to watch. What are the expectations around here? Are the Rams good enough to make the playoffs? The Bills will probably go 5-11.

I guess I'm veering off topic. Thanks for the fantasy advice. I will probably go with Givens week 1. Maybe eventually I'll start them both. I get the feeling they may be pass happy this year.

BillsFan

UDFA
iced said:

NFL league
RBs - Spiller, MJD
TE - cook

Flex - Lammaar miller, Givens, Tavon Austin, Desean Jackson, James jones, or Rudolph

It looks like you have a great team. For what it's worth, I like Miller a lot (I own him on both my teams) and D. Jackson (own him on one). Jackson seems rejuvenated with a new coach, and is supposed to have looked great in camp. Miller should see a lot of action and is pretty talented. I would start Miller, as I generally like RB's in flex. Good luck!

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Drafted last night. Here's my team. Any comments are appreciated.

Payton Manning
CJ Spiller
Green-Ellis
R Wayne
Chris Givens
Tavon Austin
Jimmy Graham
Legatron
STL Defense
Cutler
Fred Jackson
Heyward-Bey
Jared Cook
Coradelle Patterson

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
rhinobean said:

Payton Manning
CJ Spiller
Green-Ellis
R Wayne
Chris Givens
Tavon Austin
Jimmy Graham
Legatron
STL Defense
Cutler
Fred Jackson
Heyward-Bey
Jared Cook
Coradelle Patterson

I would love your draft if you had more RB help behind Spiller. I don't like any of your other RBs. But the rest of your team is lights out.

bskrilla

Starter
rhinobean said:

Payton Manning
CJ Spiller
Green-Ellis
R Wayne
Chris Givens
Tavon Austin
Jimmy Graham
Legatron
STL Defense
Cutler
Fred Jackson
Heyward-Bey
Jared Cook
Coradelle Patterson

Can't say much without knowing how many teams and the league format.

I will say that I wouldn't take Graham and Cook though. If you have Graham you likely wasted that 8th or 9th round pick on Cook. Unless you got him reeaallllllly late.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
12 teams, drafted 5th. Pretty standard with a flex rb/receiver. Cook was 11th round. Lots of rb's taken first round. Passed on Jackson and Got Manning as 3 qb's taken ahead of me in 2nd. 5 pointd for 50 plus fg's.

bskrilla

Starter
With 12 teams I'd think you could have gotten a better RB2. I'm not a fan of taking Peyton in Rd 2 as I personally wait on QB's until Rd's 5-7 unless someone like Brees or Rodgers falls to me in like 3. For example in a 14 team draft I did last night I got Tony Romo, the #8 QB last year in round 6. The difference between Peyton and Romo last year was 30 points, thats only 2 pts per week and I got to take him 4 rounds later which got me David Wilson in round 2 as my #2 RB behind Ray Rice.

The option you have now though is a possible trade for that RB2 since you have Cook and Graham. If Cook performs how most of us think he will I would consider bundling Graham and going and getting yourself a Steven Jackson/David Wilson type guy.

Memphis Ram

Legend
rhinobean said:

Payton Manning
CJ Spiller
Green-Ellis
R Wayne
Chris Givens
Tavon Austin
Jimmy Graham
Legatron
STL Defense
Cutler
Fred Jackson
Heyward-Bey
Jared Cook
Coradelle Patterson

Just my second year playing fantasy football and while I don't know how your league scores I think you need to pick up another RB and drop a WR.

Memphis Ram

Legend
BTW, I've only participated in one draft (NFL.Com). This was weeks ago, but here's my team:

RG III
Steven Ridley
Doug Martin
Frank Gore
Reggie Bush
Pierre Garcon
Reggie Wayne
Eric Decker
Michael Floyd
Chris Givens
Brian Hartline
Antonio Brown
Jared Cook
Greg Zuerlien
Rams Defense

bskrilla

Starter
Memphis Ram said:
BTW, I've only participated in one draft (NFL.Com). This was weeks ago, but here's my team:

RG III
Steven Ridley
Doug Martin
Frank Gore
Reggie Bush
Pierre Garcon
Reggie Wayne
Eric Decker
Michael Floyd
Chris Givens
Brian Hartline
Antonio Brown
Jared Cook
Greg Zuerlien
Rams Defense

This team has the potential to dominate with your depth at RB. I'm amazed you got the RB depth you did. Had to be a 10 team league at max I feel. Martin was 1st, Bush 2nd, Gore 3rd, Ridley 4th? That seems insane to me as most have all 4 projected as top 20.

I like you WR picks because you have some safe picks with Garcon/Wayne/Decker and then some good upside picks with Floyd/Givens. If RG3 stays healthy I say you should make the payoffs easily.

Memphis Ram

Legend
bskrilla said:
Memphis Ram said:

RG III
Steven Ridley
Doug Martin
Frank Gore
Reggie Bush
Pierre Garcon
Reggie Wayne
Eric Decker
Michael Floyd
Chris Givens
Brian Hartline
Antonio Brown
Jared Cook
Greg Zuerlien
Rams Defense

This team has the potential to dominate with your depth at RB. I'm amazed you got the RB depth you did. Had to be a 10 team league at max I feel. Martin was 1st, Bush 2nd, Gore 3rd, Ridley 4th? That seems insane to me as most have all 4 projected as top 20.

I like you WR picks because you have some safe picks with Garcon/Wayne/Decker and then some good upside picks with Floyd/Givens. If RG3 stays healthy I say you should make the payoffs easily.

I learned my lesson last year. Ten team league and my 1st 4 picks were RBs. 1. Martin, 2. Ridley, 3. Gore, 4. Bush.

Doubtful I could get anything close to this haul in any mock draft today. This was done either before or very early in training camp as I recall. And after a few mock drafts.

iced

BillsFan said:
iced said:

NFL league
RBs - Spiller, MJD
TE - cook

It looks like you have a great team. For what it's worth, I like Miller a lot (I own him on both my teams) and D. Jackson (own him on one). Jackson seems rejuvenated with a new coach, and is supposed to have looked great in camp. Miller should see a lot of action and is pretty talented. I would start Miller, as I generally like RB's in flex. Good luck!

going with Jackson. Desean is playing Washington and apparently Jackosn has had his best camp and is expected to get deep often with lots of play action in kelly's fast paced offense.

iced

Memphis Ram said:
bskrilla said:
Memphis Ram said:

RG III
Steven Ridley
Doug Martin
Frank Gore
Reggie Bush
Pierre Garcon
Reggie Wayne
Eric Decker
Michael Floyd
Chris Givens
Brian Hartline
Antonio Brown
Jared Cook
Greg Zuerlien
Rams Defense

I learned my lesson last year. Ten team league and my 1st 4 picks were RBs. 1. Martin, 2. Ridley, 3. Gore, 4. Bush.

Doubtful I could get anything close to this haul in any mock draft today. This was done either before or very early in training camp as I recall. And after a few mock drafts.

I disagree, I think you could. I drafted 10th out of 10 in my yahoo league, and my first 4 picks were. 1)Lesean Mccoy, 2)Spiller, 3)Bush, 4)Bree's.

SubZero405

UDFA
I'm in a 10 team, 5 year keeper, auction league. Here is my team this year:

QB - Sam Bradford/Tony Romo
RB - Alfred Morris, Doug Martin, Steven Ridley, Ryan Matthews, Shane Vereen
WR - Dwayne Bowe, Chris Givens, Pierre Garcon, Danny Amendola, Tavon Austin, Greg Jennings
TE - Kyle Rudolph, Jermichael Finely, Vernon Davis
K - Matt Prater
D/ST - Rams

I didn't draft a qb this year because I had Romo and got bradford in an offseason trade(Crabtree for Sam and Ridley. Completely owned the 49er fan on this one) Hopefully it wont come back and bite me.

My keepers were Romo, Bradford, Morris, Martin, Ridley, Givens, Garcon, and Amendola.

I have no idea who im going to start at WR or TE.

Memphis Ram

Legend
iced said:
Memphis Ram said:
bskrilla said:
Memphis Ram said:

RG III
Steven Ridley
Doug Martin
Frank Gore
Reggie Bush
Pierre Garcon
Reggie Wayne
Eric Decker
Michael Floyd
Chris Givens
Brian Hartline
Antonio Brown
Jared Cook
Greg Zuerlien
Rams Defense

I disagree, I think you could. I drafted 10th out of 10 in my yahoo league, and my first 4 picks were. 1)Lesean Mccoy, 2)Spiller, 3)Bush, 4)Bree's.

But Brees ins't a RB.

iced

Memphis Ram said:
But Brees ins't a RB.

True.

But mccoy and spiller are also supposed to be gone in the top 5. My point was I got Bush in the 3rd. Actually, right after I got brees in the 4th, gore went

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Looking to get Mikel Leshour as he's the highest rated rb available. Will look into trading Graham for rb of quality. Got worried when 3 of my qb's went in 1st./ 2nd. before my 2nd.

iced

rhinobean said:
Looking to get Mikel Leshour as he's the highest rated rb available. Will look into trading Graham for rb of quality. Got worried when 3 of my qb's went in 1st./ 2nd. before my 2nd.

get better than quality - he had better be a stud. Graham is one of the best if not the best at TE, which is not nearly as plentiful as RB's.

iced

SubZero405 said:
I'm in a 10 team, 5 year keeper, auction league. Here is my team this year:

QB - Sam Bradford/Tony Romo
RB - Alfred Morris, Doug Martin, Steven Ridley, Ryan Matthews, Shane Vereen
WR - Dwayne Bowe, Chris Givens, Pierre Garcon, Danny Amendola, Tavon Austin, Greg Jennings
TE - Kyle Rudolph, Jermichael Finely, Vernon Davis
K - Matt Prater
D/ST - Rams

I didn't draft a qb this year because I had Romo and got bradford in an offseason trade(Crabtree for Sam and Ridley. Completely owned the 49er fan on this one) Hopefully it wont come back and bite me.

My keepers were Romo, Bradford, Morris, Martin, Ridley, Givens, Garcon, and Amendola.

I have no idea who im going to start at WR or TE.

Garcon and Amendola would be my starters, depending on match ups i'd switch out with Bowe and/or Givens. TE is Finley, hands down.

But week 1 I'd start Danny (vs buffalo) and Garcon (vs eagles)