Do Bortles,manziel And Bridgewater = Luck And Griffen?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What do you think about his sleight size? I couldn't really find a comp among today's NFL QB's. The closest one was Josh Johnson(if you can actually call him an NFL QB). He's 6'3 and pretty much a bean-pole but he's still got about 8 pounds on Bridgewater. I guess we'll have to see if he adds any bulk but 6'3", 198 pounds are the numbers I saw and that's very lean. Heck, Brees is tiny and 3" shorter and still has 10 pounds on TB. Vick too.

Maybe his size is dampening the excitement?

Bridgewater's size won't be an issue. He'll get up to 215 at minimum for the NFL.(he's already at 205)

QBs with comparable weight?
Eli Manning - 218
Steve Young - 215
Joe Montana - 200
Jeff Garcia - 195
Trent Green - 217
Rich Gannon - 210
Marc Bulger - 215
Brian Griese - 215
Alex Smith - 217
John Elway - 215

He'll be ok.

So you think the three together is as much starpower as Luck Griffen by April

No. Probably not. I don't think there's as strong of a #2 prospect.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Bridgewater's size won't be an issue. He'll get up to 215 at minimum for the NFL.(he's already at 205)

Eli Manning - 218
Steve Young - 215
Joe Montana - 200
Jeff Garcia - 195
Trent Green - 217
Rich Gannon - 210
Marc Bulger - 215
Brian Griese - 215
Alex Smith - 217
John Elway - 215

He'll be ok.

No. Probably not. I don't think there's as strong of a #2 prospect.
But I'm asking do three of them ?
Actually at this moment IF your evaluation of Bridgewater is to be taken IMO Manziel ALONE equals RG add in Bortles I think the overall star power at the top of this draft is greater and aught to land us a good deal.
For me the draft has elements common to the real estate market which many say is dependent upon a phenomenon called the "greater fool theory" ,it's difficult to envision we'll find a greater fool than Dan Snyder,but we CAN hope.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But I'm asking do three of them ?
Actually at this moment IF your evaluation of Bridgewater is to be taken IMO Manziel ALONE equals RG add in Bortles I think the overall star power at the top of this draft is greater and aught to land us a good deal.
For me the draft has elements common to the real estate market which many say is dependent upon a phenomenon called the "greater fool theory" ,it's difficult to envision we'll find a greater fool than Dan Snyder,but we CAN hope.

I don't see Manziel as the prospect that Griffin was. But there certainly could be a team desperate enough to trade up for a QB or Clowney and willing to give up decent compensation. I don't see a RGIII type deal happening though.

moklerman

Warner-phile

Eli Manning - 218
Steve Young - 215
Joe Montana - 200
Jeff Garcia - 195
Trent Green - 217
Rich Gannon - 210
Marc Bulger - 215
Brian Griese - 215
Alex Smith - 217
John Elway - 215

He'll be ok.
I'm just going by what I saw his listed weight as. If he's at 205 that's a lot better but if he has to add 20 pounds to get to that 215+ range...not so sure about that. If he's used to playing at such a lighter weight, seems like it would affect his game.