Do Bortles,manziel And Bridgewater = Luck And Griffen?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
When it comes to pressure at the top of the draft to make our Washington pick pretty valuable?

IMO by April they do

tonyl711

Starter
I think Johnny football will be the one teams go after, with all the hype he will get, if he has a good pro day and combine, there might be a bidding war for him.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Bortles has the most potential. He is a big QB but still remains very mobile when the defense does not respect his running game. He has a strong arm and proves to make very wise decisions in key moments. Bridgewater is a talent and he is tough but he does not have the throwing power or the size that Bortles brings to the table. As for Manziel, he is of course very mobile and accurate with the ball but he is so undersized that you would need to restructure the offense to roll-out passing. Could the small, shifty guy stay healthy? Bortles holds the most value here, personally I believe he is #1 pick type of talent.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
But AGAIN do they generate the draft buzz to get us a really good trade,I think it has potential to be as great

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
I don't think we'll ever get an RG3 type of trade again. I think it could be good... maybe 2 1st rounders, but not 3.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
I think if they have good combines I could actually see multiple trade downs..... (ie a chance for Clev to move up past Jax and then a chance for Minny to vault in front of Oakland....and little old us....reaping the rewards........... and even the most staunchest Bradford hater would have to say...."Thanks Sam" for the ability to do that....)

moklerman

Warner-phile
As much as I'm nervous the Rams won't be able to get another windfall, this is actually setting up to be a pretty good scenario for them. Houston, Cleveland, Jacksonville, Oakland & Minnesota are all in need of QB's and there are only 2-3 of them to go around. I see Minnesota as the darkhorse trading partner. They don't want to get stuck with Ponder 2.0 so I think they might be motivated to put something together to move up in front of everyone else.

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
As much as I'm nervous the Rams won't be able to get another windfall, this is actually setting up to be a pretty good scenario for them. Houston, Cleveland, Jacksonville, Oakland & Minnesota are all in need of QB's and there are only 2-3 of them to go around. I see Minnesota as the darkhorse trading partner. They don't want to get stuck with Ponder 2.0 so I think they might be motivated to put something together to move up in front of everyone else.

I would hope Minn has learned that you do not have to overdraft a QB (Ponder). They could be a darkhorse

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I think what will ultimately determine that is the number of QB needy teams. There are 3 very attractive QBs available... but there are far more QB needy teams.

That will be what drives up the price for our #2 pick. What it will take to get our pick could turn out to be just as good as what we got from the rg-me haul very easily when you consider the panic that will set in the closer we get to the draft.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
I think what will ultimately determine that is the number of QB needy teams. There are 3 very attractive QBs available... but there are far more QB needy teams.

That will be what drives up the price for our #2 pick. What it will take to get our pick could turn out to be just as good as what we got from the rg-me haul very easily when you consider the panic that will set in the closer we get to the draft.
I want to trade for a #1 next year in the package that COULD end up AS HIGH

DeweyCheatem-n-Howe

I doubt it. Manziel is exciting, but Griffin was better. Bortles is an interesting prospect, but very raw... I think teams may be concerned about handing over the keys to their offense without giving him a year or 2 to learn at the NFL level. Bridgewater to me is a high-floor low-ceiling guy who will give you a solid QB, but probably cap out at about Andy Dalton level.

It's a very deep year for QBs, but not very top-heavy.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Bortles has the most potential. He is a big QB but still remains very mobile when the defense does not respect his running game. He has a strong arm and proves to make very wise decisions in key moments. Bridgewater is a talent and he is tough but he does not have the throwing power or the size that Bortles brings to the table. As for Manziel, he is of course very mobile and accurate with the ball but he is so undersized that you would need to restructure the offense to roll-out passing. Could the small, shifty guy stay healthy? Bortles holds the most value here, personally I believe he is #1 pick type of talent.

Manziel will show up and the combine with some extra muscle for sure.

You avatar made me think of this clip from years ago.......

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
I take it that no one thinks we'll be drafting Johnny Football... That said, I think that pick will be worth HUGE value b/c I think Manziel and Bridgewater are franchise type guys ala Luck and Wilson.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I doubt it. Manziel is exciting, but Griffin was better. Bortles is an interesting prospect, but very raw... I think teams may be concerned about handing over the keys to their offense without giving him a year or 2 to learn at the NFL level. Bridgewater to me is a high-floor low-ceiling guy who will give you a solid QB, but probably cap out at about Andy Dalton level.

It's a very deep year for QBs, but not very top-heavy.

Cap out at about Andy Dalton level? Andy Dalton wishes he had Bridgewater's talent. Teddy Bridgewater is a future franchise QB and elite QB material. I don't know why he doesn't get the credit he deserves. The guy does everything Andrew Luck did in college that people fawned over Luck for in terms of running a pro style offense from the LOS. The guy has a strong arm, good mobility, adequate height, polished mechanics and precise ball placement.

What more do people want? It's surprising to me that he gets so little hype. Everything is there. He has it all physically, he has it all mentally and he has it all technically. The only flaws I see in his game are an inconsistent deep ball and a thin build. That's it. The guy is a surgeon out there. He dissects the defense. Rotoworld actually put out a great article, here it is:
http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/45952/349/2014s-quarterback-conundrum

Look at how ridiculous his completion% is against the blitz and under pressure. What isn't included in there is that Bridgewater has a completion% over 82% while throwing on the run. I have scouted him. I even charted some of his game, he's a complete QB prospect and an elite one. The guy has even dealt with pressure. He was sacked or pressured on 40.1% of his dropbacks in college.

Everything is there. This kid isn't Andy Dalton. He's the next great QB. IMO, he has a better skill-set than Luck did coming out.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Cap out at about Andy Dalton level? Andy Dalton wishes he had Bridgewater's talent. Teddy Bridgewater is a future franchise QB and elite QB material. I don't know why he doesn't get the credit he deserves. The guy does everything Andrew Luck did in college that people fawned over Luck for in terms of running a pro style offense from the LOS. The guy has a strong arm, good mobility, adequate height, polished mechanics and precise ball placement.

What more do people want? It's surprising to me that he gets so little hype. Everything is there. He has it all physically, he has it all mentally and he has it all technically. The only flaws I see in his game are an inconsistent deep ball and a thin build. That's it. The guy is a surgeon out there. He dissects the defense. Rotoworld actually put out a great article, here it is:

Look at how ridiculous his completion% is against the blitz and under pressure. What isn't included in there is that Bridgewater has a completion% over 82% while throwing on the run. I have scouted him. I even charted some of his game, he's a complete QB prospect and an elite one. The guy has even dealt with pressure. He was sacked or pressured on 40.1% of his dropbacks in college.

Everything is there. This kid isn't Andy Dalton. He's the next great QB. IMO, he has a better skill-set than Luck did coming out.
So you think the three together is as much starpower as Luck Griffen by April

moklerman

Warner-phile

What do you think about his sleight size? I couldn't really find a comp among today's NFL QB's. The closest one was Josh Johnson(if you can actually call him an NFL QB). He's 6'3 and pretty much a bean-pole but he's still got about 8 pounds on Bridgewater. I guess we'll have to see if he adds any bulk but 6'3", 198 pounds are the numbers I saw and that's very lean. Heck, Brees is tiny and 3" shorter and still has 10 pounds on TB. Vick too.

Maybe his size is dampening the excitement?

Flipper_336

Starter
Name
Carl
Bridgewater should gain some mass once he joins a professional strength and conditioning programme.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Bridgewater should gain some mass once he joins a professional strength and conditioning programme.
True, but I think that's factored in to some degree. His starting point is pretty lean though. According to the numbers, Bortles may not be quite as polished as TB, but he's awfully close and has the natural size and athleticism to go along with it. Whatever edge TB has with the numbers may be countered by physical size. Being under 200 pounds as an NFL starter is pretty rare.