DMarco Farr's Motivational(?) Message for the Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
WTF is this? Sounds like a drunken message...

You can’t quit now. None of you.

This will always be the fundamental disconnect between the media/fans and the paid performers on the big stage. The consumer can choose when to check out and check back in. The player, good or bad, must ride the lightning all the way to the ground.

The plane is going down, so to hell with the pilot, right? I’m parachuting at 30,000 feet and moving on to the local division champs. Smooth ride to paradise and I’m all in with you. The same evacuees deride and ridicule for perceived sameness from athletes.

Smh…

Every big paycheck comes with a price. The price is conditional love from your benefactor. It’s the classic struggle of win vs. when. Win and I love you. Lose and it’s when are we getting rid of this bum?

You get what you play for, Sammy Boy.

Maybe the St. Louis Rams should play without logos until they earn them back. Obviously, you don’t deserve them right now.

I bet you think this is about you.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.101sports.com/2013/09/29/motivational-message-rams/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.101sports.com/2013/09/29/mot ... sage-rams/</a>

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
This is a shallow mother fucker...trying to get real deep! Lmfao

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Looks like D'marco fell into the front office's preseason hype with the rest of us.

For real though, he's tired of the shit, just as we are. I'm glad he put his true feelings out there, even if it is a mangled attempt to be deep.

Rough translation:

"You can't quit

The fans can quit, the media can quit, you can't quit

Some random crap about a plane

Shake my head

You earn a good wage, but to do so you have to put up with fickle fans

You are what you eat

Your letting the team down

you're all so vain"

So in essence, the fans are fickle, but you suck, which seems contradictory.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I used to write shit like that when I was high.
Made sense at the time though... :?!:

TexRamFan

Rookie
This is a little strange the way he went about saying it, but I think I kind of understand what he is saying or trying to get across.

I do not have the exact audio or quote from D'Marco, but I was listening to him live on 101sports.com the week after the 49er's gave us that beatdown. He mentioned how he visited the 49er's locker room after the game and was talking to a few players he knew. He mentioned how there were no recorders so the conversations were more "player to player" opposed to "media to player". He mentioned how these conversations are always more telling and less candid.

He went on to say something along the lines of how a few players were stating how they couldn't believe (the Rams) gave certain players such big contracts. Almost as if certain players were playing for money, not for the game/team.

My initial reaction was he was referring to Cook (again, this is just my speculation and he NEVER mentioned names). But after watching the way Cook attempted to block on a couple of those run plays he was the first player that popped into my head.

Again, this is not an exact quote but what I understood from his show. He was also very ticked off at the time because it was right after the horrible loss and two straight games of no competition.

I hope there is not problems going on in this locker room. Especially with guys who have big contracts not leading all of the youngsters. One of the main things with young teams is that they HAVE to have some kind of positive veteren leadership present for them to become successful. And if we do not have that presence in the clubhouse we might be in for a looooong season.

D'Marco seems to have a lot of love and respect for the game. I wish he could pass along some of his passion and competitive spirit on to some current players if what he was saying was accurate.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
That is interesting - thinking Cook, Long, Long, Wells, Dahl, Finnegan? Anyone else? I hope they've got a bit more class than just to be here for the paycheck. If that's the case, we need to learn from this and go for young hungry free agents in the Ray Ray Armstrong mode ahead of over the hill free-agents looking for a final payday before they retire. Im looking at you Jacob Bell...

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
This team totally embarrassed themselves, the franchise, all the former players great and not so great who had fought so hard against the Niners when they were in their prime, by putting forth a pathetically uninspired performance. And they added to the embarrassment by having the Niners celebrate in their house with all the older Rams greats there. They should have been ready to beat the 1984 Niners.

So D'Marco is rightfully pissed.

If this team wasn't motivated on Thursday night, they will never be motivated.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
X said:
I used to write shyte like that when I was high.
Made sense at the time though... :?!:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thifYDl07IE[/youtube]

TexRamFan

Rookie
It is one of the few explinations (besides new coordinators) that I can find in the reason behind such a lack of execution, competition, and what appears to be lack of desire.

I don't know. Maybe some of these new guys are real locker room morale killers. Who know's, maybe they are in it for the paychecks.

I mean they signed a few new big name guys this year (Long & Cook), but besides that everyone else was here last year when it appeared they competed until the final whistle.

The one thing that makes me REALLY wonder is both Miami and Tennessee are off to great starts (their best in years) without their "big time guys" that the Rams signed.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
Someone on this Rams team needs to step up and lead.

Someone needs to get mad as hell.

Someone needs to make speeches like Fisher did in the 99 SB.

There is no leadership on this team what soooo ever!

Motivation is what this team needs!

iced

RaminExile said:
That is interesting - thinking Cook, Long, Long, Wells, Dahl, Finnegan? Anyone else? I hope they've got a bit more class than just to be here for the paycheck. If that's the case, we need to learn from this and go for young hungry free agents in the Ray Ray Armstrong mode ahead of over the hill free-agents looking for a final payday before they retire. Im looking at you Jacob Bell...

I don't think it's the issue with chris long - i don't think he's 100%, and I know he really cares about beating the niners. I don't think its anyone on the defense, we all saw chris and james getting them fired up.

IMO, he's talking about the o-line (and I don't think it's Jake, he's kind of hurt too)

iced

EastRam said:
Someone on this Rams team needs to step up and lead.

Someone needs to get mad as hell.

Someone needs to make speeches like Fisher did in the 99 SB.

There is no leadership on this team what soooo ever!

Motivation is what this team needs!

The fiery leadership is there on D - No question about that, Long was pumping the team up and James was walking up and down the side lines while on the bench..getting the troops going

EastRam

Pro Bowler
iced said:
RaminExile said:

I don't think it's the issue with chris long - i don't think he's 100%, and I know he really cares about beating the niners. I don't think its anyone on the defense, we all saw chris and james getting them fired up.

IMO, he's talking about the o-line (and I don't think it's Jake, he's kind of hurt too)

We do have young leaders on this team. Such as McDonald and Tree. No doubt they will step up next year.

iced

EastRam said:
iced said:
RaminExile said:

We do have young leaders on this team. Such as McDonald and Tree. No doubt they will step up next year.

Not for awhile..imo, it's James and Chris.. Lol I figured that out this past weekend its theirs by far

EastRam

Pro Bowler
iced said:
EastRam said:
iced said:
RaminExile said:

Not for awhile..imo, it's James and Chris.. Lol I figured that out this past weekend its theirs by far

They need to go over to the O and lite a fire under their asses

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
EastRam said:

You will not see vocal leadership on the offensive side of the ball similar to what you see some of the defensive players displaying before the games. The vocal leader on offense last year was SJAX. Sam does not have the demeanor to be vocal like CL & JL. That's not a dig on Sam, it's just who he is. Some guys lead by being both vocal and their performance, while others lead strictly by performance. Unfortunately, no one is really leading by performance, and all the yelling and screaming is just wearing them out before the game. I do agree with D'Marco in that they should strip their helmets of the RAMS Horns, and I would add, make them wear their practice uniforms until they prove they are worthy of wearing the RAMS uniform/insignia.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
MTRamsFan said:
EastRam said:

You will not see vocal leadership on the offensive side of the ball similar to what you see some of the defensive players displaying before the games. The vocal leader on offense last year was SJAX. Sam does not have the demeanor to be vocal like CL & JL. That's not a dig on Sam, it's just who he is. Some guys lead by being both vocal and their performance, while others lead strictly by performance. Unfortunately, no one is really leading by performance, and all the yelling and screaming is just wearing them out before the game. I do agree with D'Marco in that they should strip their helmets of the RAMS Horns, and I would add, make them wear their practice uniforms until they prove they are worthy of wearing the RAMS uniform/insignia.

Sure you do.

Brady and Manning will get in a O players arse just as quick as a D player