Dline absolutely dominated

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

duckhunter

Starter
The tone was set early in yesterday's game with Langford and Brockers slicing and dicing the Colt's Oline. This is the dominating DTs that I thought we had. IMO, I think victory is predicative on the big dogs establishing who owns the pound from the start. Double team, no problem they split it. Next play, double team, knock the guard back into the runner. It was beautiful. Gimme some bloody meat and a bone to gnaw on.

Colt's couldn't run for shyte and Luck likes to hang on to the ball while he scans the field. Results, he eats dirt early and often. The rest of the D starts making big contributions and the offense doesn't want to be left out of the fun.

If the big dogs continue to play at this level we can beat anyone on any given day. Now that is what I love to see.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
The tone was set early in yesterday's game with Langford and Brockers slicing and dicing the Colt's Oline. This is the dominating DTs that I thought we had. IMO, I think victory is predicative on the big dogs establishing who owns the pound from the start. Double team, no problem they split it. Next play, double team, knock the guard back into the runner. It was beautiful. Gimme some bloody meat and a bone to gnaw on.

Colt's couldn't run for shyte and Luck likes to hang on to the ball while he scans the field. Results, he eats dirt early and often. The rest of the D starts making big contributions and the offense doesn't want to be left out of the fun.

If the big dogs continue to play at this level we can beat anyone on any given day. Now that is what I love to see.

Luck was looked very uncomfortable out there. Has the light come on for this team? Good time for a bye week. Get some rest, study, up on the Bears, and do the same thing next game!! We play like that CONSISTENTLY we will be in contention for a WC spot.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
This was the defense we've been looking for!

Hell; they don't even need to be THIS dominating. Just stop the sucking! We're too good on defense to get bullied around.

And to the dline; that was a special day.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
This was the defense we've been looking for!

Hell; they don't even need to be THIS dominating. Just stop the sucking! We're too good on defense to get bullied around.

And to the dline; that was a special day.
That's the thing, can we consistently produce at this high level? If so, then I don't see any reason why we shouldn't be in the hunt.
The issue imo is that Indy ran straight ahead with little cutbacks built into their game plan. We've played well against teams that run like that, it's the stretch runs and cutbacks that kill us.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The issue imo is that Indy ran straight ahead with little cutbacks built into their game plan. We've played well against teams that run like that, it's the stretch runs and cutbacks that kill us.

Good point!

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
Easy to stop 1 dimensional (non peyton manning) teams.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Yes you guys are all 100% correct...best overall performance by this DL this season. This is what we as Ram fans believed would be a weekly event instead of a once a season event. Yes the type of offense that the Colts uses plays right into our strengths. What we also saw for the first time was the regular use of the four DE's playing together where Hayes & Sims play the DT's & Quinn & Long on the outside. Fisher was able to use this for the first time as we know because we had a sizable lead. But we were able to see what Fisher visioned with this DL when he offered those contracts to Sims & Hayes earlier.

I would also say that Kendall Langford played the best game of his Ram life yesterday...Kendall constant pressure inside made Quinn & Long's ability to get un-chipped & singled up. Kudos for KENDALL LANGFORD :bigup:

We also saw our biggest dose of the 6-7 290 plus pounds of Matthew Conrath back from several weeks under wraps for his brain cloud. Conrath was in on several pressures & hurries. This was only his 6th NFL game. The 2012 free agent find by Fisher find Matt Conrath has been a little injury prone in his early career but hopefully he will get stronger & tougher as this 24 yr old matures. The still slender Conrath put on over 25 pounds since his arrival.

The DL was so dominate that even the Lb'ing issues & having the walking running DISASTER Cortland Finnegan on the field so much was not costly. The LB'ers were hurt often by the short zone passes in their areas. Tree missed so many tacks & it was obvious that JL was very slow due to nagging injuries. Fisher needs to keep CORTLAND FINNEGAN off the field @ what ever the costs!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
It all starts up front.
(I really didn't need to say that).

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'm just getting warmed up!

WGBBia3.jpg

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Imagine how good it would be with JJ and Finny not giving up big passes. If we can grab a new cb, cut finny and Tru keps progressing, we might have a great cb unit then. That will also help us dominate the line even more!!!!