DJs latest mock

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/mock-drafts/daniel-jeremiah/230600

ROUND 1
Select Analyst Daniel Jeremiah Charles Davis Lance Zierlein Bucky Brooks
2012_Jeremiah-65x90.jpg
NFL.COM | Feb 18th
DANIEL JEREMIAH

1. 1. Jameis Winston QB Florida St.

2. 2. Dante Fowler, Jr. OLB Florida

3. 3. Leonard Williams DE USC

4. 4. Amari Cooper WR Alabama

5. 5. Randy Gregory OLB Nebraska

6. 6. Marcus Mariota QB Oregon

7. 7. Danny Shelton NT Washington

8. 8. Shane Ray DE Missouri

9. 9. Arik Armstead DT Oregon

10. 10. Kevin White WR West Virginia

11. 11. DeVante Parker WR Louisville

12. 12. Malcom Brown DT Texas

13. 13. Trae Waynes CB Michigan St.

14. 14. Brandon Scherff OG Iowa

15. 15. Jalen Collins CB LSU

16. 16. T.J. Clemmings OT Pittsburgh

17. 17. D.J. Humphries OT Florida

18. 18. Landon Collins SS Alabama

19. 19. Devin Funchess TE Michigan

20. 20. Marcus Peters CB Washington

21. 21. Bud Dupree OLB Kentucky

22. 22. P.J. Williams CB Florida St.

23. 23. Todd Gurley RB Georgia

24. 24. Eli Harold OLB Virginia

25. 25. Andrus Peat OT Stanford

26. 26. Breshad Perriman WR Central Florida

27. 27. Ereck Flowers OT Miami

28. 28. Eddie Goldman DT Florida St.

29. 29. Melvin Gordon RB Wisconsin

30. 30. Jordan Phillips NT Oklahoma

31. 31. La'el Collins OT LSU

32. 32. Cameron Erving C Florida St.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
This is CRAZY! No O-Linemen taken until pick #14!? BS! and an OLB Taken at #2, DOUBLE BS!!

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I find it hard to believe myself that we have our pick of OL and we walk away with a WR - even if it is Kevin White - who is plenty deserving of a top 10 pick.

But DJ does have a pretty decent track record with mocks - especially early in the draft season.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
maybe its because the linemen aren't all that good this year

V3

Hall of Fame
maybe its because the linemen aren't all that good this year
That's the exact opposite of what I've been hearing about this draft. I've heard it's a pretty weak draft but the OL position is still pretty strong. Not saying you're wrong since no one knows for a few years but I'm just surprised since that's the first time I've heard someone say that.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
I don't think this crop of olinemen are as good as last year's, at least at the top of the draft.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
That's the exact opposite of what I've been hearing about this draft. I've heard it's a pretty weak draft but the OL position is still pretty strong. Not saying you're wrong since no one knows for a few years but I'm just surprised since that's the first time I've heard someone say that.

I think the oline is deep but not great. I think you can get some good value in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. I also think the center position is pretty good. There is some talent that could start day 1 that can be had from the 3rd to 5th rounds, like Andy Gallik, Boston College, BJ Finney, Kansas State, Jake Smith, Louisville and a guy who is quickly becoming one of my favorites Shaquille Mason, Georgia Tech who is a devastating run blocker. Needs some work in pass pro but has improved and could be had in the 5th round. Mason did play some G at GTECH also.

Athos

Legend
I don't think this crop of olinemen are as good as last year's, at least at the top of the draft.

I'd disagree. I'd say it's about the same at the top, and deeper in general.

Robinson was average at best at LT.
Matthews, if I remember correctly, was pretty mediocre most of the time he did play. And I never saw him as a LT. He's a RT.
Lewan at 11, I think, graded out the best for OTs.

Martin probably had the best year of any lineman last year and Scheriff, at OG, is the same kind of player.

I think the OG class this year is far deeper.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
I don't know if any of these guys at the top will be left tackles, they all seem to grade out as right tackles or guards. This class is probably deeper but I don't really think its as good at the top.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Maybe it's just these Oline guys aren't rated high enough to take that high. I don't see a GRob in this class or a Kalil. It seems like a bunch of tackles that will project as guards.
There's a lot of depth at Oline in this class, but seems to be missing the star power.

It's kinda like picking a DJ Fluker over a Beckham.

V3

Hall of Fame
I think the oline is deep but not great. I think you can get some good value in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. I also think the center position is pretty good. There is some talent that could start day 1 that can be had from the 3rd to 5th rounds, like Andy Gallik, Boston College, BJ Finney, Kansas State, Jake Smith, Louisville and a guy who is quickly becoming one of my favorites Shaquille Mason, Georgia Tech who is a devastating run blocker. Needs some work in pass pro but has improved and could be had in the 5th round. Mason did play some G at GTECH also.
You could be right. It's hard to determine what all the talking heads mean when they say the O-line class is strong. They always try and hype each draft so it's hard to gauge just how elite it is relative to others. Regardless, the O-line depth should be at least decent enough to find a couple players for the Rams.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
In 2013 teams thought that OL'ers were very important. Five OL'ers went in the top 10, fact was 3 OT's went in the top 3.

In 2014 three OL'ers went in the top 11.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
If we get Kevin White AND La'el Collins is still there at 30, I think the Rams will trade up and get him...

They're not gonna get "Martinized" again...