Discussions under way between Kenny Britt and Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Best News I've read this Morning!!!! Rams, Please don't haggle!! Get it done!!!

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Am I the only one that noticed that the word "agents" was used to negotiate Britt's contract on his behalf.

As in plural? Just how many agent(s) are necessary to get Britt's contract done, anyway?

I would have thought one would have been ample for such an amicable negotiation.

It's not like they're negotiating for Middle East peace talks, is it? Lol.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Am I the only one that noticed that the word "agents" was used to negotiate Britt's contract on his behalf.

As in plural? Just how many agent(s) are necessary to get Britt's contract done, anyway?

I would have thought one would have been ample for such an amicable negotiation.

It's not like they're negotiating for Middle East peace talks, is it? Lol.

hahahaha come on man, he has a few uncles

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Britt is our #1 FA priority. I have no doubt.

My 2 cents on Mr Lance Kendricks:
If i'm the GM of a bad team with a young QB(or a bad QB) and a ton of cap room ...I look at Kendricks as a guy i can bring in, make him the #1 TE who can do everything and bridge a gap until i can completely overhaul my receivers.
Oakland, Jacksonville, NY Jets, Minnesota.

I think the Rams would like to retain Lance, but they really like Harkey and he's developed nicely. They seem to like Justice Cunningham too. It depends on the new OC hire i suppose, but IMO they'd like to get Harkey more involved...and the out of our price range loss of Lance Kendricks would allow that to happen.

LK has 9 TD receptions the last two seasons as a #2TE option with mostly a backup QB behind center. Not bad. He's 26 yrs old. I'd look at that as a FA opportunity if i was a GM on the outside looking in.

I think he gets snatched up in FA.

Last edited:

A55VA6

Legend

If i'm the GM of a bad team with a young QB(or a bad QB) and a ton of cap room ...I look at Kendricks as a guy i can bring in, make him the #1 TE who can do everything and bridge a gap until i can completely overhaul my receivers.

I think the Rams would like to retain Lance, but they really like Harkey and he's developed nicely. They seem to like Justice Cunningham too. It depends on the new OC hire i suppose, but IMO they'd like to get Harkey more involved...and the out of our price range loss of Lance Kendricks would allow that to happen.

LK has 9 TD receptions the last two seasons as a #2TE option with mostly a backup QB behind center. Not bad. He's 26 yrs old. I'd look at that as a FA opportunity if i was a GM on the outside looking in.

I agree with all of the above.

While I think Lance is a great asset, I'd rather keep a guy like Harkey. Brings that tough edge we need on offense. I know a lot of teams will be interested in Kendricks, so I too think he's a goner.

Am I the only one who would rather let him walk and have the money to re-sign Quick (assuming he comes back from injury OK) and Bailey in a few years (1 for Quick, 2 for Bailey)?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Am I the only one who would rather let him walk and have the money to re-sign Quick (assuming he comes back from injury OK) and Bailey in a few years (1 for Quick, 2 for Bailey)?

Yes.

Not only did he play well but he brought swagger and leadership that our WR corp desperately needed. Those guys looked like such a tight, cohesive, and confident unit this year. You're not just losing a guy who played like a legitimate #2 WR, you're losing a leader. I think that would be a big mistake. And this is coming from someone who didn't want Britt in the first place.

We'll have plenty of money to re-sign those two.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We won't.

We've got very little money on the books right now for 2016 and 2017. I'm sure Demoff will be assigning money in those years with who we have to re-sign in mind.

We'll be able to re-sign them if we want to.

How much do you see Britt getting anyways? I don't see how $5 million a year for Britt is going to stop us from re-signing either player.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
He wants to be here which always makes things a little easier.

I hope we get it done quickly.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I don't want to rain on anyone's parade here, but I do have somewhat of a problem locking him up long term. I realize that he wasn't bad off the field/locker room guy this season, but he has a LONG history of being a headache. I would make it an incentive laden contract and not for more than 3 years

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
I don't want to rain on anyone's parade here, but I do have somewhat of a problem locking him up long term. I realize that he wasn't bad off the field/locker room guy this season, but he has a LONG history of being a headache. I would make it an incentive laden contract and not for more than 3 years
So you'd let him walk then, cuz no way he takes that deal nor should he. His history didn't impact his on or off field behavior at all this year, so that holds no water IMO. He was a team leader, mentor and from all accounts a glue that bound the offensive side of the ball together. You don't let a guy like that walk

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
So you'd let him walk then, cuz no way he takes that deal nor should he. His history didn't impact his on or off field behavior at all this year, so that holds no water IMO. He was a team leader, mentor and from all accounts a glue that bound the offensive side of the ball together. You don't let a guy like that walk
I actually would rather him walk then possibly get stuck in a bad contract with a player who is causing problems. The team is the youngest in the NFL, they have a lot of impressionable players and I wouldn't want them getting the wrong idea about how to go about being a professional.

This isn't Isaac Bruce or Tory Holt we're talking about here. Besides, if Brian Quick doesn't get hurt early in the year, I think he would have put up significantly better numbers

Ramathon

There's a diff between letting him walk and negotiating a contract that in some way, shape, or form incentivizes him to stay on the straight and narrow.

What you say about his behavior and/or leadership this past year seems to be accurate from all reports. But it's one good year...that follows a fairly long history of ill-advised behavior for numerous years. All of which led him to getting only the 1 yr 'prove it' deal from the Rams for this past season. And if he hadn't been a Jeff Fisher draftee earlier in his career, he may not have got that.

I would like to see the Rams resign him, for sure. And it could be this past year was significant evidence that he's 'grown up'. But that one good year doesn't wash the slate completely clean. Very few knuckleheads can't stay straight for a single year. But put blinders on and completely ignore past behavior and you're setting yourself up for trouble.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I sure hope not! I definitely want to see Kendricks back, he is way under appreciated by fans IMO, and if we can retain Barksdale at a reasonable rate I think he is a good RT. That said, I think Britt is the most important of the three.

Nice new avatar, who took that?

I thought Barksdale was restricted, but I guess not. I would like to see him come back at least for one more year it's better the devil you know than the devil you don't when it comes to OL.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

That makes sense when laid out that way.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I think a two year deal with Britt would be perfect for the Rams but maybe not for Britt.