Discussions under way between Kenny Britt and Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'll take no-brainer decisions for $100, Alex.

FRO

Legend
I don't think there is any doubt this will get done before free agency. Probably a 3 year 12 million dollar deal. He is probably the only unrestricted guy we retain.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I don't think there is any doubt this will get done before free agency. Probably a 3 year 12 million dollar deal. He is probably the only unrestricted guy we retain.
I sure hope not! I definitely want to see Kendricks back, he is way under appreciated by fans IMO, and if we can retain Barksdale at a reasonable rate I think he is a good RT. That said, I think Britt is the most important of the three.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I'll take no-brainer decisions for $100, Alex.

image.jpg

FRO

Legend
I sure hope not! I definitely want to see Kendricks back, he is way under appreciated by fans IMO, and if we can retain Barksdale at a reasonable rate I think he is a good RT. That said, I think Britt is the most important of the three.
I remember last year reading that the Rams were fine with Barksdale but felt he could be improved upon. Kendricks is ok but easily replaceable. If he is willing to come back for cheap they would probably accept him back.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
That's great news. 1. Kenny Britt is a good player.
2. There is someone at Rams park who can return a call.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I remember last year reading that the Rams were fine with Barksdale but felt he could be improved upon. Kendricks is ok but easily replaceable. If he is willing to come back for cheap they would probably accept him back.
I don't disagree that Barksdale can be improved upon but I also don't see him as a glaring weakness. I think his struggles this year were, in part at least, due to the weakness of our RG.

As for Kendricks, and I admit to being somewhat biased, he doesn't do anything flashy or put up big numbers. What he does do, IMO, is anything that is asked of him and does it well. I'm too lazy to look up the stats but from watching the games I would guess his drop rate is well below that of our flashy TE.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I don't disagree that Barksdale can be improved upon but I also don't see him as a glaring weakness. I think his struggles this year were, in part at least, due to the weakness of our RG.

As for Kendricks, and I admit to being somewhat biased, he doesn't do anything flashy or put up big numbers. What he does do, IMO, is anything that is asked of him and does it well. I'm too lazy to look up the stats but from watching the games I would guess his drop rate is well below that of our flashy TE.
Yeah, I think we would be crazy not to bring Kendricks back.

I also think that they'll take Barksdale seriously, as he's at least one less wild card for the O line in that they probably have a really good idea of how to cover his weaknesses.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Great news!!!! Hope they agree on a good deal for both sides.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Really hope they get a 2 or 3 year deal done with Britt and that he continues to be productive.

Kendricks I like him but he seems to be Cook 2.0 not really bringing all that much that isn't already there. I'd rather have a better in line blocker, someone who does not clog the middle on the trap blocks.