Discipline (Or, Lack Of?)?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
I will be the first to admit that I don't see very many of the Rams games and I am certainly no expert but it just seems to me that the Rams team lack discipline. Again, it just seems to me that the Rams get way too many penalties and just overall make so many silly mistakes. Maybe, some of this can be attributed to the Rams being so young but it does seem like some of the veterans on the team are making some of these mistakes as well or maybe a large part is due to the Rams aggressiveness or maybe at least some of the problems have to due with coaching. Hopefully, whatever is causing this can and will be corrected for next season.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
With Fisher and Williams as coaches, you're not going to see the aggressiveness diminish. Pete Carroll does the same thing in Seattle. His team is constantly fined for breaking the no-contact rule in camp, constantly leads the league in penalties, and has as many fights on the field as the Rams (who have had two this year). I don't know which veterans you're referring to, but Chris Long is the longest tenured and he makes no mistakes. Neither does Quinn, rarely does Laurinaitis, and seldom does Dunbar. Everyone else is in their 3rd or less year, so the veterans are few and far between. On offense, we do need to upgrade the line a little; but more importantly, we need a QB who can mask some of those deficiencies with quick decision making and a quick release - or someone who can break the pocket and make plays on the move.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
yea i didnt see any veterans make mistakes on defense. just everyone else including Williams

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
With Fisher and Williams as coaches, you're not going to see the aggressiveness diminish. Pete Carroll does the same thing in Seattle. His team is constantly fined for breaking the no-contact rule in camp, constantly leads the league in penalties, and has as many fights on the field as the Rams (who have had two this year). I don't know which veterans you're referring to, but Chris Long is the longest tenured and he makes no mistakes. Neither does Quinn, rarely does Laurinaitis, and seldom does Dunbar. Everyone else is in their 3rd or less year, so the veterans are few and far between. On offense, we do need to upgrade the line a little; but more importantly, we need a QB who can mask some of those deficiencies with quick decision making and a quick release - or someone who can break the pocket and make plays on the move.

Should have snatched up Garroppolo last year, that release makes me drool....

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Should have snatched up Garroppolo last year, that release makes me drool....

I agree and did you see that New England picked up Gilbert? Do they know QBs better than the Rams do?

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Pete Carroll does the same thing in Seattle. His team is constantly fined for breaking the no-contact rule in camp, constantly leads the league in penalties, and has as many fights on the field as the Rams (who have had two this year).
And I've seen many times the fact that Seattle commits the most penalties in the league.

And, obviously, they remain successful.

Is it just Wilson that makes those two seemingly contradictory facts co-exist?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
And I've seen many times the fact that Seattle commits the most penalties in the league.

And, obviously, they remain successful.

Is it just Wilson that makes those two seemingly contradictory facts co-exist?
It doesn't hurt...

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
It was out of hand yesterday and on top of that they were getting burned by the guy who was talking all the time. Only one way to shut him up is to shut him down and unfortunately the Rams don't have a lock down corner.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
For the most part, I left the game mainly thinking of how great this team would be if we only had a QB. That's the big thing and nothing comes close. I'm proud that we showed some pride out there.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Hmmmm, lack of discipline...nope...Seems like ODB started it, with all his shenanigans, but the Rams played into it....But the lack of consistently coming prepared to play/perform is disturbing...Maybe some of the guys are already on vacation...Hence why I have suggested that they rotate guys in that haven't played as much....Our defense didn't bring it...Looked like the defensive game plan was lacking...And I didn't see the whole game, but we weren't playing like anything was on the line & it showed....Giants/Eli did what they wanted. So in some ways, that IS a lack of discipline, and it's on the coaches...

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I agree and did you see that New England picked up Gilbert? Do they know QBs better than the Rams do?

Probably for a look. He never really got a chance. People forget that he looked just as good as Davis in preseason before he got relegated to playing behind our 3rd offensive line.