Dirty Laundry

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Tried to upload this to YouTube twice and was denied.
Well, try to block this one, NFL/YouTube. :flip:

[flv]http://ramsondemand.com/video/DirtyLaundry.flv[/flv]

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
My reaction to everyone of those flags:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8Kof3vECVs[/youtube]

bluecoconuts

Legend
Fucking booger. That fucking chuckle he gives while calling it. He knows it's bullshit, he just doesn't give a fuck. Just like last year.

That's not fucking holding.

Fuck you booger.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqLjXD32y-o[/youtube]

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
I wasn't sure that video would ever stop. The flags man. They just kept coming.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
bluecoconuts said:
Fucking booger. That fucking chuckle he gives while calling it. He knows it's bullshit, he just doesn't give a fuck. Just like last year.

That's not fucking holding.

Fuck you booger.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqLjXD32y-o[/youtube]

That got me too. Just the damned laugh after calling the flag. I really am starting to hate this guy.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
:amped: :amped: :amped: :amped: :amped: :amped:
tumblr_ltasqkVJHX1qe0xm1o1_500.gif

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
X said:
[flv]http://ramsondemand.com/video/DirtyLaundry.flv[/flv]
I'll make the BOLD prediction right now that every single Kick-off and Punt return for a touchdown will be called back this season due to penalty. Yes, we will see more of this. And it is not honest and it is not fair. But then, look who controls the refs.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
I know Fisher is a part of the competition committee or whatever, but it would be nice for him to come out and say something to the sort of "We didn't play well enough to overcome the adversity. However, it's hard to win when your young team is consistently being deflated by incompetent shit officials literately taking points off the board every game."

Great video, and lol at the ending.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Username said:
I know Fisher is a part of the competition committee or whatever, but it would be nice for him to come out and say something to the sort of "We didn't play well enough to overcome the adversity. However, it's hard to win when your young team is consistently being deflated by incompetent shyte officials literately taking points off the board every game."

Great video, and lol at the ending.
To paraphrase, "It's the job of the coaching staff and players to overcome all forms of adversity. However, when you're up to your ass in the zebras' dirty laundry, it's hard to remember you were trying to win a game."

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Ram Quixote said:
To paraphrase, "It's the job of the coaching staff and players to overcome all forms of adversity. However, when you're up to your ass in the zebras' dirty laundry, it's hard to remember you were trying to win a game."
Even Martz, Warner, Faulk, Holt, Bruce, Pace et. al. could not overcome the "zebras" desire for the other team to win in SB36, so how can we expect the youngest team in the NFL to do it?

By the way, just found this Twitter link for updates on NFL Officials and the leagues responses to "bad" calls: http://twitter.com/footballzebras

Oh, and here is Jerome again, making sure he gets another penalty AGAINST the Rams...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvA4qXssXk0[/youtube]

Here's a little background on Jerome ... wouldn't you know it, he replaced Bernie Kukar, a former Ram favorite & SB36 killer :(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerome_Boger

OMG, and then there is THIS horrible call by Boger in the Seattle game that knocked -us out of the playoffs in 2010...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Video-Awful-spot-helps-7-9-Seahawks-win-NFC-Wes?urn=nfl-302772

Video: Awful spot helps 7-9 Seahawks win NFC West title

By Chris Chase

It's fitting that the de facto NFC West championship game between the mediocre 7-8 St. Louis Rams and 6-9 Seattle Seahawks was defined by lousy officiating.

A baffling first-down ruling by the officials late in the fourth quarter gave Seattle a crucial first down and helped prevent a realistic comeback opportunity by the upstart St. Louis Rams. As a result, Seattle went on to win the game and became the first NFL team to win the division with a sub-.500 record:

As the replays (and the disbelief of Al Michaels and Cris Collinsworth) show, the ball wasn't even close to getting to the first down marker. So how did officials award Seattle that crucial first down? By pulling the officiating equivalent of jumping the snap count.

Referee Jerome Boger comes from behind the play, sees the ball sitting on the 28-yard line and immediately signals for a first down. What he didn't realize is that the ball hadn't been spotted yet and was at the 28 only because Michael Robinson slid ahead for an extra yard. If he had waited to make the call, he would have seen the ball at its official spot. Instead, he jumped the gun for no apparent reason.

In the next screenshot, you can see the head linesman (No. 22) reach over for the ball and place it at the proper spot (which he's marking by his left foot). By this time, Boger, who's still looking at the proceedings, has stopped signaling for the first down. Presumably, the chains are already moving.

The ball is correctly re-spotted. Boger (white hat) is still looking at the ball. No correction was made.

By the time the error was recognized, it was too late for the Rams to challenge the call. (In a strange twist, the spot itself ended up being correct. It was the movement of the chains that was wrong. Would the challenge have worked in that case?)

It's all irrelevant now. While clearly hosed on this play, the Rams can't complain too hard. St. Louis finished the year at 7-9, lost to Detroit at home by 38 points and dropped the decisive game of its season to a team quarterbacked by a backup who looks like the world's most famous carpenter. In Sunday's game, the Rams dropped a few easy passes (a deep one by Danario Alexander stands out) and committed a number of silly penalties (including an offsides on a late fourth-and-3 which gave Seattle a first down). Still, that's some pretty awful officiating right there and it could have prevented a Rams comeback.

If you think this guy isn't deliberately swaying games against the Rams, then you don't know statistics or science. All of these events can NOT merely be random.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Seriously we were all calling for the real officials to return after the first couple of weeks of replacement officials. From what I have seen since the return of these so-called "Expert," Experienced," and "Best of the Best," give me back the other guys. At least they would screw up in favor of both teams.

I agree this young team is trying hard to shake off the losing atmosphere that has surrounded this organization for so long. But it only gets tougher with bone-headed officials making bad calls, or no-calls aginst them. :amped:

Unless your team is one of the "Elite" teams, they won't get the calls. Or, if your team has, what the NFL and its pundits say is, an Elite QB and then they will get the calls too because the "Shield" needs to protect them. Do I sound like I think the NFL has targeted the RAMS for continued frutility? F**k Yes! If I was the RAMS organiztion, I would be filing complaints weekly about some of the garbage they call officiating. You'll never convince me that the officiating in the NFL doesn't favor the better teams in the league.

Senator (NFL)... "To the Victor goes the Spoils." Fletcher (Fisher)... "There's another 'ol sayin' Senator... don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." [Classic Eastwood - Outlaw Josey Wales]

bluecoconuts

Legend
interference said:
Ram Quixote said:
Even Martz, Warner, Faulk, Holt, Bruce, Pace et. al. could not overcome the "zebras" desire for the other team to win in SB36, so how can we expect the youngest team in the NFL to do it?

By the way, just found this Twitter link for updates on NFL Officials and the leagues responses to "bad" calls: http://twitter.com/footballzebras

Oh, and here is Jerome again, making sure he gets another penalty AGAINST the Rams...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvA4qXssXk0[/youtube]

Here's a little background on Jerome ... wouldn't you know it, he replaced Bernie Kukar, a former Ram favorite & SB36 killer :(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerome_Boger

OMG, and then there is THIS horrible call by Boger in the Seattle game that knocked -us out of the playoffs in 2010...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Video-Awful-spot-helps-7-9-Seahawks-win-NFC-Wes?urn=nfl-302772

Video: Awful spot helps 7-9 Seahawks win NFC West title

By Chris Chase

It's fitting that the de facto NFC West championship game between the mediocre 7-8 St. Louis Rams and 6-9 Seattle Seahawks was defined by lousy officiating.

A baffling first-down ruling by the officials late in the fourth quarter gave Seattle a crucial first down and helped prevent a realistic comeback opportunity by the upstart St. Louis Rams. As a result, Seattle went on to win the game and became the first NFL team to win the division with a sub-.500 record:

As the replays (and the disbelief of Al Michaels and Cris Collinsworth) show, the ball wasn't even close to getting to the first down marker. So how did officials award Seattle that crucial first down? By pulling the officiating equivalent of jumping the snap count.

Referee Jerome Boger comes from behind the play, sees the ball sitting on the 28-yard line and immediately signals for a first down. What he didn't realize is that the ball hadn't been spotted yet and was at the 28 only because Michael Robinson slid ahead for an extra yard. If he had waited to make the call, he would have seen the ball at its official spot. Instead, he jumped the gun for no apparent reason.

In the next screenshot, you can see the head linesman (No. 22) reach over for the ball and place it at the proper spot (which he's marking by his left foot). By this time, Boger, who's still looking at the proceedings, has stopped signaling for the first down. Presumably, the chains are already moving.

The ball is correctly re-spotted. Boger (white hat) is still looking at the ball. No correction was made.

By the time the error was recognized, it was too late for the Rams to challenge the call. (In a strange twist, the spot itself ended up being correct. It was the movement of the chains that was wrong. Would the challenge have worked in that case?)

It's all irrelevant now. While clearly hosed on this play, the Rams can't complain too hard. St. Louis finished the year at 7-9, lost to Detroit at home by 38 points and dropped the decisive game of its season to a team quarterbacked by a backup who looks like the world's most famous carpenter. In Sunday's game, the Rams dropped a few easy passes (a deep one by Danario Alexander stands out) and committed a number of silly penalties (including an offsides on a late fourth-and-3 which gave Seattle a first down). Still, that's some pretty awful officiating right there and it could have prevented a Rams comeback.

If you think this guy isn't deliberately swaying games against the Rams, then you don't know statistics or science. All of these events can NOT merely be random.

I'm with you man, three years in a row bad calls against the Rams. I'm sure it goes back further than that even. Everytime I see him on the field with the Rams I know he's going to make a bad call against us.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
The field goal kills me the most. There was like 7 seconds on the clock when they were set. Absolutely no reason at all to have a delay there. Victory should of been ours.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
bwdenverram said:
The field goal kills me the most. There was like 7 seconds on the clock when they were set. Absolutely no reason at all to have a delay there. Victory should of been ours.
I urge you to take a look at that play again, especially when the cameras turn from sideline view to offensive endzone view, there is 6sec left on the play clock and the two officials behind the defensive line of scrimage are only just backing away. By the time the officials get set, we have approx 3secs to snap the ball, and we snap it just as playclock turns zero. We got squeezed, and from what I can tell, the officials are a big part of the reason we did not get the ball off in time, but only barely.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
interference said:
bwdenverram said:
I urge you to take a look at that play again, especially when the cameras turn from sideline view to offensive endzone view, there is 6sec left on the play clock and the two officials behind the defensive line of scrimage are only just backing away. By the time the officials get set, we have approx 3secs to snap the ball, and we snap it just as playclock turns zero. We got squeezed, and from what I can tell, the officials are a big part of the reason we did not get the ball off in time, but only barely.

I watched it again. I'll give you maybe another second but they didn't have to wait to snap the ball. They had time.
Even Hekker said after the game he should of been more aware of the clock. I can't watch that much time and blame the officials. I don't clame to know all the rules there but I've seen game winners kicked with much less time than they had. From the start of the 35 second clock to the time they finally attempted was plenty of time, IMO.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Too funny because I was telling people be careful what you wish for during the lockout. The replacements weren't really any worse and the ONE call that changed it was the Taint TD catch. And when the tape got looked at more closely the refs may have made the right call after all. Certainly the regular guys aren't any better IMO.

MontanaRamsFan said:
Seriously we were all calling for the real officials to return after the first couple of weeks of replacement officials. From what I have seen since the return of these so-called "Expert," Experienced," and "Best of the Best," give me back the other guys. At least they would screw up in favor of both teams.

I agree this young team is trying hard to shake off the losing atmosphere that has surrounded this organization for so long. But it only gets tougher with bone-headed officials making bad calls, or no-calls aginst them. :amped:

Unless your team is one of the "Elite" teams, they won't get the calls. Or, if your team has, what the NFL and its pundits say is, an Elite QB and then they will get the calls too because the "Shield" needs to protect them. Do I sound like I think the NFL has targeted the RAMS for continued frutility? F**k Yes! If I was the RAMS organiztion, I would be filing complaints weekly about some of the garbage they call officiating. You'll never convince me that the officiating in the NFL doesn't favor the better teams in the league.

Senator (NFL)... "To the Victor goes the Spoils." Fletcher (Fisher)... "There's another 'ol sayin' Senator... don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." [Classic Eastwood - Outlaw Josey Wales]