direct tv sunday nfl ticket

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
The boards of both companies agree to do the deal, but, it has to pass through regulation before a sale happens and that will probably take awhile.

Here's a quote from the link you provided El. "If approved by regulators, DirecTV will operate as an AT&T subsidiary and continue to be based in its current headquarters in El Segundo, Calif."

Not trying to bust your chops, just want you to be informed. In addition, I work for one of these two companies. We just had a briefing on some of the aspects of the merger/acquisition the other day. The deals not done yet, but should be no problem.

GO RAMS!

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
The reason I say it will not happen is because of uneven purchase distribution. If the Cowboys sell 2 million of a single game and the Jags sell 100,000 the NFL is going to get into profit sharing lawsuits like we have seen in MLB. Buying the whole package is better for the brand and protects the NFL from a host of legal issues that would come (probably) from single game options.

You're probably right that it'll remain an all-or-nothing package. And I'll keep buying it, year in and year out.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
Years ago I got rid of cable as I was tired of paying a high bill per month to have all of these channels I don't watch just so I can then pay more money for Sunday ticket on top of that. Since then I have been streaming all of the sports I watch from my laptop onto my tv. I have not one time got a virus on my computer. If you have anti virus you'll be fine. I suggest using Firefox and using Adblock, any popup add on they have and noscript. Noscript is nice because you can manually at the bottom right hand corner of the screen choose what you allow to be displayed. Just allow what is needed to view the stream and block out everything else. The first time you go to any site you'll have to allow things but it's not a big deal. After that first time it remembers each site you went to. As others have said the quality is not going to be as good as if you were paying but for the money you'll be saving by not paying a cable bill and NFL ticket bill it is good. I watch nfl redzone, baseball, hockey, basketball, anything. I'm watching the World Cup game now. I have not had many times over the years where I had to switch streams. I use only these two sites below and I have not missed anything yet. First row also has streams of espn and nfl network going at all times. Also, these two sites have not been closed down since I've been using them and are pretty reliable.

www.vipboxam.co
ifirstrowus.eu

Last edited:

Sgt. Ram

the present moment is all you will ever have
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Here's a quote from the link you provided El. "If approved by regulators, DirecTV will operate as an AT&T subsidiary and continue to be based in its current headquarters in El Segundo, Calif."

Not trying to bust your chops, just want you to be informed. In addition, I work for one of these two companies. We just had a briefing on some of the aspects of the merger/acquisition the other day. The deals not done yet, but should be no problem.

GO RAMS!
so do you know if it is true that you can not buy nfl sunday ticket without having direct tv?

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Should be by the end of this year. I read that nothing will change for this season because that's the contract that was already in place, but come next season the merger will be in full effect and I guarantee AT&T customers will a break on ticket. Verizon has been pretty exclusive in their NFL exclusives. I don't have direct, so I'm hoping, in the event that the rams do move, that I will be open to Ticket from AT&T

Right now verizon has NFL exclusivity on lock down. NFL.com can't even stream certain things on their mobile website because it breaches that contract. I doubt AT&T phones will be allowed NFL Sunday Ticket. But you never know.

Sgt. Ram

probably just going to buy audio pass and game rewind, though its going to kill me on gameday not to be able to watch games live.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
probably just going to buy audio pass and game rewind, though its going to kill me on gameday not to be able to watch games live.

Stream it bro, do what flv said he was on point with the advice. Mozilla + adblocker = golden. You can put like 4 games up and make your own little ghetto Sunday ticket. That's what I'm doing this year!

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
It LOOKS like they are letting people get it through their ap.

http://www.directv.com/technology/mobile_apps/nfl_sunday_ticket

You have to get Sunday Ticket Max though which is $100 more.

I streamed 1080P to my big screen doing this last year with my laptop.
I have a 15mg internet speed.

One thing that a lot of people forget, is chances are you have close family or friends who are already set with DirecTV sunday ticket. Both my sister and brother have it. I can't have a dish due to "line of site issues" (darn mountains!).

Both my siblings "loaned" me their directv login usernames and passwords.
I gave them the $100 for the "MAX".

safak

Game-Wrecker
Name
safak
fwiw if you call directv and haggle, (i.e. threaten to switch to dish or whatever) they give sunday ticket free. ive had it 3 years running at no cost, when they started offering it free to new customers it gave existing customers the leg up in negotiations ..negotiations as in, hey ive been paying you for years i want free stuff too. they cave pretty quick the girl on the phone is allowed to obviously, and doesn't care one way or the other so they cough it up.

Sgt. Ram

Here is what a rep said in an email response to question....This is Rhone, a Customer Service Representative from DIRECTV’s email department and you are interested in getting NFL SUNDAY TICKET subscription without a DIRECTV account.

We are unable to provide a NFL SUNDAY TICKET subscription without a DIRECTV account. DIRECTV is still the undisputed leader in sports. No matter what teams you follow, no matter where you live, DIRECTV has you covered. From international soccer to college hoops to every out-of-market NFL game every Sunday-we have the best.

Thank you for writing, We still look forward to serve you in the future and show you why DIRECTV still offers a better television experience than other provider.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Here is what a rep said in an email response to question....This is Rhone, a Customer Service Representative from DIRECTV’s email department and you are interested in getting NFL SUNDAY TICKET subscription without a DIRECTV account.

We are unable to provide a NFL SUNDAY TICKET subscription without a DIRECTV account. DIRECTV is still the undisputed leader in sports. No matter what teams you follow, no matter where you live, DIRECTV has you covered. From international soccer to college hoops to every out-of-market NFL game every Sunday-we have the best.

Thank you for writing, We still look forward to serve you in the future and show you why DIRECTV still offers a better television experience than other provider.

Yeah, but they have to if you can't get DirecTV. The trick is to convince them you can't get DirecTV. I'm sure there are hints on how to do this out there.

I've been with DirecTV for 11 years. It's time to use my leverage.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I wonder if anyone who had the madden ticket last year tried to use that as leverage yet.

Tell the rep that you had the streaming Sunday Ticket last year and that you'd like to renew the streaming version only. If they tell you no, play dumb and keep pushing yourself up the ladder to the supervisor. Supervisors hate taking calls, so they're more willing to help you find a solution...but if he flat out tells you no, then it's not ever going to happen.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott

Unless your a Dodgers fan. Then your out of luck.

ausmurp

Starter

Sorry man not yet. I know they're trying but it is not official yet and there is a very good chance it will not be...this is from 3 days ago, yours is months old...and the merger still isn't approved. AT&T tried to do the same with TMobile and it was denied. There's a very good chance this gets denied as well...

http://variety.com/2014/biz/news/fcc-comcast-twc-att-directv-mergers-1201258918/#