Direct TV Sucks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
It sounds to me like there is a faulty operating unit..........maybe it's under warranty though.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Plus, this season the two networks seem to have traded some games.

For example, for the Chargers game, Fox elected not to carry a late game in my local market, so the CBS game went unopposed... the CBS game was Redskins vs. 49ers, an NFC vs. NFC matchup. I've seen one other time that was the case, but don't recall specifics off hand.
Yesterday, the Dallas- Eagles was on CBS! First time I've seen that!

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Not sure how this is DirecTVs fault. If you had searched for the game (as someone mentioned earlier) and slected record, it WOULD have found the correct channel.

Yesterday, the Dallas- Eagles was on CBS! First time I've seen that!
It is called "cross flexing" and is new to the NFL this year as far as I know. Essentially, if there is higher interest in an NFC matchup, CBS can flex to carry the game and vice versa.

Per NFL .com
"Select games can be flexed between CBS and FOX. In the past, a game with two NFC teams had to be on FOX and a game with two AFC teams had to be on CBS. Now, the league can theoretically move an all-NFC game to CBS or an all-AFC game to FOX in select cases. This will help balance out the television schedule, especially in a week where one network has all the most intriguing games."

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/06/19/nfl-directv-sued-over-sunday-ticket/

NFL, DirecTV sued over Sunday Ticket
Posted by Mike Florio on June 19, 2015

directv.jpg
Getty Images

How quickly will DirecTV’s settlement of a lawsuit challenging the NHL out-of-market package that prevents the purchase of one team’s games spawn a similar attack on DirecTV’s NFL Sunday Ticket package?

If the over/under was a week and you took the under, congratulations.

A class action attacking the Sunday Ticket package was filed Wednesday in California. PFT has obtained a copy of the complaint filed by Thomas Abrahamian against the NFL, DirecTV, and related defendants.

The lawsuit accuses the NFL and DirecTV of violating federal antitrust laws by requiring consumers to purchase all Sunday afternoon out-of-market games, even if the customer wants to see the out-of-market games for one team only. Over the years, the Sunday Ticket package has been marketed from time to time specifically to those consumers.

“The League and DirecTV offer NFL Sunday Ticket only as all-or-nothing,” the complaint alleges at paragraph 36. “Purchasers of NFL Sunday Ticket must buy all out-of-market games for all teams even if they are only interested in watching the games of a particular team. Likewise, consumers must buy the complete season of games and may not purchase individual games.”

The NFL surely will argue that the broadcast antitrust exemption which allows games of separate teams to be bundled and sold to the networks allows that same bundling to occur when selling the games to consumers. The league faced a similar lawsuit in 1997, attacking not the inability to purchase games involving one specific team but the inability to purchase the package one Sunday at a time. Settled in 2001, the agreement allowed consumers for a limited time to buy NFL Sunday Ticket on any given Sunday.

The question in this case is whether the lawyers will push the litigation through to a conclusion, or whether they’ll accept a proposal that pays them handsomely for their limited efforts, gives the class members a short-term cookie for their trouble, and ultimately doesn’t effect meaningful change.

Whatever the law ultimately requires, here’s hoping that this lawsuit goes to the end, so that if consumers are illegally being deprived of the ability to purchase out-of-market games on a team-by-team basis, they’ll have that right going forward. Or, alternatively, if the NFL and DirecTV are complying with the law, they’ll be insulated from future attacks.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Plus, this season the two networks seem to have traded some games.

For example, for the Chargers game, Fox elected not to carry a late game in my local market, so the CBS game went unopposed... the CBS game was Redskins vs. 49ers, an NFC vs. NFC matchup. I've seen one other time that was the case, but don't recall specifics off hand.

I remember last season seeing a NFC/NFC game on CBS..I was dumbfounded as I couldn't ever recall seeing that before...It was weird...

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Yeah I just got the geni so still getting used to it. I also bitched and got sixty bucks off. Still pissed though. Really wanted to watch that game.

I know they don't move the game but I think when they do, it should automatically record the right channel. JMHO
Well then why don't you invent the technology to do this. I'm sure Directv would be happy to pay you for your invention.

I'm sorry but to expect/demand your TV provider to automatically just switch the recording YOU setup based on somthing beyond their control is 100% a first world problem.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I wish someone would sue the NFL/DirecTV for giving DirecTV a monopoly on the Sunday Ticket to begin with. I would be uber happy if I could get it through Fios.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/06/19/nfl-directv-sued-over-sunday-ticket/

NFL, DirecTV sued over Sunday Ticket
Posted by Mike Florio on June 19, 2015

directv.jpg
Getty Images

How quickly will DirecTV’s settlement of a lawsuit challenging the NHL out-of-market package that prevents the purchase of one team’s games spawn a similar attack on DirecTV’s NFL Sunday Ticket package?

If the over/under was a week and you took the under, congratulations.

A class action attacking the Sunday Ticket package was filed Wednesday in California. PFT has obtained a copy of the complaint filed by Thomas Abrahamian against the NFL, DirecTV, and related defendants.

The lawsuit accuses the NFL and DirecTV of violating federal antitrust laws by requiring consumers to purchase all Sunday afternoon out-of-market games, even if the customer wants to see the out-of-market games for one team only. Over the years, the Sunday Ticket package has been marketed from time to time specifically to those consumers.

“The League and DirecTV offer NFL Sunday Ticket only as all-or-nothing,” the complaint alleges at paragraph 36. “Purchasers of NFL Sunday Ticket must buy all out-of-market games for all teams even if they are only interested in watching the games of a particular team. Likewise, consumers must buy the complete season of games and may not purchase individual games.”

The NFL surely will argue that the broadcast antitrust exemption which allows games of separate teams to be bundled and sold to the networks allows that same bundling to occur when selling the games to consumers. The league faced a similar lawsuit in 1997, attacking not the inability to purchase games involving one specific team but the inability to purchase the package one Sunday at a time. Settled in 2001, the agreement allowed consumers for a limited time to buy NFL Sunday Ticket on any given Sunday.

The question in this case is whether the lawyers will push the litigation through to a conclusion, or whether they’ll accept a proposal that pays them handsomely for their limited efforts, gives the class members a short-term cookie for their trouble, and ultimately doesn’t effect meaningful change.

Whatever the law ultimately requires, here’s hoping that this lawsuit goes to the end, so that if consumers are illegally being deprived of the ability to purchase out-of-market games on a team-by-team basis, they’ll have that right going forward. Or, alternatively, if the NFL and DirecTV are complying with the law, they’ll be insulated from future attacks.

The dreaded Anti-Trust suits just attack the NFL from all angles.

If this leads to me being able to buy Rams games only, I will stop streaming my games.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'm getting Direct TV Sunday Ticket for Free right now (have been for the last 3 years!) So I'm not worried about this! Unless, of course, this Suit causes that to change!!

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well then why don't you invent the technology to do this. I'm sure Directv would be happy to pay you for your invention.

I'm sorry but to expect/demand your TV provider to automatically just switch the recording YOU setup based on somthing beyond their control is 100% a first world problem.

wmc540

Pro Bowler
The dreaded Anti-Trust suits just attack the NFL from all angles.

If this leads to me being able to buy Rams games only, I will stop streaming my games.

If I was DirecTV I'd open the option to allow consumers to buy the games for only one team and then price it one penny less than the package that buys every game. Lawsuit averted.