Direct TV Sucks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NukeRam

I test nuclear weapons
Name
Mike
Friggin pissed! Went to the game in SD last Sunday and had the DVR set to record the game. Figured I'd watch it this weekend. It didn't record! Maybe it was on regular TV so NFL package can't show it if it's broadcast locally but they should have it figured out to find what channel it's on and record that one. Seeing it live was cool but I couldn't hear the refs and Qualcomm's so-called jumbotrons are the size of my home TV.........very lame. Pay friggin 300 bucks for the package and I can't record the game when not home. Thanks Direct TV!

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
I know when the RAMS played Denver a couple weeks ago, the Sunday Ticket channel was blacked out and I had to watch on the local channel. I set my DVR to record the Sunday Ticket channel, but had to switch it to record the local channel.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Every time I set to record I have to check it on the day of the game to make sure it is still set. A few times when I didn't check I missed the game.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Friggin pissed! Went to the game in SD last Sunday and had the DVR set to record the game. Figured I'd watch it this weekend. It didn't record! Maybe it was on regular TV so NFL package can't show it if it's broadcast locally but they should have it figured out to find what channel it's on and record that one. Seeing it live was cool but I couldn't hear the refs and Qualcomm's so-called jumbotrons are the size of my home TV.........very lame. Pay friggin 300 bucks for the package and I can't record the game when not home. Thanks Direct TV!

Yes.
Direct TV cannot show a game if it is televised for you locally/on your regular TV channel.

StevenG-BR

Rookie
If you have Sunday ticket, they show replays of the game all week I believe. Just record a replay of the game.

NukeRam

I test nuclear weapons
Name
Mike
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
:mad::mad:I don't see it on the guide. I must have missed it.

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
Go to menu screen than sports, than set to record your teams and it will auto record with out you setting up the channel. I have the new Genie, so I dont know if your current receiver will do that or not. I still double check. I have Directv since the 99 season and every couple years I call and get free upgrades or discounts.

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
Sorry, I missed a step. Menu, than search & browse, than sports, than scroll down to my teams and add your teams.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

I don't think you can blame Direct TV for that, if it's being broadcast locally they can't show the game based on the contract with the NFL. So blame the NFL. It's up to you to figure out what channel the game is going to be on the guide showcases that.

Now that I'm an apologist for any communications company, but you really should not be pissed at them, but you're correct to be pissed about paying $300.00 for the package.

NukeRam

I test nuclear weapons
Name
Mike
Yeah I just got the geni so still getting used to it. I also bitched and got sixty bucks off. Still pissed though. Really wanted to watch that game.

I know they don't move the game but I think when they do, it should automatically record the right channel. JMHO

iced

always check the night before the game is my motto

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
Yeah I just got the geni so still getting used to it. I also bitched and got sixty bucks off. Still pissed though. Really wanted to watch that game.

I know they don't move the game but I think when they do, it should automatically record the right channel. JMHO

If you're from so cal you should know that San Diego is always locally televised. Your fault man.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Chargers games are usually televised here in so cal.
What I thought was odd was that the Chargers home game was on Fox.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
NFC teams visiting AFC teams are broadcasted on FOX.

CBS vise versa.
Plus, this season the two networks seem to have traded some games.

For example, for the Chargers game, Fox elected not to carry a late game in my local market, so the CBS game went unopposed... the CBS game was Redskins vs. 49ers, an NFC vs. NFC matchup. I've seen one other time that was the case, but don't recall specifics off hand.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
NFC teams visiting AFC teams are broadcasted on FOX.

CBS vise versa.
I didn't notice until this weekend.
CBS aired the Denver game while Fox took the Chargers. Out here the AFC has been pretty much all cbs. The NFC has been primarily fox. I'm sure it changes from market to market. It is rare here in so cal.

NukeRam

I test nuclear weapons
Name
Mike
If you're from so cal you should know that San Diego is always locally televised. Your fault man.

Not from SoCal. From Nevada and we left town on Friday or I would have checked the day before. I shouldn't have to. It should automatically switch. I'm paying good money for the service. jus sayin

moklerman

Warner-phile
Not from SoCal. From Nevada and we left town on Friday or I would have checked the day before. I shouldn't have to. It should automatically switch. I'm paying good money for the service. jus sayin
I agree that it would be nice to have a computer smart enough to intuit what one wants but the channel guide extends for two weeks in advance so as others have suggested, it's best to just check the local channels rather than assuming it'll be on the Sunday Ticket channel.

I've been burned in the same way but I LOVE that Sunday Ticket exists so I can't agree that DirecTV sucks.