Dilfer analyzing Bradford on Twitter tonight...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
[tweet]338116446125162496[/tweet]
<a class="postlink" href="https://twitter.com/TDESPN/status/338116446125162496" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://twitter.com/TDESPN/status/338116446125162496</a>
[tweet]338118664702287873[/tweet]
<a class="postlink" href="https://twitter.com/TDESPN/status/338118664702287873" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://twitter.com/TDESPN/status/338118664702287873</a>

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Username said:
And it's the Jets game. lol
I know, right? Arguably Bradford's worst game of the year. Of course our defense didn't do us any favors by making Sanchez look like the second coming of Joe Namath, but it was still a pretty shitty game by Sam. I guess there were a few decent plays in there regardless.

I think he's just breaking down his form and mechanics too. Doesn't matter which game, I suppose.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Agreed. The whole team sucked that game. I came home from that one and posted that I had no clue wtf had happened, and still don't. It was seriously like watching a different team. That's the only game I probably haven't re-watched more than twice hahaha.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
That game pissed me off SO much. And then I was numb for like 3 days.
Just awful. I think everyone penciled that one in as a "W" before it started.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Pretty sure that game literally gave me diarrhea. That, the London bowl and the Minny game. Honestly, I didn't "expect" a win in any of those games due to our pathetic recent history...... but to not be competitive???? Puke. At least we made a push against the vikes. Happy Memorial Day weekend to you all btw!!

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Username said:
Agreed. The whole team sucked that game. I came home from that one and posted that I had no clue wtf had happened, and still don't. It was seriously like watching a different team. That's the only game I probably haven't re-watched more than twice hahaha.
I still don't know WTF happened either.

Sam has serious arm strength, however....not very celebrated though. I have been promoting it since day one. Sam has a top 10 arm in this league. Top 10! Some of his throws are freaking amazing. When I hear that Sam has OK arm strength, or that his arm strength is STILL OK, or average, I flinch. I wonder what other people see vs. what I see.

Then, I stopped wondering, and realized...fuck those idiots.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Username said:

I'm pretty sure that game was after the whiners game in whinerland. The rams put everything into that game and this game was a letdown game. It didn't help them calling back givens on a td kickoff return, literally the play after they didn't call holding on the jets oline for exactly the same hold on the td pass.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There's no doubting that Dilfer knows football and terminology but I think the guy is a terrible talent evaluator. Will never forget his comments about Bradford and him claiming Colt McCoy was the best QB in that class.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
jrry32 said:
There's no doubting that Dilfer knows football and terminology but I think the guy is a terrible talent evaluator. Will never forget his comments about Bradford and him claiming Colt McCoy was the best QB in that class.

I remember that too. Since that, and maybe even a little before that, I sort of ignore his talent evaluations.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
jrry32 said:
I think he was just trying to pimp McCoy because he and Dilfer were both clients of Athletes First. I know he went on to deny that allegation (duh), but it was still way too controversial a statement to make, and it went against what EVERY talent evaluator and scout saw and said at the time.

jap

Legend
DR RAM said:
Username said:

Sam has serious arm strength, however....not very celebrated though. I have been promoting it since day one. Sam has a top 10 arm in this league. Top 10! Some of his throws are freaking amazing. When I hear that Sam has OK arm strength, or that his arm strength is STILL OK, or average, I flinch. I wonder what other people see vs. what I see.

Then, I stopped wondering, and realized...freak those idiots.

The idiots are still referencing the collegiate, pre-injury Sam Bradford---not the one who became a workout warrior before the 2008 draft. As much as I loved Sam as a QB from his sophomore collegiate season, I originally was pushing for Psycho Suh as our #1 overall selection for the 2008 draft due to concerns with the fragility of Sam's body. Then after the Rams brought Sam in for a pre-draft physical and assessed his recent increases in sheer overall strength and conditioning, I happily shifted my 2008 draft allegiance to where my heart was.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
jrry32 said:

And that's about it. He can talk like he knows his shit but I just don't give him any credence in his evaluations or critiques. Yeah - if someone posts transcripts or a video of what he says, I'll no doubt read/watch it. But even if he gushes about Sam, it really won't matter to me.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
jap said:
DR RAM said:
Username said:

The idiots are still referencing the collegiate, pre-injury Sam Bradford---not the one who became a workout warrior before the 2008 draft. As much as I loved Sam as a QB from his sophomore collegiate season, I originally was pushing for Psycho Suh as our #1 overall selection for the 2008 draft due to concerns with the fragility of Sam's body. Then after the Rams brought Sam in for a pre-draft physical and assessed his recent increases in sheer overall strength and conditioning, I happily shifted my 2008 draft allegiance to where my heart was.

Except, Bradford came out in the 2010 draft :ww:

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Young Ram said:
jap said:
DR RAM said:
Username said:

Except, Bradford came out in the 2010 draft :ww:
Wowcant belive we all missed that lol good catch

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
DR RAM said:
Username said:

the CB that came from GB(his name escapes me now) said during the 2011 training camp that SB had Brett Favre like arm strength and velocity.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
RamBall said:
DR RAM said:
Username said:

the CB that came from GB(his name escapes me now) said during the 2011 training camp that SB had Brett Favre like arm strength and velocity.
The Godfather. Al Harris.

4e3a0fa8a7756.preview-300.jpg

bluecoconuts

Legend
EARTH CITY, MO. – St. Louis Rams cornerback Al Harris had visions of jumping second-year quarterback Sam Bradford's training camp sideline pass and racing into the end zone.

Except the only thing that went untouched was Bradford's sizzling fastball. His low, outside strike was placed where only wide receiver Mike Sims-Walker could snag it.
Harris shot both arms up in disgust.

"That boy frustrates me," Harris told general manager Billy Devaney.
The 14th-year cornerback, who competed daily against Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers while he was with the Green Bay Packers from 2003 to 2010, speaks in reverential tones about Bradford.

"[hil]The two quarterbacks with the strongest arms in this league are Aaron Rodgers and Sam Bradford[/hil]," Harris said. "The sky's the limit for Sam."

<a class="postlink" href="http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/rams/story/2011-08-25/Rams-Sam-Bradford-We-expect-to-win-the-Super-Bowl/50132342/1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/f ... 50132342/1</a>

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
bluecoconuts said:
EARTH CITY, MO. – St. Louis Rams cornerback Al Harris had visions of jumping second-year quarterback Sam Bradford's training camp sideline pass and racing into the end zone.

Except the only thing that went untouched was Bradford's sizzling fastball. His low, outside strike was placed where only wide receiver Mike Sims-Walker could snag it.

The 14th-year cornerback, who competed daily against Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers while he was with the Green Bay Packers from 2003 to 2010, speaks in reverential tones about Bradford.

"[hil]The two quarterbacks with the strongest arms in this league are Aaron Rodgers and Sam Bradford[/hil]," Harris said. "The sky's the limit for Sam."

<a class="postlink" href="http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/rams/story/2011-08-25/Rams-Sam-Bradford-We-expect-to-win-the-Super-Bowl/50132342/1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/f ... 50132342/1</a>

Sam's arm strength is absolutely among the better in the league.

I'd put Flacco up there too.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
CGI_Ram said:
bluecoconuts said:

Sam's arm strength is absolutely among the better in the league.

I'd put Flacco up there too.

Kaps too. I hate to say it but dude has a cannon for an arm.

Stafford and Cutler have strong arms as well.

I'd put Bradford 6th in the league in terms of arm strength. Rodgers, Flacco, Kap, Stafford, and Cutler ahead of him.