Dig this: Rams’ Fisher jabs at 49ers after overtime win

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Eric Branch | SF Gate
http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/12/02 ... rtime-win/

FISHER.jpg

After getting a 16-13 overtime win over the 49ers on Sunday, Rams coach Jeff Fisher got in two semi-subtle jabs at the losing team.

In victory, Fisher took a dig at San Francisco’s clock management near the end of regulation and its ill-fated read-option pitch play that resulted in cornerback Janoris Jenkins’ two-yard fumble recovery for a touchdown earlier in the fourth quarter.

First, the matter of the clock management with the score tied at 10 late in the fourth quarter.

After Colin Kaepernick’s 50-yard dash around right end, the 49ers had a first down at the Rams’ 14-yard line at the two-minute warning. St. Louis had two timeouts left. If San Francisco had called three straight runs, the Rams would have gotten the ball back with about a minute left with no timeouts.

Instead, they still had one timeout remaining after David Akers made a 33-yard field goal with 1:34 remaining.

Here’s why:

1st-and-10 (2:00): Incompletion on Colin Kaepernick’s well-placed pass that tight end Delanie Walker couldn’t corral in the front right corner of the end zone.

2nd-and-10 (1:54): Holding penalty on Walker.

2nd-and-20 (1:47): Frank Gore runs for a minus-one yard (Rams use second timeout).

3rd-and-21 (1:44): Kaepernick dashes around right end for 10 yards and inexplicably runs out of bounds, stopping the clock and allowing the Rams to keep their final timeout.

Here’s Fisher: “… They helped also because he ran out of bounds once and they threw an incomplete pass and so I was not expecting … I was expecting to get the ball back inside of a minute with no timeouts left. Instead, we have it with 1:48 and a timeout left, so that certainly helped our cause.”

As for the read-option pitch that Kaepernick sailed over the head of Ted Ginn late in the fourth quarter, Jim Harbaugh conceded it was a poor play call given the circumstances.

For his part, Fisher didn’t disagree.

“I don’t know what they were trying to accomplish there,” he said. “But we took advantage of one of their mistakes.”

Why did Fisher take some jabs? I don’t know, but it’s possible he felt his team didn’t get the proper credit for its performance in a 24-24 tie against the 49ers on Nov. 11. In the aftermath of that game, several Niners mentioned not being ready to play, allowing the Rams to grab a 14-0 first-quarter lead.

“I think the perception was that, well we might’ve caught them on a bad day,” Fisher said. “So, we (got) to start over again and find a way to beat the team to beat in our division. It’s a good feeling in the locker room.”

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Great theater.

Looking forward to years of Fish slamming whinners HC, whoever that might be.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
When asked about the Niners saying the Rams haven't seen their best, Fisher responded with, "How do you like us NOW bitch?"

Well... That's what I heard. :sly:

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
A shitstorm of people piling on Kaepernick after that game. I really think the blame falls squarely on coaching. That kid has the chops to play in the NFL, sure stepping out of bounds was dumb, but there were just some really bad calls made by the Whiners. Not that you'll see me complain about it. Just funny that old addage of QB gets all the blame or all the glory. Harbaugh is a buffoon.