Different Draft Philosophies - Building O instead of D

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Athos

Legend
We've rehashed a lot of shit lately. I've been of a mind where we should have split up those premium picks more between offense and defense from the get-go. Building only one side of the ball was a mistake when you have a potential franchise QB who got beat to shit before you came in and had virtually nothing around him as far as talent goes. Who is still a starter in this league that was here for Sam's first two years besides Kendricks?

In Bizarro World, let's say we flipped the script and Snisher instead built an offense first instead of a D. What would YOU have done differently, all general picks remain the same. You can either keep the same pick locations or keep the same trades, etc, beginning in that 2012 draft.

Here's my stab at it, mostly using players I really liked to avoid as much "Hindsight" as possible. So, in my scenario, Bradford never has any ACL tears because the O-Line will be built up.

I'll leave FA alone just because....this is an exercise is draft strategy only.

#14: DT Brockers remains the same. No real O talent at this point if picks stay the same.
#33: OT Cordy Glenn
#39: CB Janoris Jenkins
#45: WR Alshon Jeffery
#65: CB Tru J
#96: WR Givens (I was just getting into draft-honkness this year, so I didn't know much beyond the 3rd round talent so I'll be fair and keep this the same.)

GZ, Hekker, UDFAs all remain the same.

I've started to like the Tavon pick, but this is where we change things up, where I go with what I wanted.

#16: WR DeAndre Hopkins
#30: C Travis Frederick (the unsexy but necessary pick)
#46: LB Kiko Alonso (Won't pick Bell b/c he wasn't really on my radar)
#78: S TJ Mac

Everything else remains the same except we draft Andre Ellington to basically be our gadget, Tavon guy.

#2 OT Jake Matthews
#13 OG Zach Martin
#44 WR Allen Robinson
#75 LB Chris Borland

Everything else remains the same

#10 RB Todd Gurley
#57 CB Quinten Rollins
#72 RB Duke Johnson
#89 OG Jamon Brown

Everything remains the same.

Yes. What I went and did is pretty much build a Packers-esque offense. With a fast, playmaking defense.

Yea, I'm bored, exhausted/apathetic (with this team), and still greatly annoyed at the fuck up roster building we did. Anyway.

This is what my Arm-Chair management would have done. I'd mocked all these players at one point (well, mostly. The ones I kept from Snisher I didn't, buuuut). There it is.

Torch away.