Different Country Vehicle Shipped

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
No other way to say it so I'll try. Drove from Gilbert, AZ to Houston, TX Port, Feb 1,2017,freight paid to Limon, Costa Rica. Booked via small plane etc to a massive freight yard for pick up April 27, 2017 Tamarindo to Limon, todos Español btw ...drove unknowingly across the "Jurassic Park" one lane insane jungle to San Jose, located my truck toolbox (full of cool shit customs taxes involved ) then kept driving back to Tamarindo, next day. Since May 1,2017 inspections here kept failing me-tire size. Explored every option. I had a good friend going to South Beach early August. I located 4.25" fender flares on Amazon. Friend returned August 12th. As of tonight, Riteve finally approved my truck. Welcome to the Jungle time now. Much respect to those with a ROD significant other and /or kid(s). Personally, I tried that earnestly and it didn't work no sad details needed.

Somehow, maybe from the chronic,, badass music or my drive in Life got me here. It's accomplished as of tonight. They failed my tire size originally. I still have all my performance upgrades intact. Pura fuckin Vida!

Not a rich guy by any means but at my age I said fuck it until 'they' tell me No!

My plate and registration tags in the works. Just wanted to share.

Life event achievements for Me.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
[GALLERY=media, 258]Screenshot_20170825-203315 by BatteringRambo posted Aug 25, 2017 at 11:10 PM[/GALLERY]

[GALLERY=media, 259]IMG-20170825-WA0033 by BatteringRambo posted Aug 25, 2017 at 11:10 PM[/GALLERY]

bluecoconuts

Legend
Congrats, what made you decide to move down there? What are you planning on doing for work? Sounds like a good time.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Picked her up today. Gonna be a few days for tags and plate. Already locked her into 4 wheel high and low in some absolutely rural inclined Muddy sloppy fun areas. She ran perfect considering sitting mostly since May. It's time to finally use my Gopros. I feel liberated with the ability to go anywhere. To me, that's priceless. Especially not knowing shit about shipping a truck like that here and going thru everything.
[GALLERY=media, 260]IMG_20170828_190918_135 by BatteringRambo posted Aug 28, 2017 at 7:47 PM[/GALLERY]

bnw

Pro Bowler
That reminds me of the trouble getting foreign vehicles into the US if less than 25 years old. The Kei trucks from Japan can get around that federal law in 21 states:
http://www.iihs.org/iihs/topics/laws/minitrucks

I recently talked to a small truck farmer who has one and swears by it. Says its the most useful "ATV" out there and very fuel efficient and cheap. For those not familiar with Kei trucks its the truck Godzilla prefers to stomp on:
https://www.autotrader.com/car-news...ird-tinyand-legal-in-the-united-states-264689