Didn’t we just score 33 points WITHOUT Sam?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rambone

UDFA
OK, I love me some Sam Bradford but in this preseason game, without Bradford for the most part – 33 points, 472 yards total, 8.3 ypp.

It’s a long season for everyone and we DO have some horses on Offense now.

Just sayin’………..

jjab360

Legend
It's preseason. Most of our points were scored by our 2nd and 3rd units, guys who are barely ever going to see the field, so hard to say the final score means much of anything.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
And that trend should continue if every team has the Browns' 2nd string defense on the field. :shades:

Jwise1727

UDFA
If Kellen can put up 30 against the Colts, Bears, and Saints, I find it hard to believe that Shaun Hill can't put up similar numbers (even better) than Kel. Keep in mind Kel was also 1 yard away from beating the Seahawks. Shaun Hill would have won that game no doubt.

This offense is as talented as it has been in a LONG time. I am starting to believe in the Britt and Quick hype we have heard all throughout training camp. Factor in Tavon, Givens, Stedman, and Pettis; that is the best WR corp we have had in years. If the Oline can stay healthy and the backs produce like they were mid season of last year, this offense could produce more than one thinks, even with the loss of Sam.

Ya i might be drinking the kool-aid, but this team is more talented on offense and defense. I would not stop believing in this team. This year is going to be a good one.

duli

UDFA
Nice piece by Kristopher Knox on Bleacher Report says Rams have a viable starting QB.
"Opponents are sure to dare St. Louis to beat them through the air, though gearing up the pass rush may actually play to Hill's strengths. According to Pro Football Focus, he was the second-best quarterback under pressure in 2010, only behind Tom Brady."

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Nice piece by Kristopher Knox on Bleacher Report says Rams have a viable starting QB.
"Opponents are sure to dare St. Louis to beat them through the air, though gearing up the pass rush may actually play to Hill's strengths. According to Pro Football Focus, he was the second-best quarterback under pressure in 2010, only behind Tom Brady."
That's a nice bit of info (welcome, btw). Also helps to have Megatron as your security blanket though.

Time for Briandroid to step up and be that guy.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I'm just looking at this as inevitable and moving on. The rams are stacked and good things could happen.

I'm dialing back my expectations from Super Bowl winners to Super Bowl losers. By a yard. But that's open to change back.

In Hill we trust.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Welcome duli.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was happy when we signed Hill. He's a smart guy with a great sense of timing and touch. He's a solid game manager. Better QB than Clemens. We're not in bad hands. I just wish we had a guy that could take games over. But, gotta accept reality.

Jwise1727

UDFA
There are no positives to Sam going down, but at least it happened now and not at a similar time as last year. About a week and half before the home opener. That allows some practice time for Hill with the ones plus another preseason game.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I've been reading a lot of comments around the inter-webs and Hill is getting a lot of respect from teams he played on. He was ranked 13th in 2010.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
The more I come back down to reality. The more comfortable I am with Hill.

No more of these injuries. Last night was sickening. 5 guys going down?

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I was happy when we signed Hill. He's a smart guy with a great sense of timing and touch. He's a solid game manager. Better QB than Clemens. We're not in bad hands. I just wish we had a guy that could take games over. But, gotta accept reality.

Hill has one less game winning drive than Sam does. He can march us down and win a game if need be.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hill has one less game winning drive than Sam does. He can march us down and win a game if need be.

It's not about stats. You can see the difference between Bradford and Hill watching the games. Sam has the arm to be good and even great. Hill doesn't.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I would respectfully disagree. Hill certainly has the arm to be good and with this defense and supporting cast on offense as well as Hill's other attributes, that's plenty.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would respectfully disagree. Hill certainly has the arm to be good and with this defense and supporting cast on offense as well as Hill's other attributes, that's plenty.

I'm not sure what you're disagreeing about here? Hill is a 34 year old vet. I loved the signing because he's a solid QB but the guy doesn't have the upside Bradford does. He is what he is.