Did you watch the Washington vs Oregon game?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

oldnotdead

Legend
Last year I started raving about Michael Penix. People scoffed at me. If you watched today's game vs Oregon you saw why I was raving about Michael. Reports were there were scouts from 20 NFL teams in the stands today. Penix cemented himself as being in the top five more likely the top 3 QBs in the draft. This guy is a perfect fit for McVay's offense. He is a full field reader, with amazing arm talent. He stands tall in the pocket and simply delivers. He reminds me of Stafford with Kupp, Nacua and Atwell. Though he can run he chooses not to and save himself the beating. But I've seen him scramble and his 4.6 speed is legit. If McVay wants him he will cost more than 3 ones. Penix is the QB everyone thought Caleb was.

That said there are a whole lot of QBs coming out in this draft. With the right team a lot of them can be very successful. As long as Penix stays healthy he can be one of them. I only hope he's a Ram and not a Seahawk or Niner.

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
I didn’t see the game, but other posters here are questioning his throwing action.

Who’s right?

Tano

Legend
I didn’t see the game, but other posters here are questioning his throwing action.

Who’s right?
I am - his throwing motion needs work.

But he definitely could be a very good QB in the NFL if he gets it fixed by a good QB coach.

I wouldn't have a problem taking him and having him sit for two years behind Stafford while they work on this throwing motion.

At worst, he would be a good backup.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I am - his throwing motion needs work.

But he definitely could be a very good QB in the NFL if he gets it fixed by a good QB coach.

I wouldn't have a problem taking him and having him sit for two years behind Stafford while they work on this throwing motion.

At worst, he would be a good backup.
Thats the issue, you do not take good back up QB's in the 1st. You expect them to be franchise guys. I do like him, but I'm not yet sold on him being a franchise guy. Luckily, he has more games to display his abilities.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Are we seriously talking about changing the throwing mechanics of a player who has gotten this far on his current throwing style? That is a difficult task.

There’s tweaking and there’s starting over. The latter never works. Should an evaluation determine he just won’t be effective at the next level with his current technique, maybe we’re seeing the best penix has to offer and the Rams should move on to another prospect. Let 9ers or the cheatriots draft him.