Did the Rams peg the best receiver in the draft?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Greg Cosell said:
Watch any college wide receiver, especially one that played in a spread, and you will see limited routes. Justin Blackmon went to Oklahoma State, and he has no greater route running experience than [Brian] Quick. They both played in spread offenses. In fact, studying both extensively on film, you can make the argument that Quick, who's significantly bigger than Blackmon, is more naturally athletic. Quick is a very fluid and smooth athlete with excellent lateral quickness and deceptive vertical speed due to stride length.
Everybody said:
Justin Blackmon ... :shock:
Santa Rosa Press-Democrat said:
The Niners' first-round pick (A.J. Jenkins) looked like one of the worst wide receivers on the field most of minicamp. He didn't play with the first- or second-team offense on Tuesday, and he didn't catch a pass in scrimmages on Wednesday. He had trouble staying on his feet all three days, which was odd considering it was a non-contact minicamp.

Overall, undrafted receivers Nathan Palmer and Brian Tyms caught many more passes and made more impressive plays than Jenkins did. There's no rush for Jenkins to produce, though, because there seem to be at least four good wide receivers above him on the depth chart right now — [Michael] Crabtree, [Randy] Moss, [Mario] Manningham and [Kyle] Williams.
ESPN New York said:
I'm not going to say the absence of WRs Santonio Holmes and Stephen Hill (both out with hamstring injuries) will retard the development of the offense -- it's too early to panic -- but it shouldn't be dismissed, either. Because of the new CBA, which cuts back on off-season practice time, there's a premium on practice reps. For the Jets, the reps are doubly important because they're trying to master a new system. Hill will suffer because he's a rookie with no background in a pro-style offense (they ran the triple option at Georgia Tech). Holmes has missed five of 11 OTAs, but he'll get over it because he's a veteran.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
BBBBBut Blackmons 40 time (Old English Malt) is the best in the rookie class :cool:

Yeah I think we got the best one maybe two.

Ram_Fan

Rookie
Name
Ken
It's interesting how the other rookie WR's are doing compared to Quick. When I saw the interview where SJ said something to that Quick needs to step up now rather than later got me thinking that he might be a special player. I will have to wait though until he plays a regular season game. I just hope that Fisher and Snead saw that special player will also be the player that comes to play on Sundays.

In another subject....I am really stoked about our defense. The havoc that they will cause on Sundays.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ram_Fan said:
In another subject....I am really stoked about our defense. The havoc that they will cause on Sundays.
How DARE YOU! :shock: Changing the subject?????

I agree. Of course it's all contingent upon their ability to absorb the scheme and produce early. Luckily, we have a coaching staff that's just chock full of quality teachers. I have a good feeling about it too.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
X said:
Ram_Fan said:
How DARE YOU! :shock: Changing the subject?????

Someone call me? :7up:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
X said:
Everybody said:
Justin Blackmon ... :shock:

Could you blame us? This dude was a stud and had a ton of production @ OSU. He was a beast of a WR.

I am glad now they passed on him b/c of his tipsy adventures, but just 3 months ago, nope. No point in arguing it now, though. He's a Jaguar, and I guess could go to teams I could loathe more i.e. New England.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Initially, I wasn't sure. And like many, I was on the Blackman bandwagon. But having seen Quick's hi-lights, etc.,... YES we did get the best WR in the draft. I love what he will bring to this team. Mark my words... he will be a star for the RAMS!

thomas

UDFA
MontanaRamFan said:
Initially, I wasn't sure. And like many, I was on the Blackman bandwagon. But having seen Quick's hi-lights, etc.,... YES we did get the best WR in the draft. I love what he will bring to this team. Mark my words... he will be a star for the RAMS!
May indeed prove to be better numbers wise. After all, look who's throwing to Blackmon and Hill :sly:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Last week the Tennessee Titans got a scare when first-round pick Kendall Wright went down in an OTA practice with a right shoulder injury.

The injury turned out to be minor, [hil]but Wright is sitting out this week's mini-camp as a precaution[/hil], the first time he has been injured playing football, according to the rookie.

Wright, who had been making quite a splash before the injury, said the Titans medical staff was actually surprised with how much movement he had already regained in his strained right shoulder.

They actually were impressed with how much movement I have in it, but I just don’t like sitting out, so I just have to do what I can to get back out on the field,” Wright said.

It probably still won't be enough to get the Titans to risk using Wright this week, but it is an indicator that he should be fine once training camp opens next month.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Ken ... witterfeed