Did Studman and Tavon make

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NoCoNite

ILoveGoffBalls
Name
ILoveGoffBalls
Geno Smith fools gold?
Geno isn't looking like a quality starter, tavon and Bailey and starting to look like good players. Bailey looks like a steal and Tavons starting to find a special role on the team. I don't think Geno would of been a good QB in college without them. And I'm glad we got both of them! 11 12!

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
the NFL is simply a different beast. not all players that look great in college can translate and adapt or overcome. look at RG3 not to say maybe Geno could get a little better in a different system on a different team. i dont follow them enough to know if its a big factor.

NoCoNite

ILoveGoffBalls
Name
ILoveGoffBalls
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I wish I could of watched those 2 run all over the field in college, probably missed some exciting games lol

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Bailey has been looking great since preseason of last year and Tavon was not far behind.

SierraRam

Recreational User
Yeah - Sted and Tavon helped Geno...

so did Bowling Green, Connecticut, Georgia State, Norfolk State & Towson.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Also goes to show having weapons around you as a QB doesn't hurt.

NoCoNite

ILoveGoffBalls
Name
ILoveGoffBalls
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
We got the az, holt, and Faulk recinarnations , now we just Bruce and Warner.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Percy Harvin and Eric Decker are pretty good...

We both have our opinions, and you know what they say of opinions.. :cool: If Harvin is so good, why did Seattle give him up for practically nothing? Just asking.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Enter Quick & Sam.

Tough to compare anybody to those two, but if we put an OL in front of SB that keeps him clean...

Yeah Sierra, that's really why I made my post on a QB having weapons around him. Sam will finally have some now.

WvuIN02

Starter
There was an article about how the Jets made Geno throw to predetermined reads, this was the game he had like 3 ints in the first quarter. How can a team even hope to succeed in the NFL doing crap like that. Just like with Sanchez, the Jets drafting you is poison to a young athletes career...they only made it far with him because they had a dominating defense in those years with Revis and Bart Scott etc who were in their primes.

Rex Ryan all the way to the top are career destroyers. I feel bad for Geno, I think he might have developed somewhere else into a pretty good QB....I watched all 3 of their careers, and he made a bunch of amazing throws to those guys as well as them making him look good at times also.

RamEERS

Pastor
I'm still biased and say that Geno is not that bad.. sure not at the level of Rodgers or Manning, but he can play in this league...
The biggest problem is Rex Ryan... dude is a defensive coach, and cant tell the cornerback from the quarterback in some cases.. look how he ruined Sanchez's career until he got picked up by the Eagles... Geno just needs another coach or team and to learn the system a bit better.. may I remind you that it is only his second year..

Wouldn't mind seeing him as a backup here.. the chemistry he already has with Stedman would be ridiculous... they played together since high school.. heck.. just want to see Geno do well... the Jets is just a circus show for the media :/

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
We both have our opinions, and you know what they say of opinions.. :cool: If Harvin is so good, why did Seattle give him up for practically nothing? Just asking.
We both know that the reason they let him go wasn't because he is a talentless football player.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I don't think Geno was smart enough to quickly adjust to a conventional NFL offense where you have to study, read, and anticipate what defenses are doing. If he hangs around long enough to get his understanding of things where it needs to be he will be an NFL QB in my estimation, because he has good size and does see the field pretty well based on his success and how he did with those WRs in college.

This is why I think OCs are so important nowadays. They need to be able to teach and drill into the QB the proper level of study, reading, anticipating, and when you have a QB that is still learning challenge him but don't overdo it where it's gonna hurt the team.

We can translate all this to our own situation IMO. This is why it's crucial the Rams draft a QB who has all the physical tools but more importantly the desire to be great and mental ability to process and start that time ticking for him to learn. It's a tough deal, and it's also why I think they may "reach" a bit for that guy they covet even if it comes with a trade down to the bottom of the first round or into the early second round, because they almost certainly will enter the draft with one or two guys in mind.