Did someone actually hack the NFL's website to get this?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
April 5, 2012, 1:25 pm
By Nick Menta
http://www.the700level.com/football-phi ... eedID=8973

A website called EaglesStats is claiming to have uncovered the 2012 NFL schedule via the league's website.

The NFL released its preseason slate yesterday, but EaglesStats is claiming the league actually posted its regular season dates and matchups weeks ago and that the whole thing has been sitting on some inactive page on NFL.com that isn't accessible to the public.

From the explanation of their discovery:

"The original plan was to release the NFL Regular Season Schedule the week before the 2012 NFL Draft (Thursday, April 26th). However, I found a way to access this early and wanted to give you all a look at what to expect starting Wednesday, September 5th."

Now we're not saying the games, times and dates you see below are legit. What we are saying is that if this guy took the time make up this much detail (he did all 17 weeks for all 32 teams), then he is a sick and depraved human being and deserves recognition for wasting so much of his time on that basis alone.

Then again, no one's that crazy -- right?

The (potentially) leaked Eagles schedule below...

http://eaglesstats2012.blogspot.com/201 ... edule.html
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Rams schedule (extrapolated from that link) is as follows:

9/9 Vikings @ Rams
9/16 Rams @ Dolphins
9/20 (Thurs) Rams @ Bears
9/30 Jets @ Rams
10/7 49ers @ Rams
10/14 Rams @ Cardinals
10/21 Rams @ Lions
10/28 Pats @ Rams
BYE
11/11 Redskins @ Rams
11/19 (Monday) Packers @ Rams
11/25 Rams @ Bills
12/2 Seahawks @ Rams
12/9 Rams @ Bucs
12/16 Rams @ 9ers
12/23 Rams @ Seahawks
12/30 Cardinals @ Rams

And I have no idea if that link is authentic. But like the OP said - if someone went through THIS much trouble to fool the general public, then he's pretty depraved. Also deserving of a repost in my opinion.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Could be just an "orphaned page", which is a publicly available page with no links to it. Hence, someone would have to guess the page's address in order to access it. If the NFL web developers used an obvious name for the page, and didn't keep it behind a firewall, then I can see how someone may have been able to access it without hacking anything.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
interference said:
Could be just an "orphaned page", which is a publicly available page with no links to it. Hence, someone would have to guess the page's address in order to access it. If the NFL web developers used an obvious name for the page, and didn't keep it behind a firewall, then I can see how someone may have been able to access it without hacking anything.
Yeah, "hack" being a relative term. Meaning, in this case, gaining entry to a page not available. I don't know what other word to use to describe how someone accessed that page. There's also a way, I think, to gain access to a site's parent page (which would then reveal all of the other pages and links), and it's not easy.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
After almost 40years of following this sport (uh, business), this is by far the most bizarre off-season I've ever seen. New Rams HC & GM, Rams' whopper of a trade with Skins, Peyton going to the Broncos, Tebow to the Jets, Bountygate, and now SeasonSchedule Hack. Wow Wow Wow.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
interference said:
After almost 40years of following this sport (uh, business), this is by far the most bizarre off-season I've ever seen. New Rams HC & GM, Rams' whopper of a trade with Skins, Peyton going to the Broncos, Tebow to the Jets, Bountygate, and now SeasonSchedule Hack. Wow Wow Wow.
Thank God too. Off-seasons are usually pretty boring. At least now we have stuff to talk about. :cheese:

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
if that schedule IS legit... WOW.
Looks a whole lot better than this past season.

TBH, ANYTHING would look a lot better than last season's (who the hell did the Rams piss off to deserve this?) schedule.

steferfootball

Starter
Edit: quoted the Wong thing. On my android. My bad.

X said:
By Nick Menta

A website called EaglesStats is claiming to have uncovered the 2012 NFL schedule via the league's website.

The NFL released its preseason slate yesterday, but EaglesStats is claiming the league actually posted its regular season dates and matchups weeks ago and that the whole thing has been sitting on some inactive page on NFL.com that isn't accessible to the public.

"The original plan was to release the NFL Regular Season Schedule the week before the 2012 NFL Draft (Thursday, April 26th). However, I found a way to access this early and wanted to give you all a look at what to expect starting Wednesday, September 5th."

Now we're not saying the games, times and dates you see below are legit. What we are saying is that if this guy took the time make up this much detail (he did all 17 weeks for all 32 teams), then he is a sick and depraved human being and deserves recognition for wasting so much of his time on that basis alone.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9/9 Vikings @ Rams
9/16 Rams @ Dolphins
9/30 Jets @ Rams
10/7 49ers @ Rams
10/14 Rams @ Cardinals
10/21 Rams @ Lions
10/28 Pats @ Rams
BYE
11/11 Redskins @ Rams
11/25 Rams @ Bills
12/2 Seahawks @ Rams
12/9 Rams @ Bucs
12/16 Rams @ 9ers
12/23 Rams @ Seahawks
12/30 Cardinals @ Rams

And I have no idea if that link is authentic. But like the OP said - if someone went through THIS much trouble to fool the general public, then he's pretty depraved. Also deserving of a repost in my opinion.
I was once accused of "hacking".

It turns out that sending a little prank message over an incompetently managed network is grounds for a two day suspension and accusations of "hacking".

I'll never forget the head of IT's reaction, "Why should I spend time securing the network?" (Based on other exploits we found that was indeed their policy)

Fortunately, they put it down as "computer misconduct," on my record so if I ever need a security clearanc, I think i could get one...I'm not sure though.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Except that I'll be in California on 12/23... THAT sucks.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
X said:
By Nick Menta

9/9 Vikings @ Rams
9/16 Rams @ Dolphins
9/30 Jets @ Rams
10/7 49ers @ Rams
10/14 Rams @ Cardinals
10/21 Rams @ Lions
10/28 Pats @ Rams
BYE
11/11 Redskins @ Rams
11/25 Rams @ Bills
12/2 Seahawks @ Rams
12/9 Rams @ Bucs
12/16 Rams @ 9ers
12/23 Rams @ Seahawks
12/30 Cardinals @ Rams

I'm a tad skeptical of this schedule being legit -- it's the 2 primetime games for a 2-14 team that are setting off my bullshit detector.

Yes, Goodell announced that every team in the NFL will play in at least one primetime game in 2012. But 2?!? I'll believe it when the league puts it out.

bluecoconuts

Legend
HeiseNBerg said:
X said:
By Nick Menta

9/9 Vikings @ Rams
9/16 Rams @ Dolphins
9/30 Jets @ Rams
10/7 49ers @ Rams
10/14 Rams @ Cardinals
10/21 Rams @ Lions
10/28 Pats @ Rams
BYE
11/11 Redskins @ Rams
11/25 Rams @ Bills
12/2 Seahawks @ Rams
12/9 Rams @ Bucs
12/16 Rams @ 9ers
12/23 Rams @ Seahawks
12/30 Cardinals @ Rams

I'm a tad skeptical of this schedule being legit -- it's the 2 primetime games for a 2-14 team that are setting off my bullshit detector.

Yes, Goodell announced that every team in the NFL will play in at least one primetime game in 2012. But 2?!? I'll believe it when the league puts it out.

Well I don't think it's about getting the Rams some good primetime spots.. It's about the NFL going "Yeah, the Rams, they'll be easy. We'll let the Bears and Packers beat up on them in prime time so they look better!"

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I'm hoping this is not the real schedule. The dates kinda suck for my work schedule. And the thing about schedules in the NFL is you can't tell if it is a tough one or not really. Sure, you can assume the Packers, Pats, Bears, and 49ers will be strong but you never know.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
bluecoconuts said:
HeiseNBerg said:

Well I don't think it's about getting the Rams some good primetime spots.. It's about the NFL going "Yeah, the Rams, they'll be easy. We'll let the Bears and Packers beat up on them in prime time so they look better!"

Just the same -- I remain skeptical that it's the real thing.

And the NFL is now saying that this leaked schedule is bogus:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/06/league-says-leaked-regular-season-schedule-is-bogus/

Many of you have submitted via email over the past day or so various links to a supposedly leaked 2012 regular-season schedule.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello says it’s “bogus.”

Though the league necessarily can’t keep a lid on information that goes out to the 32 teams, the league office guards zealously the regular-season schedule. Since the teams don’t get it, the teams can’t leak it.

The regular-season schedule will be released before the draft. There’s rarely much advance notice before the thing comes out.

That’s what she said?

superfan24

Starter
If the schedule is legit then two VERY winnable games to open the year and then a primetime game against the bears!!!! Hell ya 3 and 0 to start the year while bashing my obnoxious bears fans!!! I'm pumped.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Ramhusker said:
I'm hoping this is not the real schedule. The dates kinda suck for my work schedule. And the thing about schedules in the NFL is you can't tell if it is a tough one or not really. Sure, you can assume the Packers, Pats, Bears, and 49ers will be strong but you never know.

I think the 49ers benefited a lot from turnovers bouncing their way. I think they were like +26 or some huge number like that in TOs.

But it sure does look "easier" on paper.

And I just realized, Cortland is gonna go against Harvin, Marshall, Fitz X2, Megatron, Jennings, Vincent jackson this year. :swoon:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
superfan24 said:
zn said:
"HBalzer@aol.com"

I have heard this is bogus.
:boohoo:
I had my suspicions. Still - that's a boat load of work to piece together 32 different schedules and get them all to match up. That's a GREAT ruse he played on everyone. I actually respect that. And at the same time, we have the Rams' (alleged) schedule right here. If it turns out to be accurate, then we'll all know for sure.