Did Foles stink it up?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
Foles faced the equivilant of our pass rush except the packers use LB's in the mix coming up the gut and outside. They were tied with us going into this game with 17 sacks and they are that good. Should be the best we will see again till the Playoffs. We can get off of Nick Foles back as Eli Manning could not have won that game and he has 2 SB's. Yes our OL took a step backwards but dominated TOP without Saffold their ONLY VET. We did what we said we needed to do to win in Lambeau but it was'nt our day with the missing of the blatant PERSONAL FOUL that I'm surprised did'nt break ribs without anything said from announcers. IT WAS A FARCE. Hope he is fined tho.:boxing:

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
He was awful and you're being dishonest and deflecting if you say he wasn't.

But maybe it's time to just scrape the pass catching TE of overratedness and go max protect with two TEs who know how to freaking block worth a damn and then reevaluate?
agreed. Foles was shit and yea the Oline was shit and yea the receivers played like shit too but instead of holding the ball for a sack Foles forces a throw that got picked. and his other interceptions were in a clean pocket but he just has no awareness when he throws and many times seems oblivious to the pocket closing around him. so theres not much excuse to give on all those picks whether he was rattled or not. he's also very inconsistant with his accuracy through all the games this season. he seems to always throw the ball high so receivers completely lose momentum to jump and catch it therefore losing a step. and multiple delay of game penalties?? thats inexcusable rookie shit crowd noise or not. yes its only been 5 games but i was never a fan of this trade cus the Foles of last season is more of the reality. he is an average QB game manager at best that only does well when all the pieces around him are clicking. he is certainly not a franchise QB because a franchise QB can carry a team through a tough game instead of depending on everyone else on the field to help carry him.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Come on. Foles did everything he could do with what he had. The o-line, with Saffold out early, got DESTROYED by a killer D. DESTROYED. They should pay Foles $100,000 each for what they did to him today.

Aaron Rodgers plays almost that same game with that o-line.

Fisher has 2 weeks to find an o-line.

No, he didn't. Foles played as terribly as his OL did. In fact, I'd say worse. At least the OL had some positive plays while run blocking.

…..

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Good replies, thanks everyone.

From what I gather, it seems pretty unanimous that Foles stunk it up but his stench no more stinky than the lines putrid performance and the recievers turning in whats becoming their average performance. Was Saffold not being in there very noticeable?

Wish Foles could have overcome a few times to make some plays because it seemed the Rams stayed in this thing
until midway through the 4th quarter!

Pleased that we held Aaron freakin Rodgers to 17 points. If we can somehow come together and get this offense going then we really have a shot. Bye week coming at a great time and I'm thinking its gonna be a bad day for Cleveland when we get back.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He was rattled early and often, getting killed back there. Reminded me of a bad Joe Namath in his last year.

Penguin.

Rookie
I'd rather have the defense count to two mississippi than have this offensive line. Besides run blocking, they seem somewhat incompetent. That leads to Foles rushing throws, and our receivers quitting on routes early. Games are won and lost in the trenches for teams like us.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good replies, thanks everyone.

From what I gather, it seems pretty unanimous that Foles stunk it up but his stench no more stinky than the lines putrid performance and the recievers turning in whats becoming their average performance. Was Saffold not being in there very noticeable?

Wish Foles could have overcome a few times to make some plays because it seemed the Rams stayed in this thing
until midway through the 4th quarter!

Pleased that we held Aaron freakin Rodgers to 17 points. If we can somehow come together and get this offense going then we really have a shot. Bye week coming at a great time and I'm thinking its gonna be a bad day for Cleveland when we get back.

Only on one play where Reynolds and Barnes didn't communicate properly and let Matthews run free right into a sack. Otherwise, I thought the OL was just as bad with Saffold as they were without him.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We did what we said we needed to do to win in Lambeau but it was'nt our day with the missing of the blatant PERSONAL FOUL that I'm surprised did'nt break ribs without anything said from announcers

The announcers did mention it but just as an aside. It was one of the worst I've seen. How could it possibly be missed? Compare that to the one they called on jjwatt acouple of days ago when he barely pushed the qb.

I felt angry when foles missed Britt deep then i saw that replay of the hit to make things worse.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Foles made many poor decisions behind bad pass pro but Ciggy could have dialed up a delayed screen or two or three today. Green Bay was selling out on the pass rush all day, obviously. Gurley ran all over them.

GoldenAges

UDFA
Name
Gold
I thought Foles was holding the ball too long. On a lot of those plays where he was pressured he was holding the ball for way over three seconds.

Green Bay is a tough defense. They have shutdown corners and they blitz a lot. Part of it is game planning. Where were the hot routes for when they bring the 7 man rush?

Foles does not have good pocket awareness and he does not have good elusiveness. Foles seems to panic under pressure. Having only watched the condensed game so far, initially I thought the OL played pretty well. Havenstein missed a block and the pressure caused Foles to throw a pick but outside of that play I dont recall any meltdowns. The line was solid but outnumbered by rushers at times.

It's up to the coaches to game plan for that stuff. Foles was much better in that quick strike offense in Philly. He also had more prolific receivers in Philly. I saw way too many drops in this game.

How about when Rodgers gets pressured? He buys time in the pocket by moving around or he chews up chunks of yardage running on his own. I haven't seen any of that from Foles. Foles needs a faster tempo offense and he needs to be in the shotgun formation to offset his deficiencies.

Did Foles stink it up? I would have to say yes. In my humble opinion.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I saw at least 5 replays which showed Matthews rush untouched towards foles, wrecking each play. How does their most dangerous pass rusher get ignored like that? What was the purpose of making bates wear that wig? It certainly didn't work.

Having said that the camp eyes reported foles had big trouble if his first read was taken away and we witnessed that over and over today.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Foles isn't innocent. That INT in the endzone should have been a TD to Kendricks. Couple more bad decisions compounded our O problems. But, yes...the line did him no favors.

Yeah, that INT in the end zone was a killer.

Very bad decision.

Get the 3 points and it's a one score game.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
12 personnel looks will give Gurley some lead blockers while Foles can do some damage off the play action
I agree with you about the lead blockers and actually think 11 personnel is better. The Rams seem most effective running out of spread out formations with one lead blocker "TE" and zero inline TE.

Foles faced the equivilant of our pass rush
GB is doing a great job right now but I disagree their pass rush is equal to the Rams, lots of great responses above (wore out my like button!) back that it was more the Rams failure to deal with the Packers rush.

it seemed the Rams stayed in this thing until midway through the 4th quarter!
The Rams were in it the whole way -- if Stedman scores on that last deep pass then the Rams are lining up for an onsides kick and a recovery away from being able to steal this win, even with everything that was so bad. Crazy!

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Foles hmmm. Pressured all the time, made some bad decisions.

Really aside from Austin, Gurley and Brown we could trade any one off the offense and I wouldn't bat an eye.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
the worst offensive player on the field today was jared cook (all facets - bad blocking, drops, giving up on a route that led to a pick 6,etc.)

the worst offensive group was the o-line, losing saffold didn't help
Isn't it always Cook?