Did Foles stink it up?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Nick Foles had one more TO than Aaron Rodgers and 1 less TD. Now go look at how many times he was hit. hurried, and sacked compared to Rodgers. Then look at how many balls were on the money and dropped.

Piling on Foles is completely uncalled for. Give him a line and he wins that game handily with Gurley keeping the defense honest.

Think about it. Gurley has 159 yards, Mason and Austin add another 30, and they STILL got to Foles all game.

I feel terrible for Foles. Dude deserves respect for taking that beating and drops on precious throws while never giving up. I'm MORE convinced than ever that Foles is capable of taking the Rams to the promised land with an o-line. It's on FISHER to finish the rebuild, not Foles.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i smelt it all the way from the other side of the world.

how different would the game have been if he hit britt early on that long throw?

but apart from gurley and austin the whole offense is on the nose.

And to think a few years ago we didn't even have them

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Between the most predictable play calls in the history of football, "receivers" that can't catch, and seeing Foles try to run wide into pressure instead of stepping up into a clear pocket, there is no doubt that the offense was going to stink today.

All of this is fixable if we would coach our players!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Matt Stafford was benched today, with 3 INT's.

QB's stink it up, sometimes.

Up until today, Foles had decent pass protection... And solid stats. Give him decent protection next game, he'll be fine.

iced

the worst offensive player on the field today was jared cook (all facets - bad blocking, drops, giving up on a route that led to a pick 6,etc.)

the worst offensive group was the o-line, losing saffold didn't help

FRO

Legend
He had no chance behind that line and with his poor receivers, but instead of limiting the damage he made things worse. His interceptions were all horrible reads/throws. The guy has arm talent and can play great when things are great around him. Our line and receivers are bottom tier in the league right now.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
The Foles V Oline thing is a bit like the chicken or the egg comparison.
Foles would be very passable with time and an elite passer may succeed through the growing pains of our O Line.
If we had 1 more difference maker on O, @ the wideout would be great. A gritty TE/Hback used as relief on those days like today would also help .
Of course I would love a top 3 QB but that is a little less realistic at this point.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He had no chance behind that line and with his poor receivers, but instead of limiting the damage he made things worse. His interceptions were all horrible reads/throws. The guy has arm talent and can play great when things are great around him. Our line and receivers are bottom tier in the league right now.
i understand being competitive, but i wish sometimes he would just throw the ball away. what was with zuerlein today ?? box score says he missed 3 FG/s ?? 24-19 makes a big difference. no running game inside the 10??

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
no running game inside the 10??
It's not that we didn't run inside the 10 it was more that we turned it over. It was a game of missed opportunities and mistakes and still we hung tough with a top 3 team. All in All a lot of positives. If we continue to develop we will get better and better.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Foles had his fair share of faults this game but to put the blame solely on him isn't right. O-lines that fail to protect their QBs will make even the elites look bad. Just look at last years' games with these QBs and you'll see the importance of pass protection for EVERY QB.

Tom Brady vs Chiefs
Aaron Rodgers vs Bills
Peyton Manning vs Rams

Even we dinged up Rodgers a bit today; had our passing game played respectably, the vent thread wouldn't even be posted.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Come on. Foles did everything he could do with what he had. The o-line, with Saffold out early, got DESTROYED by a killer D. DESTROYED. They should pay Foles $100,000 each for what they did to him today.

Aaron Rodgers plays almost that same game with that o-line.

Fisher has 2 weeks to find an o-line.

Foles isn't innocent. That INT in the endzone should have been a TD to Kendricks. Couple more bad decisions compounded our O problems. But, yes...the line did him no favors.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Between the most predictable play calls in the history of football, "receivers" that can't catch, and seeing Foles try to run wide into pressure instead of stepping up into a clear pocket, there is no doubt that the offense was going to stink today.

All of this is fixable if we would coach our players!

I missed the majority of the clear pockets for him to step up into...Other than that I'm 100% with what you said...

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
The Foles V Oline thing is a bit like the chicken or the egg comparison.
Foles would be very passable with time and an elite passer may succeed through the growing pains of our O Line.
If we had 1 more difference maker on O, @ the wideout would be great. A gritty TE/Hback used as relief on those days like today would also help .
Of course I would love a top 3 QB but that is a little less realistic at this point.

So, your avatar is a ram doing a backflip while pooping out a ram.........am I close? :)

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Foles did make a few bad throws but he was getting crushed all day and like others have said the uncalled spearing was a travesty of justice. Total BS.
The O-Line did not protect Foles.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Foles isn't innocent. That INT in the endzone should have been a TD to Kendricks. Couple more bad decisions compounded our O problems. But, yes...the line did him no favors.

GB did to Foles what we did to Palmer. They beat him into submission.

Will Foles make a bad throw now and again? Sure. He probably threw more dropped passes than bad throws this game even under massive pressure.

That last INT to TA was Fisher and Ciggi's fault, IMHO. It was the same play in the same situation as we used last week and GB was ready for it. They KNEW where that ball was going and jumped the route.

RamzFanz

Damnit
i understand being competitive, but i wish sometimes he would just throw the ball away. what was with zuerlein today ?? box score says he missed 3 FG/s ?? 24-19 makes a big difference. no running game inside the 10??

He threw the ball away many times. He took hit after hit after hit after hit and didn't fumble.

Zuerlein had two misses and a tipped ball. One of the misses was from 63 by an inch.

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
I think as effective as the running game is, you should be able to gameplan around the shortcomings of the ol and the qb. That gameplan may exclude #89.

Athos

Legend
He was awful and you're being dishonest and deflecting if you say he wasn't.

But maybe it's time to just scrape the pass catching TE of overratedness and go max protect with two TEs who know how to fucking block worth a damn and then reevaluate?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If you hate context, then Foles sucked..

If you care about no protection by an Oline and him getting hit on every play like a tackling dummy and that affecting his play, then you know what the answer is.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
But maybe it's time to just scrape the pass catching TE of overratedness and go max protect with two TEs who know how to freaking block worth a damn and then reevaluate?

This.

With a young O-line, I never understood why we keep on using pass catching TEs especially with an elite back like Gurley. 12 personnel looks will give Gurley some lead blockers while Foles can do some damage off the play action. I'm done with Cook.