Did Brian Quick just arrive?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Yes, he had two drops. The TD drop was particularly painful.

But; he was active. He got separation. Drew defensive penalties. Showed fire.

Had he not dropped that TD he'd have had a 2-TD / 100yd came. Instead finished with 97yds.

If last year it was going 1000 mph... it's still going 100 mph for the guy.

Today was an encouraging day, despite the drops.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'm glad you brought this up. He stepped up when Givens went out. He's getting good separation now.

The youth on this team is chicken noodle soup right now. They just need some seasoning and marinating before we get something special and tasty.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Yes he has, but his drops haven't gone anywhere.

3rd down and end zone were both huge game changers. It's gonna take a miracle to make the Playoffs. So... I guess that'll keep me positive! Miracle seasons are very special. :bg:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think so. Made two drops on crucial plays.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
mr.stlouis said:
Yes he has, but his drops haven't gone anywhere.

3rd down and end zone were both huge game changers. It's gonna take a miracle to make the Playoffs. So... I guess that'll keep me positive! Miracle seasons are very special. :bg:
I'm not fully excusing him for that critical corner endzone drop but it looked to me like he turned right into the sun and just lost it there.

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve
I like that he got more playing time, unfortunately we may be without Givens and Bradford now. Quick's arrival may be irrelevant unless there is a plan b at QB. That's the big question right now

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
jrry32 said:
I don't think so. Made two drops on crucial plays.

Well... he had to get open and targeted to make those drops.

I'd call that progress! :sly:

lockdnram21

Legend
smram said:
I like that he got more playing time, unfortunately we may be without Givens and Bradford now. Quick's arrival may be irrelevant unless there is a plan b at QB. That's the big question right now

Givens came back and played when they benched quick after the drop. If we can find a qb while bradfords out I think quick will continue to progress. I think he can fix the drop issues

Pho Kadat

Rookie
He may have arrived, only to promptly leave again. It would be nice if he stayed a while.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Rabid Ram said:
All our recievers need to spend time at the Jugg machine

You know... that's not just a tongue and cheek idea. The drops gotta stop.

After practice spend another 30 catching balls, fellas!

lockdnram21

Legend
I just hope the coach still gives him a chance because I think he can fix the drop issues because we dont need to waste another high pick on receiver we have greater needs like cb, s, ol, and we might need a qb

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
He arrived...and left. Not the drops...but the QB...gih.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Way too early to give up on Quick,and i've been critical of him myself. If he was making a few nice plays here and there but getting injured constantly like one of our former Ram 2nd rd WR's i'd be ready to kick him to the curb too.

He's got the talent and is it's coming out slowly...too slowly when you've got such a pedestrian receiver core as a whole,but i see progress.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Rabid Ram said:
Angry Ram said:
He arrived...and left. Not the drops...but the QB...gih.
Huh

Just when he was getting better Sam gets hurt.

Now he's probably gonna be working with Kellen Clemons. GIH.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I think most were saying year 3 should be when we know if he's going to be a player in this league or not. It sounds like today he had a very promising day, and is coming on. My guess is he'll continue to grow if Sam can come back, otherwise we will likely have to wait until next year for his coming out party. Which I would assume will come sooner rather than later.

V3

Hall of Fame
Ignoring his continued mental errors...can he really improve his hands? I don't think catching balls on a jugs machine is going to make any player that much better at catching. There's a reason "hands" are a characteristic that teams look for when drafting a player. Some people can catch. Some can't.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
He showed up and played a bigger role, but he's still got some work to do. Definitely getting open, so that's a bonus. The first play of the game (were the pass not tipped) could have entirely changed the landscape of the game. It's a shame, but that kinda shit happens.