Did Bradford Really Want to be in Philly?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Possibly. I think part of it is him trying to answer as honestly as he can without throwing the Rams under the bus.
Agreed, but a tell like that can be revealing and I think in his case, there's some ring of truth to it.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
He said if he couldn't be in St. Louis than he wouldn't rather be anywhere but Philly. take it all as you like but for a guy that was always hurt when the team needed him he has been so highly respected and liked by his teammates and coaches than he just must really be a good guy that wanted a new start and was stuck in the middle. its all PR in the presser anyways, nobody but Bradford and Snisher know who had the most willingness to accept a trade.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I don't think the Rams so much gave up on him as put a value on the risk to him being the starter again. When he said he wouldn't take a pay cut, it meant that the Rams had to listen to other offers.

Remember, as of March 9, this deal was dead. Whatever Kelly offered before wasn't enough.

AND... It seems Kelly was right to be concerned because there is still a market for Bradford since the trade.

The way the question was phrased put Sam in a bad spot and I don't think he thinks of the Rams that way. I think he realized once his contract came up that the business side of football was likely to be part of this.

But if Chip Kelly never comes back with that last offer, Bradford is still our QB with the full support of the FO and coaching staff and locker room.

I saw his "aw" totally differently. And... I think the platitudes are true. He would have preferred to stay. He's a forward looking guy. He's genuinely looking forward t

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He said if he couldn't be in St. Louis than he wouldn't rather be anywhere but Philly. take it all as you like but for a guy that was always hurt when the team needed him he has been so highly respected and liked by his teammates and coaches than he just must really be a good guy that wanted a new start and was stuck in the middle. its all PR in the presser anyways, nobody but Bradford and Snisher know who had the most willingness to accept a trade.

his exact words were, "if it's not in St. Louis, I think this is the one place that a quarterback would want to be and this is where I want to be. I'm an Eagle now and I can't wait to start this journey."

i've noticed that people that didn't like sam too much are trying to read too much into his vanilla answers.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I guess I don't really care what he said, how much is honesty is in these pressers anyway.

I wish Sam well but when you refuse to take a pay cut after missing almost 2 years, I could care less about your opinion or thoughts anymore. QB's with better resumes take pay cuts to make the team better.

Good Luck Sam but I have moved on and am excited about the Rams future!

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
It's surreal seeing Sam talk about another team. I feel like we broke up, but it was mutual. I feel like we failed him, and then asked him to try harder.
I know, very very surreal. I always saw him holding the Lombardi in a Rams uni.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
After the shoulder I was okay, after the high ankle I was still fine, then the ACL and I had my doubts, then the second ACL and I was convinced it was time to move on. There is no way the Rams were ever going to win with Bradford. No winning franchise hangs onto that and when Sam wouldn't restructure he sealed it. I figure Snead and Fisher knew he wouldn't restructure and by playing it out the way they did, they don't piss off the fans. They knew that they needed to change but weren't sure how or who so they said the right things and pounced when the opportunity was right.

The trade gave me more faith in the guys in charge. Keeping Sam had me doubting them.

I am so relieved to be out of that injury limbo hell.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
After the shoulder I was okay, after the high ankle I was still fine, then the ACL and I had my doubts, then the second ACL and I was convinced it was time to move on. There is no way the Rams were ever going to win with Bradford. No winning franchise hangs onto that and when Sam wouldn't restructure he sealed it. I figure Snead and Fisher knew he wouldn't restructure and by playing it out the way they did, they don't pee pee off the fans. They knew that they needed to change but weren't sure how or who so they said the right things and pounced when the opportunity was right.

The trade gave me more faith in the guys in charge. Keeping Sam had me doubting them.

I am so relieved to be out of that injury limbo hell.

I agree 100% with your narrative.