Did Bradford Really Want to be in Philly?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Bradford has always been very honest. This is the only thing that I have against this trad. (So we are pretty much good). I have so Manu questions to ask as to why he would say that! Its like a middle finger to us. I'm sure he's a little bitter about being probed for a a pay cut then traded but WOW. He seemed pissed, I know his coaches and teammates loved him. Only the fans hate Bradford, really. But my questions are...

Injury bug reside in STL in your opinion?

Contract bitterness?

Fisher lying?

Sad because they have up on you for another QB? (That would hurt my pride.... but freak he wouldn't take a pay cut!!!)

It's like he knew half the fans didn't him...

Just.... WHY would you say that in general? I mean he could have went with the "Business isn't always easy" line, right?

But hey, its will be easy to root for Sam if it doesn't affect us. (Keeping our third rounder would be GREAT too.) I'll always be a Bradford fan but saying that really showed a change of heart after all these years.

It's nothing and I made it something... IDK.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
In the presser he avoided throwing the Rams under the bus. When he said he wanted to be an eagle, I'm pretty sure it was in reference to when asked if other teams were going after him. He said yeah there was some other teams but he wanted to be an eagle. I dont think he necessarily meant he didn't want to be a Ram.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
What did you expect him to say? That he wished he was still in St Louis.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Canned responses. You have to heap praise on your new city, coach, reporters, and fans.
I think he said he had other options, but that Philly was the place he wanted to be (of those other options).

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
I think it's a mixture of things. A change of scenery, to face losing seasons and then injury issues linger in St.Louis. And the system, it similar to what Sam played in college. Also they are a winning team, granted they didn't make the playoffs and lost some big names, but Chip Kelly believes that it's his system and not the players.

TxRamsFan

UDFA
I agree on it was a mixture of things....we have to also keep in mind that he is heading to a place "where" the fan base is not happy AT ALL with Kellys moves...so as a business move for philly, he said what needed to say and I don't think it was a Jab back at St.Louis. Imo

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I think you might be reaching quite a significant amount for something to talk about. That's about innocuous as player prescripted speeches go and he's attacking us? It's no more of an attack than Foles saying he's happy to be in STL.

jjab360

Legend
I saw the press conference, didn't see any jabs at St. Louis other than maybe the implication where there are more passionate (note: insane) fans in Philly and he didn't seem too excited about that.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
His fate was sealed when he refused to restructure.
A new start is probably the best for both sides.
I admittedly, will probably watch a few more Philly games next year, just to watch him. I hope he does well.

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
The way a understood it is that, when he knew he was going to be traded, of the teams that had expressed interest in him, Philly were where he wanted to be out of that list.
I still think Sam's number 1 preference would have been to stay in Stl, but when it became clear to him that he was going to be traded, Philly was his top choice of the available destinations.

Although, as others say, one has to express how much they love a new city/team once they have been traded to them. So him saying that at all may have just been facetious.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I don't get out of what he said that he wanted out. What I did get out of it, is that he and the Rams had discussed other options, teams, an open relationship.

It's surreal seeing Sam talk about another team. I feel like we broke up, but it was mutual. I feel like we failed him, and then asked him to try harder.

It's a business, but it's a rough one. I wish him very well. I thought he was the one.I thought we could work it out.

Sorry, Sam. I hope we can remain friends. I hope that my friends will still respect you, because I haven't stopped caring.

Last edited:

lordbannon

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You heard it here first. Stl signs Bradford in free agency 2016. Fisher says he used Philly for its sports science division. Chip Kelly states he just didnt like the team having cap space and wanted to prove he could win with whomever he pleased. Eagles announce lordbannon as 2016 starting quarterback to prove point.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What did you expect him to say? That he wished he was still in St Louis.

"I loved my time in STL but I'm ready to be an Eagle now and look forward to the opportunity to help this team win. Can't wait to get on the field, very excited. "

That's what I wanted him to say!

In the presser he avoided throwing the Rams under the bus. When he said he wanted to be an eagle, I'm pretty sure it was in reference to when asked if other teams were going after him. He said yeah there was some other teams but he wanted to be an eagle. I dont think he necessarily meant he didn't want to be a Ram.

Thank you for that. (y)

I didn't get to see it, just read it.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Philly is a better fit, I think he wants to be there. I think Sam just wants to play, he doesn't care where. I wouldn't read into responses like he didn't like St Louis.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
You heard it here first. Stl signs Bradford in free agency 2016. Fisher says he used Philly for its sports science division. Chip Kelly states he just didnt like the team having cap space and wanted to prove he could win with whomever he pleased. Eagles announce lordbannon as 2016 starting quarterback to prove point.

My only issue with this is that Lord Bannon has small hands and has limited mobility out of the pocket

lordbannon

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My only issue with this is that Lord Bannon has small hands and has limited mobility out of the pocket

He can't throw the ball accurately past fifteen yards either, and gets skittish under pressure, but he does look damn good in the post game press conference. I'm sure jrry can provide a better analysis though - I'm not good at breaking down QBs

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
I think he is a better fit in Philly. He was pretty good in our no huddle offenses and that's Chip's bread and butter.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Canned responses. You have to heap praise on your new city, coach, reporters, and fans.
I think he said he had other options, but that Philly was the place he wanted to be (of those other options).
Did you notice his pause before answering the question as to whether he thought the Rams had given up on him? He gave it the "aw" (pause) before responding no. To me, that was a "tell".

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Did you notice his pause before answering the question as to whether he thought the Rams had given up on him? He gave it the "aw" (pause) before responding no. To me, that was a "tell".

Possibly. I think part of it is him trying to answer as honestly as he can without throwing the Rams under the bus.