Did anyone see this???

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
I'll just say this.

A whole Footlocker full of "other shoes" can drop and there will STILL be people making the same argument you're making.

There isn't enough evidence including full confessions that will satisfy some people. I'm not saying you're one of them.

That said, these arguments of equivocation have been old since the '80s. At this point, they're old, tired and need to be retired.

Lastly, even as a devout Christian, I feel comfortable saying this has very little to do with "religious values". Men have been openly promiscuous for decades and...? Yep, nothing. Because men even if they disagree haven't had the existing power structure blast them.

Women only recently in historical terms have the power to say, "yes" or "no" and not face consequences up to and including death.

Again, this is one of many conversations we need to have as a society because as we see, it's really impossible to separate things like politics, religion, social justice, economics and other topics from real life, even if we don't necessarily want to talk about them on a football fan forum.

And the more we don't talk about these critical topics while in society at large, the more they will intrude on our downtime fun spaces.

We can fix the leaky roof or sit under the drip, but we can't reasonably complain about the leak if we don't make any effort to patch, let alone fix the roof.
Again. Like I said to Les. I don't think we are on different sides of this issue. I just don't assume the guys are the only ones playing predator here. We need to send consistent signals.

I think the real gains women have made in demanding respect and equal treatment are beautiful. By the way, I read your story, with your wife from years ago. Thanks for sharing. Hopefully it hasn't been to traumatizing for her over the years.

You are a better man than I. I might be in a 4x10 cell today.

Thanks for your input Mac.

fearsomefour

Legend
Well this isn't what seems to have happened, and frankly you are making up a remotely possible scenario and that's just not what we are looking at in most of these cases we see arising.

That's your opinion, and the fact that almost all of the men accused are copping to it and apologizing seems lost on you. That's not a case of "swung too far" it's a case of assholes getting called out for the crap they did and women not being afraid as much as they have been.

Yeah, and we are reading about those types of pigs in the news a lot lately because women have become willing to step forward and speak up about what's happened to them in the past and present.

For sure, that is correct. So you let people know what they did when they do it. We are seeing that now.

For a moment I thought we had achieved comprehension. I dunno.

No man, I love ya tons, but this is far from the truth. It's not a sign of a tragically weak human. That's just not a fair statement.

Just an FYI..........this isn't based on suspicion and rumor. And it isn't a torrent of fake claims.

These are pieces of crap that have done their best to take advantage and have gotten away with it for a long time and deserve what they are getting.

I think there is a line too. Asking a co-worker out, flirting and that kind of thing is normal human interaction. I think you have said something here that needed to be added to the conversation.

But that's not what we are seeing and reading. It's worse than that by a mile.

Grabbing tits and ass, pulling out your dick and rubbing one out in front of a woman, asking for a blow job, telling a woman she is a hot piece of ass, that she looks like a good freak, asking what her favorite sexual positions are, texting unsolicited naked pics and videos, and all of the other crap we have seen crop up in the news is over anyone's line. Regardless of how the woman was dressed, and regardless of how much she flirted back.

A woman showing some interest in a man doesn't give him the right to do those things and it seems to me a few posters are saying they can justify why these guys did that because of that, or how she was dressed. That's crazy.

It's freaked up, it's wrong. And a lot of these actions are illegal, criminal.
Depends on the situation and the person.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
We can't have a conversation because you aren't up to it. You are so out of touch, it would be amusing..........if your viewpoint wasn't dangerous.

It's neanderthal.

And I will not have a battle of wits with an unarmed man.

You said.......Much of the blame goes to Feminism. They want to be treated like guys, be promiscuous like guys. Be aggressors like guys. Take their RU486 and wooo! girls night out!

You are disgusting, and narrow minded, and part of the problem, and a big reason why victims DON'T bother to come forward because they face uninformed and idiotic people like you that accuse them and blame them.

You act all religious and sanctimonious, and say you love your god..........but excuse things men have done that is horrible and pin it on feminism. How do you level those things?

Dude you are so dense I'm not even going to bother engaging you any further. You're caught up in the 70's or something and are so out of touch with reality it's no longer worth my time to discuss this issue with you because you are incapable of getting this even on the surface. So the more in depth stuff is wasted on you.

You should back out of this thread, you aren't qualified to be in it.
Les, you ok? Have you been drinking tonight? I didn't mean to hit a nerve. I also think that it's not cool to attack me personally. The only thing I said to you is that you were being condescending. Which is true. Now you are doubling down.

I stand by my comments. Not Neanderthal. (Which by the way was never a thing. Apes were always apes. Men have always been men)

I didn't say one thing to excuse bad behavior. Just the opposite. You seem to talk down your nose at me, but you are failing at basic reading comprehension. Not cool. I am witless as well? Wow, Les. I have to be honest. I'm kinda hurt by your attack. Kinda surprised.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Les, you ok? Have you been drinking tonight? I didn't mean to hit a nerve. I also think that it's not cool to attack me personally. The only thing I said to you is that you were being condescending. Which is true. Now you are doubling down.

I stand by my comments. Not Neanderthal. (Which by the way was never a thing. Apes were always apes. Men have always been men)

I didn't say one thing to excuse bad behavior. Just the opposite. You seem to talk down your nose at me, but you are failing at basic reading comprehension. Not cool. I am witless as well? Wow, Les. I have to be honest. I'm kinda hurt by your attack. Kinda surprised.

Go take your RU486 then.

I'm done here.

…..

Legend
Dammit....Was following along just fine until....well, I'm not sure what RU486 is.

I'm now convinced that's the key to my not being in the holier than thou club. I don't know shit.

No wonder.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't believe this at all. If you aren't bothering them they have no reason to "target" you. I've worked with ladies all my life and sometimes the conversation gets playful but not to the point of propositioning. Even if a personal subject gets too far someone may say TMI and the subject is changed. I have a friend though that says more crass things than I ever would to his female coworkers and I've always told him to be careful. He just laughs, seems he's well liked over there too. He's not trying to pick them up, but he does get a little raunchy with his jokes.
Well I will tell you there are some jaded women out there that do not like men very much or, after them coming on to you, being sexually rebuffed. Scorned women. I am talking about the jaded female head cases out there. Most women aren’t bad. However, It just takes just one person to make the accusation, and in a zero tolerance world the accused is now looking for a new job. I appreciate your opinion. Just working off my experience here.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Rather, I see this as a pendulum that had swung nearly all the way toward patriarchy and privilege and now that it's swinging back, you can rest assured, it's going to swing nearly to the same extreme the other way.
That is all I was saying Mac. I don't think "Just do the right thing" is a tough thing to follow as a society. Find out the facts. Protect the innocent. Punish the guilty.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Guys, let's not devolve into personal insults. @LesBaker , I agree with most of your points, but you can't attack someone for their beliefs.

Let's all take a deep breath. Think before we post. We're all adults; we can certainly discuss this topic maturely.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
This is how I approach things. I don't let myself see the ladies that work for me as sexual objects.

I know. They are not sexual objects. They're simply objects. I hate when I hit my chin bone on one.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
. @LesBaker , I agree with most of your points, but you can't attack someone for their beliefs.

I didn't attack, I disagreed and illustrated fucked up points of view. That's different than foolish beliefs.
I'm out of this thread.

This has gotten disgusting and completely misogynistic.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Locked before this devolves any further. Enough personal attacks and chill ratings for one thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.