Dickerson: Todd Said He Was Worn Out After 10 Games

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Maybe someone can link the interview AM710 did with Eric Dickerson recently during a golf tournament. (Forgive me if it has already been linked) A couple of interesting comments.

I found the most interesting comment being a conversation ED had with Gurley in which Todd reportedly said, "Oh man I was wiped out after about 10 games." They both also talked about how they lost around 10 pounds during the course of the season. (Normal)

I think Gurley is going to have a great season. But he has lost 10-15 pounds BEFORE the season has started, reportedly.

Anyone have any concerns?

DenverRam

Starter
well he pretty much was the offense last season. He was that at Georgia though too.

Though at G he had 2 decent backs to come in and rest him. Mason should be able to take some of that.

I would like Mason to get like 12 carries and Gurley around 18-20 per game. Rest him a bit more.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
True. That would be a good ratio, although it is not a given anymore that Mason will be on the team. It could be Bennie and/or that Green kid.

DenverRam

Starter
oh yea. i forgot about that. He has court coming? NFL hasn't addressed it yet either...

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
That's probably more or less the reason he sat out vs SF. It was a meaningless game and he had nothing left to prove other then padding the stat sheet. Plus, coming off an injury like that will wear you out quicker. He's going to be a beast this year.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Every starter in the NFL is worn out at that point. It's a grueling season but the main thing is Todd staying healthy.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Sounds like he hit the rookie wall there. As has been mentioned above, he WAS the offense last year. I expect Tavon and Cooper to get a lot more touches in the short game to alleviate that this year. Really excited to see how they use the TEs we have on the roster as well.

jap

Legend
Sounds like he hit the rookie wall there. As has been mentioned above, he WAS the offense last year. I expect Tavon and Cooper to get a lot more touches in the short game to alleviate that this year. Really excited to see how they use the TEs we have on the roster as well.

Yes, he hit the proverbial wall, but at least he knows what he has to do to prevent that this time around, which is why he was working out like the dickens to get himself in even better condition. Last season may very well have been only a taste of what's to come. The Gurley Express!' next stops? Several pit stops in the San Francisco endzone in Game One.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
We've read about it during the OTAs over the last month or so...

Rookies are amazed at the shape veteran NFL players are in when they 1st step onto the field with them. Rooks think they're in great shape until they see what an NFL diet and training schedule does for a body.

TG is now heading into his 1st season with the benefit of having all of the NFL advantages. He's also at a much better point in his ACL recovery.

TG is going to be much harder for defenses to handle now.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Not surprising. I'm really looking forward to seeing him this year. I would expect to see him get 80-85% of the offensive plays and be fine with that. It's been done before by plenty of players, takes heart and sacrifice but that's why they get the big bucks and endorsement deals.

Shawnbb158

Starter
Not worried. He didn't get to participate in the condiontiong program last year due to his knee plus he dropped weight this year too. He is going to be just as strong the first round of the playoffs this year as he is the opener ;)

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
Maybe someone can link the interview AM710 did with Eric Dickerson recently during a golf tournament. (Forgive me if it has already been linked) A couple of interesting comments.

I found the most interesting comment being a conversation ED had with Gurley in which Todd reportedly said, "Oh man I was wiped out after about 10 games." They both also talked about how they lost around 10 pounds during the course of the season. (Normal)

I think Gurley is going to have a great season. But he has lost 10-15 pounds BEFORE the season has started, reportedly.

Anyone have any concerns?

Keep in mind that Todd was never able to get into football shape before last season. He was doing all rehab stuff. Getting reps and going through all the offseason training will pay huge dividends for him down the stretch this year.

jap

Legend
What the training crew and Todd should be doing is seeking that ideal compromise between weight, strength, speed, & quickness. You don't wanna weigh too much to negatively impact your speed & quickness. You also don't wanna weigh too little to adversely impact your brute strength. They wanna maximize the Beast, optimize the Battering Ram, then trun him losse on the entire NFL.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's probably more or less the reason he sat out vs SF.

Every starter in the NFL is worn out at that point. It's a grueling season but the main thing is Todd staying healthy.

Yes, he hit the proverbial wall, but at least he knows what he has to do to prevent that this time around, which is why he was working out like the dickens to get himself in even better condition

TG is now heading into his 1st season with the benefit of having all of the NFL advantages. He's also at a much better point in his ACL recovery.
@LACHAMP46 said: Nope

Not surprising. I'm really looking forward to seeing him this year

Not worried

(n) Sooooo.... Are you fellas saying I should step down from the ledge?

:LOL:

Last edited:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
My Biggest concern is, Just how many games will I get to see LIVE this year!!:D