Dickerson talks ???

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
They left LA the same year, the fans had already jumped ship to a degree because the Raiders were a winning team, were going to the playoffs a lot and had even won a SB in LA.

Tickets sold doesn't mean butts in the seats.

Back then the NFL was not nearly the sensation it has become.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I’m sorry, but I have never missed a single Rams game in 12 years. No matter how bad or how good they’ve been, I watch every snap of every game. If I lived in LA? I’d probably get a divorce and be homeless for all the money I would put into the team with tickets and merchandise. If you don’t show up, that’s on you for not being a true fan. LA doesn’t have enough of those.

Cullen Bryant

Rookie
Name
Will
This is not an L.A. thing, it's a Rams thing. The Lakers. Dodgers and Kings don't have this problem. Dodger and Kings fans are awesome. Lakers fans step up for playoffs but are pretty laid back during regular season. The atmosphere at Dodgers and Kings games is amazing. If the Rams make the playoffs the Coliseum will be sold out. It's going to take some time that's all.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Rams have to earn it just like every other LA team did.

Plus that stadium is terrible to watch a game in.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Didn't look too bad to me.
(prior to kickoff)

Screenshot_1.jpg

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Yep, sad they the crowds are so small.
On that note, a friend of mine from Northern California is going to the Rams Vs Eagles game.
That should be one to watch in person.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
True. But winning has always mattered.

I've often thought about the LA Raider/ Anaheim Ram situation. I think there was more at play. The Raiders bad ass reputation back then was off the charts. It was ironic because the Rams Defense was just as good if not better thru the seventies and eighties. But, LA is a media town and fan education wasn't what it is now. Throw in Georgia being the owner, after Carroll R. mysteriously drowned, and a poor owner at that. The Ram mystic of the fearsome foursome days waned quite a bit.

Moving was a detriment though. It always is because of the gaps it creates in the fan base. Sure, the NFL is back in LA but with USC football feeling more like a bought and paid NFL team to fill the void for many years, and the Chargers, Raiders, and 49ers so close, did it ever feel like it was really gone? Football is alive in PA but I have to drive three hours to an Eagles game and four to a Steelers game, not that I am a fan. Throw in that with TV and internet coverage it is easier than ever to be a fan of a team on the other side of the country. So, for anyone but true Ram fans I doubt they really noticed that the NFL was missing.

Then you have the whole laid back LA thing, and the basketball town thing, which is largely due to continued existence and success of LA teams there, plus you have the heat. Even on a dry day sitting in an open are stadium at Ninety degrees is not that enjoyable. Especially when you could be in trunks on a surfboard on a beach with a cool ocean and scantily clad babes around you instead.

I'm really hoping that Stan's palace changes the experience enough to make fans want to be there, and that McVay and Snead can put a consistent playoff winner on the field. Seeing a half filled stadium in big games like Seattle is depressing.