1. To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dickerson talks ???

Discussion in 'RAMS - NFL TALK' started by Mikey Ram, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
    Expand Collapse

Have heard him trash Fisher (Ok)... I've heard his opinions about quite a few things, including his knowledge of startng QB material...I wonder if he might ask the good folks of SoCal (who along with him lauded ad nausem the return of the Rams), if they would be good enough to show up in at least sufficient numbers that opposing QBs won't be able to ask for noise IN THE COLISEUM..

• Like Like x 7
  2. gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
    Rams On Demand Sponsor
    Expand Collapse

I've been a fan for over 40 years so I don't care where they play , but it's pretty disturbing that a team in first place can't fill the stadium. It seemed like a great deal of Hag fans all through the stadium, and Russell raising his arms to get the fans to make noise was not good . C'mon LA

• Like Like x 6
    • High Five High Five x 2
  3. RedRam

Pro Bowler
    Expand Collapse

It was the second time this season I had some foul-mouthed, know-nothing, opposing team bimbo behind me. After she dropped her phone on me, spilled beer on me, then finally smacked me in the head jumping up and down about a pick, I turned around and told her boyfriend to reign her in or else!

I don't care if somebody is a fan of another team. Just don't be an obnoxious @$$hole about it! That is apparently too much to ask of "people."

It sure would be nice to have actual Rams fans at a Rams home game... Maybe that's too much to ask as well...

• High Five High Five x 7
    • Like Like x 3
    • Cheers Cheers x 3
    • HaHaHa HaHaHa x 1
  4. Faceplant

"Did I catch a "niner" in there?"
    Rams On Demand Sponsor
    Expand Collapse

Wow. Pisses me off to hear that the Rams are second fiddle in their own house.....

• Ouch Ouch x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
  5. RedRam

Pro Bowler
    Expand Collapse

Me too! Having my girlfriend with me was pivotal in keeping me from knocking somebody the freak out! For me, Seafreak fans are now neck and neck with the Whiner fans as the worst @$$holes in the NFL.

• Like Like x 6
  6. TexasRam

Pro Bowler
    Expand Collapse

If you build It they will come. -Teddy Roosevelt

Rome wasn't built in a day. -John Heywood

Once the Rams have an undeniably competitive team the fans will fill the Stadium. - Texasram

• Like Like x 5
  7. PhillyRam

Starter
    Expand Collapse

Hate to say it, but when the Eagles come to town, expect the stands to be green.

• Ouch Ouch x 2
  8. RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
    Expand Collapse

Man, I feel the same way! The Rams are here, get your butts in the seats L.A.! What the hell? I'm going to all 7 games at the Coliseum this year and the playoffs if it happens. Seahags fans were everywhere in our house, not cool.

• Like Like x 2
  9. RedRam

Pro Bowler
    Expand Collapse

I should lawyer up ahead of time, eh?

I used to play hockey against this dude from Philly. All 5'7" 135 lbs of him... Guy had a 6'7" 335 lb mouth with a matching attitude. :rolleyes: Always wanted to fight. ALWAYS... unfortunately, for him, he hit about as hard as a half a bag of popcorn.:rolllaugh:

• HaHaHa HaHaHa x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  10. WestCoastRam

Pro Bowler
    Expand Collapse

I was at the game, poor showing. And that "Who's House... Rams House" chant they're trying to get going has got to go. Firstly, the Hawks fans all said "our house" at the end but the greater indignity was when the announcer chanted "Who's House..." and people chanted back "Trojan's House."

It was funny though.

• HaHaHa HaHaHa x 5
    • Ouch Ouch x 3
  11. JackKirbyFan

Expand Collapse

I had a season seat last year, sharing with two buddies. Section 6--Row 40. That's the 35-yard line. Fantastic seat and sight lines. I went to a few games as we sold the rest to a ticket agency. I chose to drop my seat due to the cost ($200.00 a seat). I'm in my mid 60s and I have only one kidney due to cancer in my left one that was removed some years ago. Have to go to the restroom a few times a game and it was very hot out at the Coliseum Although the sun was at our backs, it was too hot for me; heat is my kryptonite. Also, the rows at the stadium are very long and you are constantly getting up to allow fans to pass by as they buy their beers. And I hate beer and alcohol. And they don't let you bring in your own ice buckets like they did back when I was growing up and watching my Rams play both in the Coliseum and Anaheim. I have to have my water cold; I was born with a cleft pallette and a deviated septum I suffer from dry mouth. Me and my dad used to always bring two buckets filled with cold bottles of water and our deli lunches: kosher bologna on Kaiser Rolls to be eaten at halftime. So I'll just stay home and watch my favorite team.

• Like Like x 7
  12. Elmgrovegnome

Legend
    Expand Collapse

It will take time to build a fan base. The only thing that will do it is winning consistently.

And Yes the Rams need to build a fan base. How many of you old school fans are there? Not enough apparently. The Rams have been gone for20+ years. That is twenty years worth roof new fans that would have been cultivated, and most of the time losing in St. Louis did little to keep long distance fans interested.

Then look at how many jumped ship to the Raiders after the Rams left. Those fans move on.

LA is a transient city.There are fans of every team of the league there. Mixed crowds are inevitable. If you take out the old school Ram fans, then the LA Rams are basically an expansion team. It is going to take many years to grow a new fan base.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
    Expand Collapse

I just looked up Rams avg attendance for last year...84, 400 ...Who made up that number ??? I can't believe that's right ???

• Like Like x 1
  14. So Ram

Hall of Fame
    Expand Collapse

There you go. The Rams are a bunch of losers. Come in and go 4-12.

USC was the LA NFL team when Pete Carroll coached at USC .

The NFL has been out of LA so long NFL fans had there own teams that they became die hards . They have there own sport spots as well.

The Rams win against Seattle & it changes big time. Fans want to support winners. The LA market is taking a wait & see approach . Same thing happened at sports bars back in 1999.
    The big difference is The Rams are on local tv every Sunday. The market will change in time.The Chargers moving also has played a part.

15. LesBaker

Mr. Savant
    Expand Collapse

They left LA the same year, the fans had already jumped ship to a degree because the Raiders were a winning team, were going to the playoffs a lot and had even won a SB in LA.

Tickets sold doesn't mean butts in the seats.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Stump23

UDFA
    Expand Collapse

Rome wasn't built in a day. Remember LA is the transplant relocation city in the US. People move here from all over and when their teams come to town, they show up. As fickle as LA fans can be, when this team keeps showing what they got, more and more locals will show up. Unfortunately, ticket prices suck and price people out of the market. Winning rules all. Just look at the Clippers. When they finally started winning, the town showed up.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thread Winner Thread Winner x 2
  17. LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
    ROD Credit | 2016 Richest Members
    Expand Collapse

win more....consistently....I think we're 0-2 at home...or is it 1-2.....whatever...

WIN

and fans will come...

• Like Like x 2
  18. Prime Time

Expand Collapse

19. Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
    Rams On Demand Sponsor
    Expand Collapse

Good analogy...

Some cities, however, show up for the "new thing" in town... and show up even if the team isn't winning.

It'll be interesting to see how things turn out when the Rams become winners.

20. blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
    Rams On Demand Sponsor
    Expand Collapse

Another thing to remember is the place holds 100,000+ so there will always be visitors fans there. It was that way back in the 70's when they had been there and winning. But yeah, it sucks not to be dominant and have a home field advantage. Maybe in the new stadium.:rolleyes: